Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
venderbomb

Loyalty?

168 comments in this topic

[BRIT6]
Players
39 posts
5,440 battles

Dear WG,

A friend of mine just got 7.5 mill credits, 100k free xp and 5 special prizes (god knows what they'll be)?

I get the business model, gets people back playing who hadn't been playing in a while......but where's the loyalty in that?

How about once in a while you remember the people who keep your game alive, the grinders, the people with a dozen + premium ships.....

Bit of loving for the people that count!:(

• Cool 7

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles

You are already on the hook.

New players also benefit you by the way.. Bigger playerbase = healthier game = more stuff for you to enjoy

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,643 posts

My NA account also got the absence gift....very nice of them but I still haven't returned to play it. :Smile_Default: 

Personally I couldn't care less about the bribes to play as it really doesn't affect me. If it works and gets a few ex players back then fairplay to WG. I have earned more ships, flags and credits just by playing regularly.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
843 posts

I got 4 free ARP Kongos, 4 free ARP Myokos, free Takao, free S.Dragon, free DoY and working on a free French DD.

I got Vampire for free, free rusky BB, free tier 6 IJN DD. Lots of free cammos and captains with good skills. Even free ships in SCs.

This is just a few things I got for free just by playing the game. I got lots of other free stuff too just by playing.

Point of this is that WG actually gives u lots of stuff and missions to get stuff for free that all of the others miss out on.

So I got no problem that they try to get dorment players to be active again.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,762 posts
8 minutes ago, siramra said:

I got 4 free ARP Kongos, 4 free ARP Myokos, free Takao, free S.Dragon, free DoY and working on a free French DD.

I got Vampire for free, free rusky BB, free tier 6 IJN DD. Lots of free cammos and captains with good skills. Even free ships in SCs.

"Free". While it did not require you to hand over money, it did require you to hand over quite some time and effort. So not "just log in and harvest", and thus not free.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles

I think that @siramra quite nicely wrapped this thread up. No further discussion needed. :)

Well I could add free t8 german BB, t9 USN BB, t9 IJN BB etc. but point is that you get way more free stuff by playing than what you get with the "welcome back" packages.

[BRIT6]
Players
39 posts
5,440 battles
1 minute ago, YukiEiriKun said:

I think that @siramra quite nicely wrapped this thread up. No further discussion needed. :)

Well I could add free t8 german BB, t9 USN BB, t9 IJN BB etc. but point is that you get way more free stuff by playing than what you get with the "welcome back" packages.

There not free though? You earn them! These gifts are free, log in.....bingo!

I get it why they're doing it....i just think they seem excessive considering:(

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles
5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

"Free". While it did not require you to hand over money, it did require you to hand over quite some time and effort. So not "just log in and harvest", and thus not free.

Are you here to play the game or to demand free stuff? Only "grind" I have done wasduring the Bismarck giveaway and that was due to the fact that I usually play only during Fridays/weekends.

And even then I got the Biz without any true grinding. Just played 2-3 games a day. :P

**edit**

Go for @venderbomb as well..

[BRIT6]
Players
39 posts
5,440 battles

We're kinda going of track here, no one mentioned grinding missions or campaigns, no one mentioned flags or camos....all of which you earn, non of which is free!

I was questioning why people who don't play they game get a substantial free gift to come back, and those that play the game often.........don't

If they're prepared to reward inactivity.........why not a 'free'gift to those keep the game alive.....be a nice touch eh....bit of a thank you:(

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
20,333 posts
12,522 battles
35 minutes ago, venderbomb said:

Dear WG,

A friend of mine just got 7.5 mill credits, 100k free xp and 5 special prizes (god knows what they'll be)?

I get the business model, gets people back playing who hadn't been playing in a while......but where's the loyalty in that?

How about once in a while you remember the people who keep your game alive, the grinders, the people with a dozen + premium ships.....

Bit of loving for the people that count!:(

Once again for you:

• these people get daily containers
  • weekly missions
  • events with flags, camos, permanent camos, premium days and premium ships
  • Bad 2

[BRIT6]
Players
39 posts
5,440 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Once again for you:

• these people get daily containers
  • weekly missions
  • events with flags, camos, permanent camos, premium days and premium ships

Once again for you....none of it is free

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,483 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I did not pay.

You did not pay with money. You still paid.

You paid with the time you invested and offered yourself up as a playing partner (or opponent).

Edit:

This reward for returning players seems to be better then the varying number of premium ships we had last time. This time everyone who returns seems to get the same.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
20,333 posts
12,522 battles

I play anyway...

Do you want people to get stuff for not playing?

That is the stuff venderbomb complained about in the first place.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles
1 minute ago, venderbomb said:

We're kinda going of track here, no one mentioned grinding missions or campaigns, no one mentioned flags or camos....all of which you earn, non of which is free!

I was questioning why people who don't play they game get a substantial free gift to come back, and those that play the game often.........don't

If they're prepared to reward inactivity.........why not a 'free'gift to those keep the game alive.....be a nice touch eh....bit of a thank you:(

So you are not here to play the game and to get free stuff while doing it. You just want free stuff.

Remember that NONE of these gifts we get from playing the game are by any means mandatory. No one forces WG to give these things for us. And if a casual play-4-fun weekend warrior like me can get this stuff it clearly does not require any heavy grinding.

• Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,643 posts
19 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

If you get them while playing as you normally play (which is the case with most gift missions) then it's free. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
22 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

? Hopefully you play for your own sake, not WG. So the time and effort you put into the game should be a reward in itself otherwise I do not understand why you would play at all?

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,483 posts
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I play anyway...

Do you want people to get stuff for not playing?

That is the stuff venderbomb complained about in the first place.

Playing anyway or not is not the point. You paid with the time you invested into the game. The more time you invest, the higher the rewards you'll get back for it.

The grief that some users have with the free stuff is that it just requires a login. They don't see the incentive that it should be to return (why should someone who doesn't want to return bother about the gifts?). They just see stuff that they do not get. They got something else, and depending on the amount they played, it might not add up to the amount of free stuff given to the returning players.

I do not see a few million silver and some free XP as game breaking or unfair. The silver is earned fast and the free XP, while it might take a bit longer, can be grinded just as well. The various premium ships given away last time were a problem, as they were better then anything we could have earned in the time it needed to qualify. I understood the reason why some complained about that and saw it as unfair. This time it seems much better balanced.

An incentive for returning players is absolutly fine.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,483 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is exactly the point.

Do you want people that play get stuff or people that do not play get stuff?

I thought I already answered that. But I'll repeat it in simpler sentences.

• People that do not play can get all the ships in the game, as far as I am concerned. They are not playing.
  • Returning players might need an incentive as a little push to get them back into the game. That's fine. What they get needs to be balanced though and should not exceed or be close to what the average active players can get.
  • Players who play the game activly already get stuff. The amount depends on their activity.

[CATS]
Players
20,333 posts
12,522 battles
12 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

• Returning players might need an incentive as a little push to get them back into the game. That's fine. What they get needs to be balanced though and should not exceed or be close to what the average active players can get.

They do not.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,483 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They do not.

Ok, please elaborate why an incentive to get players to return is wrong, if it actually gets them back into the game.

(If doesn't get them back into the game the incentive is worthless anyway)

Are more players to play with not a good thing?

[KVOR]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,632 battles

Your friend basically got shafted aswell. Around christmas last year, long time absent or PvE only players got several premium ships, premium and stuff, worth around 80 EUR.

Uninstalled the game, now i am curious, what i might get...

And: loyalty? You get rewards for simply logging in every day on other games, but not over here. Your reward for being loyal to WoWs are campaigns, which force you do endure countless PvP missions, or some "haha, no supercontainer in your 374th attempt again, lol!" containers with flags and colours, which you have to earn by playing, of course! Your loyalty reward is being priviledged to play this wonderfully balanced, completly skill based game!

Cheers!:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this