Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IamTroublemaker

Reporting system

60 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

So, my dear WG (I don't really mean dear but hey...) how about you finally do something about the most idiotic and unfair system in this game which is the reporting system? 

I got reported TWICE since my last chatban, and I got chatbanned again, and the guy that reported me was a GK camping in our spawn for 15 minutes with full hp because I called him a 42% wr bot, even though he was previously insulting me... 

I don't understand this system at all since my karma has only been rising and STILL I get chatbanned.

This is really pushing me away from the game, being unable to say hi to my mates in game because some angry kid felt like reporting me because someone citadelled him...

Wrecking someone is punishable, while being AFK and a teamkiller doesn't get pusnished. Clap clap

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,724 battles

Learn to speak to people.

I have played 13000 battles. Never been chatbanned.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles
50 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

aybe you should change your way of talking if it gets you multiple chatbans

or ppl could just grow a skinn tho.

i get reported for calling ppl retarded. K whatever thats what the report system is for.

the next game tho i tell my dds to spot. and then there is that chance that he reports me as well.

OR that next game where u get a tripple BB division who all move to that cap we already have and be useless the whole game. then u tell them to move to an other cap. they get offended as well and report.

as long as ppl get offended by every small thing on the internet this system is useless. 

• Cool 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,441 battles

Well, I talk a lot too and often far from nice, but I have never been chatbanned in >8k battles.

There must be a difference in how we talk ;)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

58 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Maybe you should change your way of talking if it gets you multiple chatbans :cap_hmm:

Even if I talk nice or don't talk I still get reports and chatbans, so no...

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles

Another thread about broken report system. Goodie... :Smile_popcorn:

Its funny to see how people with big karma rage more for getting reported compared to people with low or 0 karma who doesnt care about it at all.

I got chatbanned again few days ago just because i call my team mates braindeads after they all run far from assisting me while I was capturing Cap zones and solo pushing.

Life sucks, part of games community sucks, get used to it... 

WG did say they will do something about Team Kills but its unclear yet what. And system report abuse is not their priority atm.

Im curious how much chatbans did Flamu get so far since he rage at his team mates a lot. Potato this, potato that, etc etc... Hm or does even people afraid of chatban him just because of popularity.

Pozdrav.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,413 posts
14,381 battles
12 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

Yupp, same here. I generally don't chat at all anyways (until after I am already dead), unless something like "gg" or some such anyways but hey, that's beside the point eh? :Smile_Default:

• Boring 1

[OM]
3,440 posts
11,441 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Troublemaker_CRO sagte:

Even if I talk nice or don't talk I still get reports and chatbans, so no...

For some reason, I don't believe you :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

How easy is it to get a chat ban? I wonder because i played since cbt and i went on hundreds of full mental rage fests on players in chat calling them this and that and i have only gotten chat banned once in all these years!? What am i doing wrong?

:Smile_sad:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You have every right to, I guess I'm just a toxic kid who flames his whole team and comes to forum to lie about :Smile_honoring:

Moderators close the topic please, everything is fine with the report system its just me a bunch of other people complaining about nothing it seems, keep letting afk-ers, teamkillers and so on get away with it, but ban whenever someone gets a devastating strike, or doesn't do what other person should have done in that battle :)

• Funny 2

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

How easy is it to get a chat ban? I wonder because i played since cbt and i went on hundreds of full mental rage fests on players in chat calling them this and that and i have only gotten chat banned once in all these years!? What am i doing wrong?

:Smile_sad:

Maybe you have diplomatic immunity :Smile_ohmy:

When you find out your the secret let me know.

[MIRAI]
Players
1,125 posts
9,924 battles

We don't know how the system works but it might be the threshold for a ban is lower after you received some bans.

Player with previous bans says anything (not offending) in chat -> gets revenge reports by sunken players -> auto ban

Player without previous ban says anything in chat -> gets report -> no ban (or check by human mod)

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
2,160 battles
9 minutes ago, lameoll said:

or ppl could just grow a skinn tho.
i get reported for calling ppl retarded. K whatever thats what the report system is for.

Calling someone retarded, is a pretty serious insult. So yes, that's exactly what the report system is for, I guess.

Few people would consider it acceptable in polite society to call out insults when they meet in person. In most places it can even be regarded as a criminal offense. And yet, for some reason, a lot of people seem to think that those same rules of conduct do not apply when people meet over the internet. But the main difference is only that there is a veil of assumed anonymity across the internet; meaning - among other things - that a lot of people think that bad behaviour over an online connection carries no consequences.

This is not so. People who are insulted over the internet, can still feel bad about it. They can do so even though this may not have been intended by the other party. Carelessness may not be as reprehensible as intentional mischief, but its effects can be just as bad for the individual.

From what you write about "people growing a skin", I would guess that you have the fortitude to shake off most of those insults and aggravations that may come your way when you're online. If so, this is good for you, and I believe that in most situations this is the right way to go about it. But others may not feel the same way - and I would also like to think that you wouldn't want to hurt people who have done nothing to hurt you.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
773 posts
12,293 battles
1 minute ago, FallenOrchid said:

We don't know how the system works but it might be the threshold for a ban is lower after you received some bans.

Player with previous bans says anything (not offending) in chat -> gets revenge reports by sunken players -> auto ban

Player without previous ban says anything in chat -> gets report -> no ban (or check by human mod)

Probably this. Just like the pink status: you get longer penalties sooner the more often you commit friendly fire. Some people may even be in the situation that they forgot how having a ship's green icon is. When having an automated system for this things it's pretty simple to remain in such "reoffending" status. Well, as the say goes, "summum ius, summa iniuria": full justice -i.e. a strict application to the letter every time- (means) full injustice.

Salute.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
On 22-2-2018 at 4:20 PM, Fionia_DK said:

I got chatbanned once in a Ranked battle ... all I did was saying "hi" to someone on the enemy team (I belive it was @Negativvv).

It's not a foolproof system...

Imo biggest issue is that you can't even write in the clan chat window..

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles
On 22.2.2018 at 3:29 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Maybe you should change your way of talking if it gets you multiple chatbans :cap_hmm:

You dont need to talk to get chatban. Outplaying someone is enough for that.

• Cool 3

[OM]
3,440 posts
11,441 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, ghostbuster_ sagte:

You dont need to talk to get chatban. Outplaying someone is enough for that.

As far as I know it's impossible to get a chatban if you don't write anything in chat.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
85 posts
351 battles
On ‎22‎.‎2‎.‎2018‎. at 4:34 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

depends on who hes talking to... some people just need insulting, they dont understand nice way... dumb people will be dumb people...

Players
149 posts
10,187 battles
On 22.02.2018 at 5:00 PM, Procrastes said:

Calling someone retarded, is a pretty serious insult.

95% of players does not know what "retard" mean.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,197 posts
11,953 battles

The problem is that the report for "bad" language option, is the ONLY known report option that has proven to have any effect at all.

Report for playing poorly? - Either really does nothing OR is perceived to do nothing (apart form the fact that this reporting option is most stupid to begin with)?

Report for unsportsmanlike conduct? - Either really does nothing OR is perceived to do nothing.

Report for being AFK? - Either really does nothing OR is perceived to do nothing.

So what do you do when you want to report someone with at least a tiny chance of something actually happening and regardless of what he did?

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
On 2/22/2018 at 4:40 PM, Troublemaker_CRO said:

You have every right to, I guess I'm just a toxic kid who flames his whole team and comes to forum to lie about :Smile_honoring:

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,688 posts
5,569 battles

I personally have never had a chat ban. However I also generally dont use chat/keys apart from designate target/affirmative.

If I do use chat its usually something positive and not directed at anyone, like: "theres no one here at C, lets swing down and support B" even if what Im thinking is "ffs go to B dumbasses we dont need 6 ships to take an empty cap"

However im fairly sure (read: I think read somewhere) that chat bans are a slippery slope, so when you get 1 it makes it easier to get a second. Repeat that enough times and those people can get chat banned very easily.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

People with repeated chat bans are their own worst enemies, they behave obnoxiously, get banned, fail to learn the lesson and repeat, some of them even spam F keys and map pings (which they know can't be blocked) just to annoy the rest of the team as some type of petty "revenge".

If you don't like being chat banned then change your behaviour, it's a problem with YOU not the system or with "thin skinned" people who find your language and behaviour childish.

The system isn't broken it's your behaviour that needs to be fixed, even the dumbest kids eventually learn from repeated visits to the naughty step and the system treats serial offenders harshly which is fine. Grow up and you will stop getting chat banned, making threads like this every week or two just gets the same responses which is it's your problem.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,001 posts

I got reported multiple times for pinging the map once on  campfests on the J-line, followed by a “????”, or “capping wins games, you know”. System indeed needs an overhaul (for instance: plays badly impossible to give for the first 4 players in the resultroster)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this