Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Redcap375

Genuine Clan hack or chance?

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles

Chaps :cap_tea:

Genuine question here and a true story.

Q.  Is there a hack or whatever that disconnects/messes with players in a clan battle?

Sleeping Giant Map

Clan battle yesterday against a well know clan but believed to be their second team (*****2).  

Situation

Held the closest cap and blitzed into the A cap (the one surrounded by the low islands).  Two of our ships (1 hindy and 1 Des) were in the middle waiting for 3 Des to come steaming in though the far side.  We knew that any ships that come steaming in would get a wall of torps (our DD was also loitering around the mouth of the cap).  A Mexican stand off ensued  which we were in no rush to entertain as we were winning on points and held 2 caps.  Time was ticking for the other team.....So they made a move, all three of them.

Then it happened.  At the exact moment they moved from behind the island, both our Hindy and Des players piped up on the radio that they had been disconnected!!!! :cap_wander::cap_wander::Smile_amazed:

By the time both players has got back into the game (quite quick) one was dead and the other half.  Lucky enough the remaining Hindy player (good lad) quickly threw some torps in point blank and took out 2 of their ships.  The last one got nailed by our Conq over the island.

Now is this just a freak disconnect? Could have happened at any time but i mean this felt like it was timed to the max. 

Facts

1) Only those 2 players were disconnect :cap_wander:.  Our gearing, Conq and Mosk was left alone.

2) The front Des didn't fire a single shot for ages.  Even though it radar our DD? :Smile_amazed: That was the front Des with the rest behind and obstructed.  What was he doing in that time? (Could be anything but just saying)

Back down to earth

I don't believe in some of the things people say about hack this and hack that.  I would be naive if i said it doesn't happen in any game but i cant remember it ever happening before to me personally.  But this happened in such a bazaar way that its smells really fishy chaps.

We won the game so if it was then Ho Ho.  We made various comments to them about just how fishy it was and even though the team seemed to have English words in there names (the majority) they didn't type one single word back when typing in English.

Chaps.  Has this ever happened to anyone/team before? I don't know much about hacks and such but I would imagine it would be quite hard to pull off? I mean disconnecting 2 individual people from the game at the same time?

I'm still down with the Commodore 64 kids :cap_cool: so i don't know that much about such things.  Only to have fun the correct way and not cheating.

Please can we pipe up if this happens to any of your chaps during Clan battles please. I know I know (tin foil hat time), but i had to bring it up as it was down right weird.

Cheers,

[EST]
[EST]
Players
753 posts
18,325 battles

All my midgame disconnects have been the exact moment i have been spotted in close range (in dd). So i guess something wrong with coding related to spotting at close range or something.

• Cool 3

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

all my ingame disconnects are happening on exact same time every day... stupid router renewing ip adress every 24 hours... even though i regularly switch it to early mornings, it always somehow finds its self back in evening hours...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

At what time did that happen?

Because yesterday we experienced a lot of DCs in clanwars aswell. In one game an enemy Yue Yang DCed which gave us a deciding kill and snowballed into an easy victory and two games later (in our last game at the end of the CB window ~22:15 ish) two guys on our team got DCed at the start of the battle and the other team also said some of theirs had dropped.

I suspect the server hamster were revolting again.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,982 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

4 minutes ago, robihr said:

all my ingame disconnects are happening on exact same time every day... stupid router renewing ip adress every 24 hours... even though i regularly switch it to early mornings, it always somehow finds its self back in evening hours...

Same with me... annoying as hell... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
953 posts
8,508 battles

It isn't just in Clan Games. In Random yesterday with 2 of my Clan mates, who play DD's, both kept getting disconnected at crucial moments in game..i.e when getting ready to torpedo enemy ships or when preparing to sneak into cap zones.

I have noticed for weeks the games lag out or you get frozen for anywhere from 5-15 seconds. I had 2-3 weeks of at least 4-6 DC's a day.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

I dc'd last night just after entering a cap in a shimi.....my division mate smoked me up and buggered off somewhere else while I sorted it. On returning I was still sat in his free smoke and had captured a cap apparently....the only real drawback on my return was that I was marooned in the centre of cap, in smoke, with five or six enemy cruisers/bbs bearing down on my smoke, had me with radar and were licking their lips :Smile_amazed:  It didn't end well and the 5 torps I managed to quickly launch before I got mashed missed aswell. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,434 posts
14,858 battles

We had some disconnects in one battle as well. The battle was decided for the enemy anyway at that point so it didn't matter.

I don't like your title for something that was most likely just server problems. There were more than 30k players online.

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles
5 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

We had some disconnects in one battle as well. The battle was decided for the enemy anyway at that point so it didn't matter.

I don't like your title for something that was most likely just server problems. There were more than 30k players online.

Sorry if your personally don't like the title but it seriously could have been or still is so...Tough i suppose m8.   But see where I'm coming from?  If i thought it was just a server problem, i wouldn't even have posted this or taken time to compile it.  That stuff happens all the while. 

But what is the odds of those 2 exact players going man down at that point in the match?  

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

This happened to me in clanwars as well. Close to the end suddenly 3 out of 4 surviving ships where we had the lead just got DCed. I know some of the other guys on the team that is more tech savy said that there is some strange thing (hack) someone can do where they flood something with information (yeah, im this old and crap) and apparently they can then make some targeted players DC, but i dont know if this is actually true or possible. I can only say that at that time it felt extremely fishy that 3 out of 4 of us DC at the same moment while the surviving ships in the loosing team was uneffected.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
5,167 battles

I've had hic-cups when a newly spotted ship 'appears', doesn't have to be the first time it's been spotted, just when it get's spotted that particular time - just seems to be a short shudder and flicker on screen, but has never led to a disconnection (yet).

I get more frequent instances of the reticle locking up in the middle of the binocular screen (can't aim) and also the left mouse button not functioning at all - just need to restart the game to fix those, but not pleasant for the battle you're in.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles

Does TTT have a second team? :fish_book::Smile_sceptic:

Annyway i think you just got unlucky tho. 

• Funny 2

Players
1,434 posts
14,858 battles
18 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

We had some DCs yesterday as well so..

No hacks

Our DCs were in the second game against your team. As I said, you had already won. Did you have DC in that same game?

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
24 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

We had some DCs yesterday as well so..

No hacks

just cause you had DC yesterday isnt proof of your innocence. :Smile_trollface: maybe enemy also had hackers :Smile_trollface:

btw

cheat_o_728927.jpg

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,453 posts
13,851 battles
37 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

No hacks

So, does that mean you're canceling my subscription to your......

Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to mention that, aren't I? :Smile_trollface:

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

Does TTT have a second team? :fish_book::Smile_sceptic:

Annyway i think you just got unlucky tho. 

if we do, our Hags are good enough at hiding the relation that I'm not aware of such a thing... :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this