You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
resabed

Year preview 2018

31 comments in this topic

[JSF]
Beta Tester
66 posts
4,361 battles

have I missed something or wasn't there an official preview video

on what they want to do in 2018 like last year ? which lines they will introduce..

we just know about french BB's and American cruiser split but that's not much

for a whole year.

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles

It's gonna be the year of the CV :cap_popcorn:. Totalley enough for a full year :cap_like:. On a more serious note. I don't think there's been a preview video lilke that for 2018, but I might be wrong.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

#2k18 year of the cv like totally.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,279 posts
9,496 battles

Don't think there was anything on the WoWs portal, though someone digged out a rough outline from their Facebook page:

French BBs

US CL line split

RN DDs

Those where the major bullet points if I remember correctly.

I'm sure someone will link it, I'm too lazy for that right now.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,501 posts

They had some form of presentation during an event in which they detailed some plans for the year.

That presentation is apparently the reason why will not get an article on the portal this year.

[KAGA]
Weekend Tester
15 posts
1,328 battles

varyag :cap_haloween:

Essentially what Aotearas said, plus a hyothetical italian CA/BB line for late 2018.

Players
1,656 posts
9,070 battles
57 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Don't think there was anything on the WoWs portal, though someone digged out a rough outline from their Facebook page:

French BBs

US CL line split

RN DDs

Those where the major bullet points if I remember correctly.

I'm sure someone will link it, I'm too lazy for that right now.

You forgot, somewhere this year we would be seeing fix of BB AP on DD...

• Funny 1

[JSF]
Beta Tester
66 posts
4,361 battles

3 lines...that's not much for a whole year, or better said 2 1/2 lines because the US split is not a full new line

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,179 battles

Were annouced :

French BB at the beginnig of the year

US cruisers split in spring

RN DD during summer

Italian cruisers in fall

Maybe RU BB at the end of the year

[-HUN-]
Players
728 posts
8,257 battles
56 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Were annouced :

French BB at the beginnig of the year

US cruisers split in spring

RN DD during summer

Italian cruisers in fall

Maybe RU BB at the end of the year

And they said they want to finish the split IJN DD line sometime and I don't think it is too hard to make 2 DDs.

Quality Poster
3,254 posts
8,367 battles
6 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

And they said they want to finish the split IJN DD line sometime and I don't think it is too hard to make 2 DDs.

Iirc the demand for the Akizuki was quite low among the playerbase (as was the whole new branch of the IJN DDs) and as such they said, no more split action after the USN CL/CA split. So I assume: on hold until further notice.

Greetings

[BFS]
Beta Tester
721 posts
9,707 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Iirc the demand for the Akizuki was quite low among the playerbase (as was the whole new branch of the IJN DDs) and as such they said, no more split action after the USN CL/CA split. So I assume: on hold until further notice.

Greetings

Cos Aki is total crap, and secund branch of j dds is just bad disgine. 

• Bad 1

Players
2,320 posts
11,884 battles

Shiratsuyu without smoke and Akizuki after stealth fire nerf are not so much fun to play anymore.

It's all up to make ships interesting...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,707 battles
2 hours ago, Randschwimmer said:

Akizuki after stealth fire nerf

Why would you need stealth fire on that ship?

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
5,132 battles

and Akizuki after stealth fire nerf are not so much fun to play anymore.

Beg to differ, Akizuki is as much fun to drive as my Minotaur (although I never had her when stealth firing was available so cannot compare).

[SCRUB]
Players
2,650 posts
9,462 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 1:30 AM, PzychoPanzer said:

You forgot, somewhere this year we would be seeing fix of BB AP on DD...

What gives you this idea? The damage system is broken for so long now and apart from the occasional BSing we havent seen any progress there yet.

They should be aware of it for 4 years now.

They have been told - with proof - for 3 years by now.

They are "aware and working on it" for 2 years now.

They are "aware and working on it high priority" for 1 year now.

Is there some secret to numerology that in the year #5 things will actually get fixed?

Btw, another example of the broken [edited]damage system to follow:

Ingame the bot angled in sharply and increased speed thus my salvo went rather long instead of midships and against his slim silhouette at a sharp angle instead of his boiler room -> One shell hits the stern and it bounces off ....... no damage ......... well except:

cfbolVV.png

The actual Edited

So now even bouncing AP shells can do (module)damage - thats new! 

I know it was my only salvo against that cruiser at the bot got "fun and engaged" by BB AP afterwards.

So knowing WG, I bet at least half of the shitty BB AP citadels on angled cruiser is AP bouncing of their citadels ...... and ofc still scoring a citadel ......... I wouldnt be surprised.

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

Players
1,310 posts
3,571 battles
4 hours ago, Tanaka_15 said:

Cos Aki is total crap, and secund branch of j dds is just bad disgine. 

Shiratsuyu without smoke and Akizuki after stealth fire nerf are not so much fun to play anymore.

It's all up to make ships interesting...

Akizuki is great. She is a DD killer, completely annihilates enemy DDs when she gets in close. The only DDs she loses against would be higher-tier DDs with enough armour to block her IFHE-buffed HE.

Don't have an opinion on Shiratsuyu, as the last time I played her would be during the 6th Ranked battles season.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
721 posts
9,707 battles
16 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Akizuki is great. She is a DD killer, completely annihilates enemy DDs when she gets in close. The only DDs she loses against would be higher-tier DDs with enough armour to block her IFHE-buffed HE.

Don't have an opinion on Shiratsuyu, as the last time I played her would be during the 6th Ranked battles season.

She is slow, slugish dont turn and has one torps. Maby it is good against dds, bu total crap against bbs, CA and CV 

• Bad 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
5,132 battles
7 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

She is slow, slugish dont turn and has one torps. Maby it is good against dds, bu total crap against bbs, CA and CV 

and yet she has a global win rate of 52% - so she works for a fair chunk of people who drive her

(stat from warships today).

Have to say that while DD's are her primary targets, other than the Russian gun boat types she fares at least as well as any other DD against the other ship classes.

Yes, she only has 1 set of torps, but with reload booster at least has 3 'full' broadsides. But she isn't a torp boat :)

Players
1,310 posts
3,571 battles
1 minute ago, Tanaka_15 said:

You're right, and I felt the same way several months ago, but those torpedoes are still good, better than the single launcher on the Kidd. She also gets the TRB in a separate slot to smoke, allowing you to panic-fire when you need them. I have my Akizuki equipped with the Engine Boost mod, allowing her to go 35-36knt for a full three minutes, which is always handy.

She is not one you should play like either IJN or USN DD - rather than scout ahead, you need to be in positions where your team can support you, rather than smoke up and spam at the nearest BB, you need to keep moving and screen your team against enemy DDs. Don't forget she does have the most health of all T8 DDs, so if you play smart you can outlast all of them. She still has DD-like rudder shift, so you can kite enemy fire with relative ease.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,799 posts
9,190 battles
7 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

Aki is most OP DD in the game (if you have IFHE). It has best DpM from all DD (t10 included) and can kill any DD (t10 included) in 1vs1. I like to hunt enemy Gearings and other to confident DD  with this beauty.

And Yes she is slow and sliiiiightly sluggish on the turn but "Well, nobody's perfect.":cap_cool:

On the topic:

And is there any info about GZ release in 2018?

• Cool 1

[T_D_G]
Players
380 posts
8,254 battles
19 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

You're so wrong. It's main armament is the guns, not the torps.