Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Donnerturm

WG - Please don't have me play with people like this

53 comments in this topic

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,206 battles

shot-18_02.22_23_05.43-0265.thumb.jpg.46626c9bd5c943873678585712cc3d14.jpg

Encountered in a T8 battle.

Please, WG, split the player base so that beginners can play with other beginners - if you must sell high tier ships to anybody. Kindly prevent that I have to play with/against them. It is neither fun nor engaging.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

So that player bought some premium ships. Or mostly grinded in coop until the Bismark was reached.

In the first case the user paid for the service Wargaming is offering. We all profit from this user spending money. The user has every right to play at every tier if that is the case.

In the second case the player still has every right to play the ships in random battles now.

The user needs to have an account level of 3 to enter random battles, so there must be some coop ones.

And seriously:

Five Battles is such a low number that these statistics are practically irrelevant (not considering the fact that they don't tell us the whole story anyway). I can have five bad games in a row in which I die early due to various circumstances. Unless you are a background camper I'm sure you can have those too.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,582 battles
15 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

It is neither fun nor engaging.

But guess what is fun and engaging:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 3

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,206 battles
4 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

So that player bought some premium ships. Or mostly grinded in coop until the Bismark was reached.

In the first case the user paid for the service Wargaming is offering. We all profit from this user spending money. The user has every right to play at every tier if that is the case.

In the second case the player still has every right to play the ships in random battles now.

The user needs to have an account level of 3 to enter random battles, so there must be some coop ones.

And seriously:

Five Battles is such a low number that these statistics are practically irrelevant (not considering the fact that they don't tell us the whole story anyway). I can have five bad games in a row in which I die early due to various circumstances. Unless you are a background camper I'm sure you can have those too.

But your reply has nothing to do with my post.

It would be nice to split the random battle player base so that newbies like him (5 battles in random, that is a newbie by all means) can play with other newbies. By all means, he should be free to play whatever he likes. Just not in the same battles as the vastly more experienced players. I don't think he will enjoy too much getting deleted fast in his tier 8 German premium battleship. Nothing against this dude. And yes, he co-oped his way to tier 3, the rest is premium ships.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,162 posts
6,731 battles

The MM for such situation would be awfully capped, there aren't many newbies which straight away spends alot of money and buys a tier 8 ship.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts
4 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

But your reply has nothing to do with my post.

It has everything to do with your post.

It's this users choice to put on the big boys pants. If you'd put that player in some new player matchmaker with his tier VIII premium ship I can't see more then one or two battles per day in total. The real number would probably more likely look like a big fat zero. You would essentially exclude this player from playing random battles with the payed for ship.

• Cool 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,206 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

It has everything to do with your post.

It's this users choice to put on the big boys pants. If you'd put that player in some new player matchmaker with his tier VIII premium ship I can't see more then one or two battles per day in total. The real number would probably be more likely look like a big fat zero. You would essentially exclude this player from playing random battles.

Err. ok. My bad. As I posted the following elsewhere already several times:

Split the player base by looking at the random battle winrate and amount of random battles played. Just to throw in two numbers: Everybody below 51% win rate and/or <500 battles played: segment A. Everybody else: segment B. I think the player base is large enough to support this splitting. This would, hopefully, increase the good experience for everyone when playing random battles. Lower skilled players and newbies would be put together, higher skilled players would also be put together. No hard feelingsd towards anybody, just a bit more of homogenous groups. I think that split would be worth a try.

• Boring 2

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,206 battles
1 minute ago, Niibler said:

Well OP if you don't want to play against him I wouldn't mind :cap_cool:

Hmmm... you could also play with him.

For me either way is not fun. He is only an extreme example but there many players who play this game like beginners. Usually when I look at their stats after the battle they have around 45% winrate.

Players
556 posts
5,595 battles
51 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

shot-18_02.22_23_05.43-0265.thumb.jpg.46626c9bd5c943873678585712cc3d14.jpg

Encountered in a T8 battle.

Please, WG, split the player base so that beginners can play with other beginners - if you must sell high tier ships to anybody. Kindly prevent that I have to play with/against them. It is neither fun nor engaging.

It's in Turkish, I'm from Uzbekistan and I don't read Algerian. Can you translate please?

• Funny 1

Players
1,744 posts
9,461 battles
19 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

It's in Turkish, I'm from Uzbekistan and I don't read Algerian. Can you translate please?

Don't understand the comment. It smells fishy though.

Anyway, Algerian doesn't exist.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,814 posts
7,553 battles

Well ... he used legit means to play t8, so u can do 0.

Bad luck with that, hope you never encounter him again :D

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,191 posts
5,517 battles

Basically it is anothar SBMM or selective MM whining thread.

what needs to be said to people for them to understand any kind of selective MM will never ever work with a game with no fuuucckking respawn mechanic!!???

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

Ah @xXx_Blogis_xXx! Finally you made your stats visible. Respect, my friend! :Smile_playing:

Glad to see my assumption confirmed you bought 200 Golden Gallions for that 2.5B credits...

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,836 posts
12,445 battles

So you want SBMM based upon WR. You must be new here as this has been discussed over and over again.

So answer me this:

- Total WR / class WR / tier WR / ship WR?

- Take OP sealclubbing premiums into account?

- Solo WR / division WR ?

- What about two friends, one 50% other 52%. They can no longer play together. Sounds like a good marketing strategy to you?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,329 posts
7,643 battles
19 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So you want SBMM based upon WR. You must be new here as this has been discussed over and over again.

So answer me this:

- Total WR / class WR / tier WR / ship WR?

- Take OP sealclubbing premiums into account?

- Solo WR / division WR ?

- What about two friends, one 50% other 52%. They can no longer play together. Sounds like a good marketing strategy to you?

+  -And what to do about those special people that bypass the rules by playing bad on purpose /create new accounts?

Most people that ask for skill based MM only see the things they think it will do, but never think it through. Only a handful actualy thought it through and are just mad enough to still ask for skill based MM.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

No Billy, we know you don't like playing with the mentally handicapped kid. And we know he looks strange with that bicycle helmet indoors. But nobody will make fun of you because of it. All your friends have to play with him as well. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
79 posts
3,712 battles

If he had to play against other beginners he will never learn the game properly.

If he wants to play at high tiers he will have to sink or swim

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
14 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Err. ok. My bad. As I posted the following elsewhere already several times:

Split the player base by looking at the random battle winrate and amount of random battles played. Just to throw in two numbers: Everybody below 51% win rate and/or <500 battles played: segment A. Everybody else: segment B. I think the player base is large enough to support this splitting. This would, hopefully, increase the good experience for everyone when playing random battles. Lower skilled players and newbies would be put together, higher skilled players would also be put together. No hard feelingsd towards anybody, just a bit more of homogenous groups. I think that split would be worth a try.

So you want skill based MM and no Unicoms then?.

Ill tell you now skill based MM will make your WR drop quicker than a stone in water.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
2,632 battles
10 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

So you want skill based MM and no Unicoms then?.

Ill tell you now skill based MM will make you WR drop quicker than a stone in water.

Worse than that, it will take away any and all fun you were having before even faster than that.