You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NavyfieldRedsky

Manual drop not working [NOT tier 4-5]

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles

As the title says, manual drop on CVs has a problem.

Sometimes it doesn't work. This has been going on for a long time. Basically what happens is when I alt left click to do a manual drop, it doens't work, it just directs the aircraft there. If I spam the left mouse button enough times it will work.

I have lost countless attacks because of this crap, and I'd like it to be fixed. And before you start yelling about my mouse not working - it works fine. 

Please fix.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
8,347 battles
21 minutes ago, NavyfieldRedsky said:

As the title says, manual drop on CVs has a problem.

Sometimes it doesn't work. This has been going on for a long time. Basically what happens is when I alt left click to do a manual drop, it doens't work, it just directs the aircraft there. If I spam the left mouse button enough times it will work.

I have lost countless attacks because of this crap, and I'd like it to be fixed. And before you start yelling about my mouse not working - it works fine. 

Please fix.

Use alternative carrier controls, i have no bugs noticed with the right-click attacks.

Thats not strictly true, i have no unusual bugs noticed apart from the laggy, unresponsive interface and the totally bugged fighter strafes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles
1 minute ago, kfa said:

Use alternative carrier controls, i have no bugs noticed with the right-click attacks.

Thats not strictly true, i have no unusual bugs noticed apart from the laggy, unresponsive interface and the totally bugged fighter strafes.

That's actually what I am doing. Can confirm the rest too.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

CV UI is notoriously fickle.

I don't play much CV myself but when I do (insert meme picture) I do regularily notice that the game confuses orders, such as my clicking a squad to move to a position and it then decides to go someplace complete different (and I had decidedly not accidentally clicked someone on the minimap!).

Probably the single most deciding factor as to why I'm actually not playing much CV at all, despite the fact that I find it more skill rewarding (aside from BS AA RNG where some no-AA ship somehow rolls a natural twenty and nukes half a squadron worth of aircraft in a couple seconds ...).

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles
18 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

CV UI is notoriously fickle.

I don't play much CV myself but when I do (insert meme picture) I do regularily notice that the game confuses orders, such as my clicking a squad to move to a position and it then decides to go someplace complete different (and I had decidedly not accidentally clicked someone on the minimap!).

Probably the single most deciding factor as to why I'm actually not playing much CV at all, despite the fact that I find it more skill rewarding (aside from BS AA RNG where some no-AA ship somehow rolls a natural twenty and nukes half a squadron worth of aircraft in a couple seconds ...).

I feel you. As an RTS player and (as you can probably guess by my nickname) as a former Navyfield player, I quite like the CV view and the way it rewards clever play. As I've gotten higher up in the tiers the AA does get very frustrating with the RNG idiocy...

But really, I would quite like if I could actually be sure that when I ask my aircraft to attack, that they would actually do it. 

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles

Could it be related to guns not firing when leftclick?

I've been having that a lot lately.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
1,444 posts
10,011 battles
28 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Could it be related to guns not firing when leftclick?

I've been having that a lot lately.

Happened.

Also today in my kaga, left click was there to select area not to move squadrons. So I had to restart.

WELCOME TO THE CV UI!
2k18 year of CV. :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

Perhaps this is somehow related...

From last few patches I sometimes find very difficult to select enemy air targets for my AA or enemy ships for my designated secondaries or ping the MiniMap... sometimes it works flawlessly (as it should be) and sometimes it is a struggle... strange... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,252 posts
10,547 battles
7 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Happened.

Also today in my kaga, left click was there to select area not to move squadrons. So I had to restart.

WELCOME TO THE CV UI!
2k18 year of CV. :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

This issue I've encountered a couple of times; the manual drop one not (luckily).

Sometimes I also have my bombers not automatically returning after a drop.. not that big of a deal (they spend 5-10s longer in the enemies' AA), but more bombers are lost than necessary.

[-FF-]
Players
663 posts
5,431 battles
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Perhaps this is somehow related...

From last few patches I sometimes find very difficult to select enemy air targets for my AA or enemy ships for my designated secondaries or ping the MiniMap... sometimes it works flawlessly (as it should be) and sometimes it is a struggle... strange... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Same here

Players
963 posts
7,565 battles

The carrier UI has occasionally done this as long as I can remember, when trying alt attacks. I just keep clicking, and it eventually works.

Honestly, I've just grown to accept that the UI is laggy/buggy when I play CV's (which  I don't do often).

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles

Just happened again. Utter cancer.

No, Allied Winter, how the heck do you think that a screenshot could be of ANY help? A screenshot doesn't show it happening. If you have nothing constructive to say, I can only encourage you to find something else to do.

And no, I will still not record my gameplay. That is not my job.

Quality Poster
3,759 posts
8,474 battles
2 minutes ago, NavyfieldRedsky said:

Just happened again. Utter cancer.

No, Allied Winter, how the heck do you think that a screenshot could be of ANY help? A screenshot doesn't show it happening. If you have nothing constructive to say, I can only encourage you to find something else to do.

And no, I will still not record my gameplay. That is not my job.

You don't have to record it! That's in the game you just have to activate it via the WG Modpack. Then the game will create a replay file.

But if you can't provide basic support information, tell me, how should anyone (including WG support) be able to help you?

That's like screaming at the tech hotline that your computer isn't working and when the support guy ask you for additional information you answer: "That's not my job."

Geez....

Greetings

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles

So I have to install a modpack, aha. Wasn't it YOU who was ready to blame it all on the mods like most people like to do? No thanks.

Its not my job to fix their sh1t-tier coding. They can easily reproduce this issue by playing a dozen battles with CVs or so. 

F I X 

That's all. Just FIX.

Quality Poster
3,759 posts
8,474 battles

Okay this is going to be a tale for https://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

1. Where did I blame it on the mods? I asked if you had mods installed. Simply because some mods can cause errors. Simple fix (done by you) could've been to uninstall mods and see if the problem is still there.

2. Official Modpack by WG. Don't want to install that? Fine, but don't be surprised if customer support ask you for one.

3. A simple bug report about how exactly the issue came up, what you did while doing so, is somewhat mandatory.

But I see, you expect everybody to read your mind about what's going wrong on YOUR END of the game. In that case. Have a nice day, but don't come crying if you won't find any help.

Greetings

Beta Tester
43 posts
1,703 battles

Ok first of all, no, mods wouldn't be causing the problems, but you were ready to blame the problems on them anyways.

No, I don't want to bother installing mods, I'm not supposed to have to install mods to play the game, or help the devs fix their sh1tty coding.

And for 3, I already gave a bug report, it is the original post, if you'd have bothered reading my it Clearly you are incapable of that, so I can only advise you to sod off, since you seem to think that I am somehow at fault here, and that it is my responsibility to help fix the broking coding of WG.