Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ysterpyp

Bismark Last 4 points

28 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles

Hi all , 

My Bismark build is the following build:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000010000001000000100119

Note im looking to get the most out of this ship , not a "fun" build

I am stuck choosing between

Fire Prevention (this ship is tanki as hell and buffing it would be great ),

Manual AA(would be great, That AP bombs hurt. And cv's love going for U)

manual secondaries( i don't think this is competitive but could be worth it on this ship..)

Players
944 posts
5,305 battles

Manual secondaries is a much better choice than MAA. I also think you need it to make a secondary focused build work. After that BFT and JOAT.

IMO you either go full secondary spec or you go tank build in preparation for the ships after Bismarck, in which case you already need a respec. So as long as you are stuck with this captain on Bismarck go full secondaries.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,964 posts
2,146 battles

Having the same build as you, OP, I took 'Expert Marksman', 'High Alert' and 'Directional Center for Catapult Aircraft' with those last five points. I really like having two fighters, instead of only one, around to deal with enemy bombers and spot the occasional torpedo. But this skill choice was made when battleships could still send their float planes aloft for the same amount of time as cruisers. As we all know, battleship float planes have been nerfed rather heavily in this regard. For this reason, I have been having the nagging feeling that 'Expert Marksman' and 'Basics of Survivability' would probably be a better choice.

I guess that 'Fire Prevention' and  'Directional Center for Catapult Aircraft' might be another option. But I have gotten used to having the 'Expert Marksman' skill on almost all my ships other than the quick-turreted destroyers. Dropping 'Expert Marksman' - on my German battleships of all choices - would really hurt. And I would not want to drop the 'Adrenaline Rush' skill!

So I procrastinate. It's goes with my avatar name, after all! :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,620 battles

Swap CE for FP and take Manual Secondaries too.

AFT and Manual Secondaries are pretty strong when paired and you really need FP to prevent being burned down by all the focus fire...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Ysterpyp said:

Hi all , 

manual secondaries( i don't think this is competitive but could be worth it on this ship..)

This is exactly as my own build (same captain used on "Tirpitz" and "Scharnhorst") with addition of:

• Manual Secondaries
  • Preventive Maintenance

for total of 19 points (and that was my 1st 19 point captain - I have 5 now in total)! :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,126 posts
5,880 battles

Sec build always on tier VIII KM BBs

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

I used to run a secondary build on my Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and what little I played of my Bismarck. I absolutely loved it but now I'm wondering if it's still really worth it. Fire Prevention is a must-have I'd say now, which simply eats too much into the maximum potential of any secondary build. If you aren't eeking out every single bit of performance out of your secondaries that you can then I'm not sure it's worth doing it at all. If I started playing those ships again I think I might respec for a survival build, as much as it would break my heart.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
887 posts
8,163 battles
2 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

Hi all , 

For me German optimal Battleship build goes like that.

1 Priority Target

2 Adrenaline Rush, Jack of all trades (or expert marskman)

3 Basics of Survivability, Super Indendent

4 Adv. Firing Training, Fire Prevention

Like a hybrid survivability/secondaries build ( more to the survivability side).

But variation is always welcome according to each player's style.

[TAW]
Players
54 posts
18,616 battles

I originally had a traditional secondary build for my Bis captain, but after the meta change (flame throwers  & T10 games) I respecced to a compromise captain with FP. Seems to be working better. Can't respec for those yamato APs, though.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000100000000010000010001100100019

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 12:21 PM, Negativvv said:

Swap CE for FP and take Manual Secondaries too.

AFT and Manual Secondaries are pretty strong when paired and you really need FP to prevent being burned down by all the focus fire...

i kinda like CE , as its gives you more option if n need to disengage, and increases survivability , without CE my bismarck gets roasted alot more..

Dont know if i can do that :P

I think i will go MS .. but i wont be relying on them, if i drop aft , i can still get 8km range but with FP and MS and CE

A -20% AA and secondary range decrease for FP + CE might  be better balanced build ? Obvoisly i need to rely on the secondary module after that and never expect to shoot down any planes and stick to AA Cruisers

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,346 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, Ysterpyp said:

Hi all , 

The only "manly" build is:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100010000011001000100019

I go PM as a 1 point skill to protect engine, rudder, and main guns, because my module protects the secondaries. 

I also use this captain in Tirpitz and Sharnhorst.

But Ive heard people experimenting with CE. But ... nah Ill stay with this.

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

The only "manly" build is:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100010000011001000100019

But Ive heard people experimenting with CE. But ... nah Ill stay with this.

You could drop EM (not needed ) and BFT or SI  for CE ,

EDIT:Then u only have 2km to get into manly range  :)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,346 battles
1 minute ago, Ysterpyp said:

You could drop EM (not needed ) and BFT or SI  for CE :P

True, but with Bismarck I want to get closer ... so I dont give a crap If im detected. 

Its not an ambush sniper such as NC. The accuracy and dispersion is just not there.

And EM is vital for me ... I hate ships with slow traverse. That extra heal is always nice too.

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

True, but with Bismarck I want to get closer ... so I dont give a crap If im detected. 

Its not an ambush sniper such as NC. The accuracy and dispersion is just not there.

in t10 matches CE is valuable.. u cant push in alot and you need to be able to disengage.. This is just my experience . TOP tier though CE is not that valuable .

For now i will take MS , later on i will drop AFT for FP, 8km range on secondaries is more than enough for me

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,346 battles
10 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

in t10 matches CE is valuable.. u cant push in alot and you need to be able to disengage.. This is just my experience . TOP tier though CE is not that valuable .

For now i will take MS , later on i will drop AFT for FP, 8km range on secondaries is more than enough for me

Report back your results :)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,620 battles

You simply can't spare 4 points for CE. ManSecs, FP and AFT means you're at capacity.

Which would you give up?

Maybe Manual Secondaries but that accuracy edge is needed for DDs and stuff you simply need to set on fire.

Not FP as there's too much HE spam out there.

Besides the way German BBs work, when you commit to a brawl you either win or die. CE is useless to you then.

I still take CE for my mid range Tirpitz build but that stealth BB build has been power crept out now.

As for T10 games? Just need to wait for the right moment I guess. Don't be first and see how the battle pans out.

• Cool 2

[IRQ]
Players
2,720 posts
6,638 battles

Honestly, for maximum efficiency, don't go for secondaries. Go for survivability. FP is always a good choice, but BoS isn't bad either if you need an extra point for another skill. It's possible to swap out AFT as well.

Manual AA works, but most of the time it's not necessary. You can get decent AA without it. FP is much more consistently useful.

On the whole, there are several builds that work. You just have to find the one that suits your gameplay style.

On 23/02/2018 at 11:28 AM, walter3kurtz said:

EM is not needed on Bismarck, it's a waste.

Bismarck has very respectable turrent traverse for a BB. I still use EM, because that allows for some much closer and dynamic brawling than otherwise. That's fun build, though, not efficiency.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles
2 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

Honestly, for maximum efficiency, don't go for secondaries. Go for survivability. FP is always a good choice, but BoS isn't bad either if you need an extra point for another skill. It's possible to swap out AFT as well.

Manual AA works, but most of the time it's not necessary. You can get decent AA without it. FP is much more consistently useful.

On the whole, there are several builds that work. You just have to find the one that suits your gameplay style.

Bismarck has very respectable turrent traverse for a BB. I still use EM, because that allows for some much closer and dynamic brawling than otherwise. That's fun build, though, not efficiency.

I pretty much went for this, with only AFT and ManSec for 4 pt skills, BoS and SI for 3 pt skills and the last two points into EM (AR being the other 2 pt skill of course). It kind of works out. Also, it means single fires hurt a lot less.

Also, I wouldn't skip secondary build on Bismarck. It may not be the best for the Bismarck, but Bismarck sure is the best ship to still run it on and get decent value out of it.

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles
19 hours ago, Negativvv said:

You simply can't spare 4 points for CE. ManSecs, FP and AFT means you're at capacity.

without CE , how are you going to outplay a NC that isn't a potato?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,620 battles
53 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

without CE , how are you going to outplay a NC that isn't a potato?

Angling until you can get closer and hoping your allies can HE spam him down?

German BBs are blunt instruments imo, they do one job (brawling) really well and nothing else...

I barely play mine anymore as they're so limited.

[UNICS]
Players
1,184 posts
14,983 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Angling until you can get closer and hoping your allies can HE spam him down?

German BBs are blunt instruments imo, they do one job (brawling) really well and nothing else...

I barely play mine anymore as they're so limited.

stick it in , and hope for the best lol

with CE you can get to your optimal gun range easier ... And have less plunging fire defeat your armor , i still think CE is strong on them as i have played this ship without it and then proceed to get BBQ'd 2 death

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles

KM BBs are tailored by WG to be *teh* secondaries brawlers.

If you don't spec a KM BB in secondaries but something else (CE, whatever) then any other BB nation will give better results with those specs. It simply make no sense to take CE on Bis as your "optimal gun range" is hopelessly *way* bellow its max concealment range and speaking of "optimal gun range" KM BBs case is rather in cynic manner.

The same applies to players wanting to spec NC/Amagi whatever in secondaries. We can see many misuses of ship strenghtnesses.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this