You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grandorf

Explain this before I lose my s**t

58 comments in this topic

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts

Hi

I had nearly completed all the French missions. I only needed 

8 (6 with Fiji) more battle wins and voila 7 last containers.

Took out my favorite ship, Fiji. Guess WG had other plans:

shot-18_02.21_00_31_31-0834.thumb.jpg.2ea99a88aa4c63f4155032dd01f1c72b.jpg

So, you say. You have to play better then. Well be my judge:

shot-18_02.20_23_22.56-0546.jpg.663ef04279bce0988f33ca6639868d1d.jpgshot-18_02.20_23_23.07-0189.jpg.f50e7119ca80ced7817021ed5c46b2d1.jpgshot-18_02.20_23_23.16-0119.jpg.bda228abf048335eef6c1300cba51728.jpgshot-18_02.20_23_23.28-0567.thumb.jpg.618906c5629cf4465dc79573c3115f79.jpgshot-18_02.20_23_23.38-0068.thumb.jpg.1cac22a0787f4ae11e2fcb9699443d6e.jpgshot-18_02.21_00_31.54-0921.thumb.jpg.218f7ed3da941303ef8d94bfacf817e7.jpgshot-18_02.21_00_32.09-0353.thumb.jpg.9a962c05f1755fe313954a0e3fb60dec.jpgshot-18_02.21_00_32.20-0440.thumb.jpg.89575ea79ea42e9ae094ff0da38d9e6a.jpgshot-18_02.21_00_32_32-0109.thumb.jpg.392dd8e2529e6f2d3766e2f44ac5aac5.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOTEL]
Players
6 posts
3,503 battles

I'm getting the same results in my Yorck at the moment, tried stress relief in my Gearing and Conq and still cannot win,  I wouldn't mind losing if I didn't pull my weight and its close. But its a total wipeout most the time. The trend is usually whoever has the better DDs wins seems to be my experience.

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
6 minutes ago, Valthasar said:

I'm getting the same results in my Yorck at the moment, tried stress relief in my Gearing and Conq and still cannot win,  I wouldn't mind losing if I didn't pull my weight and its close. But its a total wipeout most the time. The trend is usually whoever has the better DDs wins seems to be my experience.

Funny

I started a topic a while ago about the importance of DDs but nobody took me seriously.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,420 posts
9,957 battles

Why? Because playerbase is brainless and you  need some ships to carry hard.
Cheers

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

easy.. carry harder..

btw playing my algerie and having ~85% WR last 2 days, so i dont see a problem :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles

First rule of Fi... eh WoWs, if you lose too much, take break.

That is especially true if your gaming session is going on for some time.

You need time to calm down.

Bad emotions --> bad results

• Cool 6

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
40 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Hi

I had nearly completed all the French missions. I only needed 

8 (6 with Fiji) more battle wins and voila 7 last containers.

Took out my favorite ship, Fiji. Guess WG had other plans:

Inb4 people telling you that you only did so well because your team lacked decent players to carry you. :Smile_trollface:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

When I really need the wins and I am pressed for time, the Giulio Cesare comes out.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
1 minute ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I have 100% winrate today, no idea why you can't get that too.

Clear case of git gud :cap_haloween:

Btw when my back hurt  from the weight of potatos I just give a call to a couple of mates and we go full dirty clubbing (Saipan+Flint is always good, check the WR :Smile-_tongue:)

• Cool 2

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

sometimes, the odds are against you.

When this happens, take a break, and come back to the game later.

I usually do this before I stack so many defeats like you :)

• Cool 2

Players
494 posts
5,623 battles

same thing, need 6 wins for French final mission - start with the win and then it started, I almost had nervous breakdown - 24 games 25% win rate with av.dam 63.300 at first I was on the top of losing team, tan i didn't care anymore, than I want to uninstall, than next game was very good teamwork so I tried again than another lost and lost and lost until I  send Kirov to a sure early dead and that was a win, and than I got best battle in Gajah Mada which we win in last seconds ..

The next time I experience like this I will automatically uninstall the game ..

Don't know what went wrong with MM ina last 3-4 month but it getting worse every day..  a year before this game was ok - we had weekend bad MM and normal on the rest of the week now every day is worse than weekends from year ago ...

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles

That is not the MM. That is you getting worked up over defeats and playing worse than normal.

There was NEVER a "weekend bad MM". You can lose on any day of the week. That did NOT change over two years.

Apart from the rare draws, the average WR of all players is around 50% EVERY day of the week. If you lose more, somebody else wins more!

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

I'm sorry you had than run of defeats but in all honestly you cannot carry a game or very rarely I too suffer from this where you rely on a very good player to bail you out or RNG to give you a decent team but shite happens my worst ever was 16 defeats about 8 months back so loss streaks do happen. 

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
2 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

Saipan+Flint is always good, check the WR

No sh1t Sherlock.

Why not just go triple belfast? You know, for balance...

[NEKO]
Players
50 posts
5,381 battles

No - it is not about working up.

Sometimes it is just so. Today had 30 games with 35% winrate.

Running also Aslain matchmaking monitor at times ... today was evil in earnest. It IS so that enemy team WAS mostly bluish purple and our sorry bunch of bathtubes were reddish yellow. I could almost predict the result by that info only. What was actually strange - even when you could see the color variation somewhat equal or at times in our favor - we lost. Mostly landslides too. Tier X. In under 10 minutes half the team is dead. Even with teams that seemingly had very good players ... There is no shoulder wide enough in the world to carry those games out from that. So you try, but with those odds there are just more ships shooting you and you dead quick. OK - I would buy a bit of averages if our victories were landslides also - but they were really feral fights with tooth and nail - like defying the odds. 

With 30 battles just got enough - took out some clubs for sealing and enjoyed some nice and smooth low tier mashup where you dont die in one salvo, shells will not arrive from other maps, skies are not filled with planes, air with radar and water with sonar. Nothing beats some close quarters knuckle bruising and knife flashing.

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Apart from the rare draws, the average WR of all players is around 50% EVERY day of the week. If you lose more, somebody else wins more!

So - two men enter a room, play poker. One loses everything. But in average - in that room there is still two men and ALL their money. So, in average one lost more other won more - OK?

I think that by averages it is expected that game environment behaves in certain period of time similarly, no matter where you are. So if most of the wins are landslides, most of the losses too. Same applies even to lesser details - like the average behavior of players is more or less equalled out. Technically, since rather substantial RNG factor is also present in game behavioral mechanism, the one or two odd worse or better players should even themselves out. But somehow it does not work quite so. Still you can observe that other or our team is much more skilled/experienced and dominates the field. Losing one or two ships is not so fatal as it is many cases RNG dependent, but if you take into account the skill difference of shooting accuracy from 30 games per ship vs >200, it is obvious that enemy team with many more skilled players has very big advantages out of the box.

So - technically speaking - it wouldnt be bad to actually do skill based MM, but not so that higher skill level players have to wait match time among themselves, but so that opposing teams skill level weights are somewhat equal. So maybe on very unicum player finds itself among total newbs as teammates. And against a more level enemy team. Of course, this will open up a whole new world of new frustrations definitely :)

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Grandorf sagte:

Highest result 1047 XP.

You may have been better than the rest of the team but still not good enough to carry your team and deserve a win.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
2 hours ago, chahuru said:

No - it is not about working up.

Sometimes it is just so. Today had 30 games with 35% winrate.

Running also Aslain matchmaking monitor at times ... today was evil in earnest. It IS so that enemy team WAS mostly bluish purple and our sorry bunch of bathtubes were reddish yellow. I could almost predict the result by that info only. What was actually strange - even when you could see the color variation somewhat equal or at times in our favor - we lost. Mostly landslides too. Tier X. In under 10 minutes half the team is dead. Even with teams that seemingly had very good players ... There is no shoulder wide enough in the world to carry those games out from that. So you try, but with those odds there are just more ships shooting you and you dead quick. OK - I would buy a bit of averages if our victories were landslides also - but they were really feral fights with tooth and nail - like defying the odds. 

With 30 battles just got enough - took out some clubs for sealing and enjoyed some nice and smooth low tier mashup where you dont die in one salvo, shells will not arrive from other maps, skies are not filled with planes, air with radar and water with sonar. Nothing beats some close quarters knuckle bruising and knife flashing.

So - two men enter a room, play poker. One loses everything. But in average - in that room there is still two men and ALL their money. So, in average one lost more other won more - OK?

I think that by averages it is expected that game environment behaves in certain period of time similarly, no matter where you are. So if most of the wins are landslides, most of the losses too. Same applies even to lesser details - like the average behavior of players is more or less equalled out. Technically, since rather substantial RNG factor is also present in game behavioral mechanism, the one or two odd worse or better players should even themselves out. But somehow it does not work quite so. Still you can observe that other or our team is much more skilled/experienced and dominates the field. Losing one or two ships is not so fatal as it is many cases RNG dependent, but if you take into account the skill difference of shooting accuracy from 30 games per ship vs >200, it is obvious that enemy team with many more skilled players has very big advantages out of the box.

So - technically speaking - it wouldnt be bad to actually do skill based MM, but not so that higher skill level players have to wait match time among themselves, but so that opposing teams skill level weights are somewhat equal. So maybe on very unicum player finds itself among total newbs as teammates. And against a more level enemy team. Of course, this will open up a whole new world of new frustrations definitely :)

30 games per day is too much. Exhaustion starts after 6 games. You cannot tell me that you play 30 games and be at the top of your game the whole time.

[V-I-P]
Players
482 posts
7,639 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Highest result 1047 XP.

You may have been better than the rest of the team but still not good enough to carry your team and deserve a win.

U can play great but if your team get destroyed fast you will never be able to do lot of XP even if u played perfectly from beginning till end, also IMO in a loosing game 1047 is not bad in a TVII ship

But u play in OM so u don't know the pain.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
6 hours ago, aboomination said:

Saipan = Blogis? :Smile_trollface:

I have no idea what you are talking about :Smile_child:

@xXx_Blogis_xXx did we ever clubbed seals?

5 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

No sh1t Sherlock.

Uhm because I don't have a Belfast? :cap_haloween:

Also I find boring playing a triple belfast division, not as many tools.

• Funny 1

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,175 battles
6 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

No sh1t Sherlock.

That's reserved for OMNI and Flambass only

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Oh nice, 200 percent bonus XP this weekend, let me just get my daily win for the goddamn Baltimore...

7 losses in a row. Great usage of Type 59s!

brb jumping off a bridge