You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Centurias

OMG ROON WTF

35 comments in this topic

[-OAW-]
Players
6 posts
6,916 battles

image.thumb.png.a622f10ce06059aff775ab5f44c794a8.png

This..

I get a flakload of hate from my team over this, OMG ROON WHAT DID YOU DO???!!

I dont ever remember hitting the guy.....

But i did promise i would post this so here we go..

Thx team for being so supportive in believing me...

image.thumb.png.d94d785b22833668643a284056464a85.png

That's you guys.

That's all please let these guys see this thread.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles

This is one of the reasons why people should learn to keep their distance from allied ships, either you sailed right behind the GK or he sailed right in front of you, and then you planted a HE shell into some armour that's at least 51mm thick (so probably his turret, as I doubt you fired downwards at him) and that set a fire. Single fire, in the GKs place I wouldn't have repaired it either.

Also - zooming out between your shots to see what's around you tends to save you from things like this

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This is one of the reasons why people should learn to keep their distance from allied ships, either you sailed right behind the GK or he sailed right in front of you, and then you planted a HE shell into some armour that's at least 51mm thick (so probably his turret, as I doubt you fired downwards at him) and that set a fire. Single fire, in the GKs place I wouldn't have repaired it either.

Also - zooming out between your shots to see what's around you tends to save you from things like this

meh if the kurfurst did not repair the fire on purpose then it would be pretty lame.

i mean if it was an intentional teamattack ok but this was clearly not on purpose. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Weel, he might have just used his repair and could not. Sounds more likely to me. But otherwise @wilkatis_LV is right, always best to keep a little distance and not to superglue the goggles on your face.:cap_old:

[STARS]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
201 posts
8,074 battles

Some similar incidents happened in the past when i was playing cruisers.

The most absurd occasion happened when i was lobbing shells over an island while suddenly an allied Kurfurst sailed in front of me (he could have easily went around me instead).

Only 1 shell hit him. Set him on fire. Did 17k fire damage. Kurfurst sank. Teamkiller status for 10+ games...

Sometimes these accidents are the fault of the one who's firing, but that's not always the case. Sometimes you're just unlucky and you get a penalty for it.

Not to mention that friendly fire damage doesn't add anything to the gameplay to begin with. Secondary team damage was removed a while ago, why can't they remove this too?

[-OAW-]
Players
6 posts
6,916 battles

I honestly dont even remember hitting the guy, might have clipped his top works somewhere..

But i usualy make sure i dont hit teammates, because i dont like hate like this.

All of the sudden i see the chat flare up with warnings and flaming and im just like what the hell???!!

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
32 minutes ago, lameoll said:

meh if the kurfurst did not repair the fire on purpose then it would be pretty lame

30 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Weel, he might have just used his repair and could not

Single fire on a BB - don't care if it's allied or not BB should not waste a repair on that. You can heal all of it, your R cooldown is better saved for when you actually need it.

3 minutes ago, Centurias said:

top works somewhere

That would have been your HE doing dmg aswell, but as we can see in the report your HE did 0, all dmg was dealt by the fire that shell set. So you hit his turret, hull or deck where it's at least 51mm thick - somewhere rather low, so your ships were almost scraping against each other.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,675 battles

Fires are a funny way to pink people.

I don't put out teammate started fires on principle as I might need the DCP for other things.

14 games is quite a bit to suffer lol

[-OAW-]
Players
6 posts
6,916 battles
20 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Single fire on a BB - don't care if it's allied or not BB should not waste a repair on that. You can heal all of it, your R cooldown is better saved for when you actually need it.

That would have been your HE doing dmg aswell, but as we can see in the report your HE did 0, all dmg was dealt by the fire that shell set. So you hit his turret, hull or deck where it's at least 51mm thick - somewhere rather low, so your ships were almost scraping against each other.

Like i said, i dont remember hitting him, if i did i would have apologized to the guy and that would have been that.

Once i was torp scoping an enemy to check for speed and sneezed and hit the fire button and torped a guy, now that was dumb as all hell from me, but i kept saying sorry the whole game, i dont do this sort of stuff on purpose.

[SCRUB]
Players
617 posts
11,597 battles

Well.. there is little to do but suck it up, keep calm and continue playing :) 

I still vividly remember bearing the lovely pink color for 7 games after a single shell hit a friendly Shima (and not the enemy Fletcher right behind him) for a grand total of 19 HP :cap_book:

Players
494 posts
9,365 battles
38 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Fires are a funny way to pink people.

I don't put out teammate started fires on principle as I might need the DCP for other things.

14 games is quite a bit to suffer lol

Indeed Fire and Flooding Damage is mostly repairable 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

that is true tho if he did it for that reason is perfectly fine. 

[PONYS]
Players
3,031 posts
12,683 battles

Well, i once enjoyed beeing pink in a Bayern by shooting through an enemy Omaha.

They over penetrated and hit the allied omaha behind. ^^

So just watch your shells ;-)

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
2,160 battles

This is why I generally don't assume the worst when I see the colour pink on a fellow player.

Really, these days the pink flag is nowhere near as shameful as it was in the beginning. Unless someone proves himself to be an intentional team killer, it's more of a reminder to be more careful in the future. Working as intended, in other words.

[-OAW-]
Players
6 posts
6,916 battles

But i do agree with not repairing, i probably wouldnt have either, the GK might have simply not known it was mine as well.

Still 14 games is a teeny bit overkill imo

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
3 hours ago, Centurias said:

Like i said, i dont remember hitting him, if i did i would have apologized to the guy and that would have been that.

Do you have replays enabled?

Other than that I can put it this way - as I understand you noticed the team dmg message popping up in chat? What were you doing right before it - were you stationary, or were you moving?

Spoiler

Stationary - it's your both fault. You didn't zoom out to see that area in front of you is clear, while GK sailed up too close to you right in front of your guns. Still more yours than his as you took the shot

Moving - it's purely your fault. You sailed up to him, you didn't zoom out to check your surroundings, you planted that shell into him.

I mean, these things happen, and setting fire with 1 shell is quite unlucky (or lucky? depends how you look at it) - Roon would need 12 to 18 shells on average to set a fire on a GK.

Just suck it up and play through them. The most annoying part will be allies "accidentally" bumping into you thus marking you as "did some team damage this game" which would then add 1 more game for your penalty. And you can always just go for the quick Co-op games to get rid of the penalty if you can't stand being pink so much.

One serious advice tho - don't play tier 5 to tier 7 CVs while you are pink, if you get a double CV game and your "partner" knows how to strafe... Not all people can differentiate between red planes and pink planes :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
2,160 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

One serious advice tho - don't play tier 5 to tier 7 CVs while you are pink, if you get a double CV game and your "partner" knows how to strafe... Not all people can differentiate between red planes and pink planes :Smile_trollface:

Oh, dear... what a thoroughly crappy situation. :Smile_ohmy:

For all involved parties.

[-OAW-]
Players
6 posts
6,916 battles
34 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Do you have replays enabled?

Other than that I can put it this way - as I understand you noticed the team dmg message popping up in chat? What were you doing right before it - were you stationary, or were you moving?

Hide contents

Stationary - it's your both fault. You didn't zoom out to see that area in front of you is clear, while GK sailed up too close to you right in front of your guns. Still more yours than his as you took the shot

Moving - it's purely your fault. You sailed up to him, you didn't zoom out to check your surroundings, you planted that shell into him.

I mean, these things happen, and setting fire with 1 shell is quite unlucky (or lucky? depends how you look at it) - Roon would need 12 to 18 shells on average to set a fire on a GK.

Just suck it up and play through them. The most annoying part will be allies "accidentally" bumping into you thus marking you as "did some team damage this game" which would then add 1 more game for your penalty. And you can always just go for the quick Co-op games to get rid of the penalty if you can't stand being pink so much.

Luckily im pretty bad at playing CV, so that shouldnt be much of an issue.

Im gonna watch the replay now, to doublecheck what happened, didnt post here to complain, the guys on my team insisted i torped him, this is why i posted.

Two guys whispered me afterwards, dont remember which ones, but they asked.

Update: Checked the replay, i clipped the GK's mast, so no i didnt hit the deck just the 1 shot on his mast and plop FIREEEEEE, if i would have blinked i would have missed it.

But yeah, unlucky shot all the other ones missed him, was trying to shoot over him, kinda clumsy from my end but meh, case closed.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,316 battles
14 hours ago, piet11111 said:

Ouch but at least this no longer happens with secondaries.

Oh it does. I already set friendlies on fire with stray secondary shells who then decided to let it burn and call me noob just to punish me ...

[NED]
Players
1,644 posts
6,131 battles
9 hours ago, Corvi said:

Oh it does. I already set friendlies on fire with stray secondary shells who then decided to let it burn and call me noob just to punish me ...

To my knowledge secondaries no longer damage your team members.

Worst team kill i ever made was when i was playing a cruiser and got into a duel with an enemy hipper so i angle towards him and launch some torpedoes at him instead i get a team kill from a destroyer that was moving in from behind to get between our 2 dueling cruisers so that DD ate all my torps but the hipper managed to hit me with his instead.

I was about 4km away from that hipper so i fully blame that destroyer for putting himself into a position where i clearly was going to use torps and pre-occupied enough not to notice someone rushing in from behind to get between us.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
18 hours ago, Corvi said:

They patched that out a long long time ago. Secondaries now either don't hit / damage allies, or simply don't shoot when an ally is blocking their shells path to the target - don't remember which of those 2 it was. Either way, secondaries can't TK anymore

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,316 battles
18 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

They patched that out a long long time ago. Secondaries now either don't hit / damage allies, or simply don't shoot when an ally is blocking their shells path to the target - don't remember which of those 2 it was. Either way, secondaries can't TK anymore

They don’t do dmg, they still set fires thou ..