You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ebusus

To the Tripitz Skippers out there

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
144 posts
2,724 battles

Ahoi!

Help me out here oh wise ones.

I am a very happy Bismarck owner. I have adapted to its playstyle and I am quite confident in its pluses and minuses. I personally like its AA power and the long range secondaries that open up for me at 11.3kms.

Ages ago I already paid for the experience required to move up to the F. der Grosse. Thing is, I am very weary to loose my comfort zone here with my trained Skipper. If I move up to Tier IX I would have to retrain my Bismarck Captain and there is no way back.

Unless...I get me the Tripitz and while moving up to Tier IX I could still take my old Captain to get me the "Bismarck bug" out before returning to the F.der Grosse.

What do you say? Is it worth it? I hear the Tripitz is nowhere near the Bismarck's output save for the usefull Torpedos. Is the Tripitz good, all buffed up, as secondary range materiel?

Many thanks in advance

Players
672 posts
7,913 battles
17 minutes ago, Ebusus said:

What do you say? Is it worth it? I hear the Tripitz is nowhere near the Bismarck's output save for the usefull Torpedos. Is the Tripitz good, all buffed up, as secondary range materiel?

Tirpitz, when no CVs around, is more or less same as Bismarck.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
22 minutes ago, Ebusus said:

Ahoi!

I am a very happy Bismarck owner. I have adapted to its playstyle and I am quite confident in its pluses and minuses. I personally like its AA power and the long range secondaries that open up for me at 11.3kms.

Ages ago I already paid for the experience required to move up to the F. der Grosse. Thing is, I am very weary to loose my comfort zone here with my trained Skipper. If I move up to Tier IX I would have to retrain my Bismarck Captain and there is no way back.

Unless...I get me the Tripitz and while moving up to Tier IX I could still take my old Captain to get me the "Bismarck bug" out before returning to the F.der Grosse.

Many thanks in advance

Only differences between Tirpitz and Bismarck is the former has torps and the latter has better AA and hydro.

So in any game that doesn't involve a CV, the Tirpitz will behave just like a Bismarck that changes hydro for torps. If a CV is involved, the Tirpitz' (do you put a "s" after the apostrophe here?) lack of midrange AA hurts a bit, but is ultimately not much of a gamechanger if you know how to manouver to migitate airstrikes.

• Cool 1

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

(do you put a "s" after the apostrophe here?)

Both are allowed, but if I'm not mistaken, these days one would prefer to add the " 's " because it conforms to the pronunciation [tirpitzes]

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,878 battles
11 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Both are allowed, but if I'm not mistaken, these days one would prefer to add the " 's " because it conforms to the pronunciation [tirpitzes]

If a CV is involved then the Tirpitz, lacking midrange AA, is particularly vulnerable.

Problem solved :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
14 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

But what happens if it's the plural possessive?

Tirpitzeses' ?

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

But what happens if it's the plural possessive?

Tirpitzeses' ?

No

Plural = Tirpitzes, so possessive is Tirpitzes'

9 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

If a CV is involved then the Tirpitz, lacking midrange AA, is particularly vulnerable.

or just, "the AA of the Tirpitz"? ;)

[L4GG]
Players
1,544 posts
6,251 battles
3 hours ago, Ebusus said:

Ahoi!

Many thanks in advance

Or you can get Gneisenau, the same captain  as for the Tirpitz.

But the captain in the Tirpitz have it's differences to the captain of the Bismark.

Maybe let the Bismark captain in the Bismark and train another captain?

Secondaries in the Tirpitz were buffed quite recently, almost the same or the same as the Bismark, at least was what I've eared.

But the AA it's worst.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

The torps on the Tirpitz make a huge difference ive had BBs turn tail and run if you get within 11km of them this gives a great broadside shot, bow on the Tirpitz is a real force to be reckoned with and can clear a whole flank of ships when it leads the charge , Sadly many teammates tend to ignore your heroics and don't recognize an opportunity when they see one....:Smile_sad: 

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

I have both of the sister ships and I prefer Tirp for random and Bis for competitive (Ranked).

Tirp:

Torps (Torping a DD and writing "WHO IS THE DD EH YOU LITTLE BIATCH" is fun)

Is premium so extra credits and xp.

Torps for shameless rushes on enemy BB showind dominance

You are supposed to be a Derpitz.

But you are a Torpitz because you have TORPS and you can try the famous Torpitz manouver (Going between 2 enemy ships and torp both of them)

Bis:

Hydro is good for  pushing smokes (Writing "DADDY IS HERE")

A bit better AA

Hydro to avoid torps from underage ships

A bit faster

Hydro to hold corners, typical example: Map North on cap C from the south or B from the north, you park, pop hydro and nobody pushes.

So I would say Tirpitz is totally worthy.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,429 posts
14,798 battles

I like to play my Tirpitz with full AA build (AA range mod, BFT, AFT, manual AA). The long range AA is quite good as long as you click on the squads and CVs usually don't expect to lose planes to you.

Beta Tester
369 posts
1,516 battles
9 hours ago, mariouus said:

Tirpitz, when no CVs around, is more or less same as Bismarck.

With the added fun factor of being able to torp DDs or beelining the nearest BB and send some torps his way.

Proper fun ship to play but i probably would't buy it if i had the Bismarck.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,370 battles

I bought the Tirpitz a while ago in order to use my full sec Bismarck captain that I was also using on my Sharny.

Turns out that I prefer Bismarck way more.

The hydro and better AA is just way more useful than torps.

The torps are pretty situational ... and you rarely can put them in good use (most likely on yolo mode).

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,234 battles

To OP yes Tirpitz feels a lot like Bismarck.  Seems most of the advice here from others matches mine.  I'll be a reluctant seller of my Bismarck soon the same as you will be but there it is.

to the others:  Whether or not it is correct I like "Tirpitzen" as plural.

[DAVY]
Players
1,138 posts
5,138 battles

I love my bismark! going through to the Fat Fredrich!

I dont want to sell my bismark! how can anyone sell a bismark! it is like taking a puppy in, then kicking it out in the middle of the night in winter!

I got you OP... I tried derpitz before.. and no.. not the same feeling and same fun as you get in bismark! at least for me!

[-OAW-]
[-OAW-]
Players
69 posts
6,832 battles

Although Tirpitz and Bismarck are very much alike they dont play the same with the exeption of the secondaries.

This partially depends on your personal build.

The lack of hydro means a different build is needed for Tirpitz to get similar torp avoidance.

Although the torps arent always used every game. When timed right you can go full dr Evil on the helpless bb ur about to 1 shot.

Tirpitz is very fun and very strong when played right. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,370 battles
11 minutes ago, Michey802 said:

Tirpitz is very fun and very strong when played right. 

I treat him like a oversized dd ;)

Beta Tester
144 posts
2,724 battles

Many are correct here, selling the Bismarck as being a painful step but what are you to do if moving up to the F.der Grosse? You cannot prentend to use such a Tier IX ship with a n00b Skipper. Therefore you need to retrain your Bismarck Captain. Only chance to keep enjoying the Bismarck/Tripitz Tier is to actually have the premium Tripitz where the captain might transfer without the pesky retraining.

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,997 battles

I still have Tirpitz and Bismarck in my port despite having completed the Grosser Kurfurst, note, I stopped retraining captains some time ago and just add more of them - most between level 11 and 15 but some far lower as the number of ships and captains keeps increasing - currently excluding the 3 Clan Wars rentals - 193 ships and probably more than 200 captains as there are some in the reserve that can not be assigned to ships