Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

This is why radar ships MUST be balanced by MM

72 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles

shot-18.02.20_18.34.41-0972.jpg

Domination game, enemy gets 4 radar ships, we get zero.

You can guess how that went, no way for our team to hold the caps against radar assisted pushes from the enemy.

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Kandly, @Sub_Octavian, when will MM finally balance radar ships between teams?

• Cool 22
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

Seriously, dude, stop being so demanding. The devs have been kind enough to give us the new super-fantastic division window in port, you can't really expect them to have the time to spare on balancing the MM as well.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 18

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

Where is the problem?!

And where is the result screenshot? How did this game ended? If you want to whine again complain about the destribution of radar ships, you have to show the influence of the radar ships on the outcome of the match. You have to proof, that the radar ships won the game. If you cannot bring the data, why should there be something changed? Because some special snowflakes whine hard in the forum? I guess WG doesn't care...

edit:

And please... First calm down before answering. Second I guess you lost. Ok. But you still have to show that you lost because of the radar ships. And not because your team lacks teamplay, or the enemy have the better players. Or something else. Show that the radar ships won this. Do you know when they used their radar? Of all four ships? Do you know what happen during every single radar cycle? Did the other ships in the enemy team shot at the possible radared ships or not? So many important questions and you failed to answer even a single one.

But I guess you put more effort into crying and whining, instead of trying to solve the problem... because the problem is discussable!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 8

Beta Tester
172 posts
2,469 battles

Radar should be straight up deleted, Hydro is enough, not a 10 )*%YQ#%& kilometer wallhack that has 0 counter play.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
12 minutes ago, principat121 said:

...If you want to whine again complain...

...Because some special snowflakes whine hard...

...But I guess you put more effort into crying and whining,...

...First calm down before answering...

Seriously?  Shouldn't you have taken your own advise before responding?

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles
8 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Where is the problem?!

And where is the result screenshot? How did this game ended? If you want to whine again complain about the destribution of radar ships, you have to show the influence of the radar ships on the outcome of the match. You have to proof, that the radar ships won the game. If you cannot bring the data, why should there be something changed? Because some special snowflakes whine hard in the forum? I guess WG doesn't care...

Do you really don't see the obvious gameplay advantage that one team with plenty radar ships has against one that has none in a Domination game?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,298 posts
7,617 battles

Typical whine of some DD player which enjoys hiding in smoke screen and shoot without being able to be shoot back.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

1. No. How should I? Just because there are radar ships, does not mean that the player is useful.

2. Read my post again.

3. Try to answer the important question. You still fail to proof the influence of the radar ships on the outcome.

• Bad 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,763 posts
2 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Typical whine of some DD player which enjoys hiding in smoke screen and shoot without being able to be shoot back.

Yes. AO is a typical DD player that only plays DDs like an idiot. Dude

Check stats before you mong around

• Cool 4

Players
1,298 posts
7,617 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

Yes. AO is a typical DD player that only plays DDs like an idiot. Dude

Check stats before you mong around

No. I just check the information presented at the moment of the whine. Don't care for stats at all.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 7

[O-P-C]
Players
408 posts
8,891 battles

So , the special snowflake is not in some uber-division with radar /hydro cruisers , for the first time hes all alone and shows his below average skills & gets pummeled to pieces  - ah the poetic justice. 

so many dds face this situations and win and especially dont whine ,so ---suck it up. (and get good)...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
172 posts
2,469 battles

What is radar? Its a 25-40s window of 10km xray vision through absolutely anything, rocks, smoke, steel, lead. You see everything, in vivid detail. You do that in any other 'esports' game and its called cheating.

There is nothing you can do to stop it other than get out of range, which is fine and dandy but that really isnt an option when your ship is supposed to be contesting a zone. Which you get yelled at for running, or yelled at for staying and dying.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles
21 minutes ago, repsrb said:

So , the special snowflake is not in some uber-division with radar /hydro cruisers , for the first time hes all alone and shows his below average skills & gets pummeled to pieces  - ah the poetic justice. 

so many dds face this situations and win and especially dont whine ,so ---suck it up. (and get good)...

Lolwat?

32 minutes ago, principat121 said:

1. No. How should I? Just because there are radar ships, does not mean that the player is useful.

2. Read my post again.

3. Try to answer the important question. You still fail to proof the influence of the radar ships on the outcome.

What part of "can't defend caps against radar-assisted pushes" is failing to state the influence of the radar ships?

What proof would you require of me to prove they were essential to winning the game? I hope you don't seriously ask me to tell you at precisely which point the use of radar decided the game because that is simply ludicrous.

28 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

No. I just check the information presented at the moment of the whine. Don't care for stats at all.

The information presented at the moment is one team had four radar ships whereas the other had zero, in a game mode where control over static points of the map is deciding.

Unless you fail to recognize the advantages of radar in such a circumstance I don't understand what more information you'd need.

Or alternatively, can you (or anyone else that seems so furiously opposed to the idea of balancing radar ships between teams) make a coherent argument about why such a change were detrimental to the game?

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[N0RSE]
Players
1,763 posts
13 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

So you whine about whine? Is that not a bit hypocritical of you? 

• Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,378 posts
8,927 battles

I think I've been in a T8 DD with 3 Radar ships on the enemy team and none on ours.

If played correctly the radar ships can ruin a DDs day (just like a CV can mess with you by having a plane overhead your DD - but at least can head towards a CA) - it's hard to contest caps and if the radar ship is hiding behind and island it's hard for allies to fire at them.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
17 minutes ago, repsrb said:

Sounds like you have hurt someone's ship in the past, @Aotearas:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 5

Players
1,298 posts
7,617 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 9:08 PM, Aotearas said:

The information presented at the moment is one team had four radar ships whereas the other had zero, in a game mode where control over static points of the map is deciding.

Unless you fail to recognize the advantages of radar in such a circumstance I don't understand what more information you'd need.

Or alternatively, can you (or anyone else that seems so furiously opposed to the idea of balancing radar ships between teams) make a coherent argument about why such a change were detrimental to the game?

Yeah, basically you re saying "I can't sit confortably on my smoke screen and shoot without being spotted and shoot back because the enemy has ships that can spot me on my nice smoke screen".
Then look for something else if that happens, learn to dodge shells or something like that. But dude, don't frigging come here to whine about not being able to do that.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, MortenTardo said:

So you whine about whine? Is that not a bit hypocritical of you? 

No, I never came to the forum to whine about the MM.
Yeah, sure, everyone who uses the AA consumable should be reported... But I never came to the forum saying "AA consumable must be removed because...."

• Bad 4

[N0RSE]
Players
1,763 posts
1 minute ago, Sargento_YO said:

No, I never came to the forum to whine about the MM.
Yeah, sure, everyone who uses the AA consumable should be reported... But I never came to the forum saying "AA consumable must be removed because...."

But coming to the forum complaining about ppl whining about proper MM issues is fine? 

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles

Yeah, basically you re saying "I can't sit confortably on my smoke screen and shoot without being spotted and shoot back because the enemy has ships that can spot me on my nice smoke screen".
Then look for something else if that happens, learn to dodge shells or something like that. But dude, don't frigging come here to whine about not being able to do that.

I believe your (mis-) understanding on how DDs play is severely limiting your ability to comprehend the presented situation.

You what now?

I'm not sure you actually understand my point here. I'm not trying to take away your radar consumable. I'm asking that MM balances the distribution among the teams so that match-up like the one I showed no longer give one team an overwhelming gameplay advantage. If there's 4 radar ships waiting in queue, the MM should attempt to put 2 into each team (preferably also accounting for the radar specs (US vs RU radar)), not put all 4 radar ships on one side.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,204 battles

So... you guys are arguing 4 radar ships vs 0 is ok? And you seriously want to say the team with 0 radar ships can contest caps and fight those with 4 radar ships?

Ok... sure....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles
16 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

How did you get the response you did, by asking about this change to the MM?:Smile_amazed:

I have no idea why people got so furiously defensive (and insulting) over something that would only help provide a more balanced set-up for both sides.

Just looking at the reactions here I'd guess I was trying to steal a toddler's lollipop or something.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[THESO]
Players
927 posts
8,527 battles
37 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

No sane player would sit in his smokescreen in a Yugumo and shoot his guns just like that, do you understand that? :) As for learning to dodge shells...one badly aimed BB salvo that needs to hit you with one stupid AP shell and there goes 3k+ HP because RNG decided that one shell that leaves the spread pens you... :) Meanwhile a Udaloi will happily camp in its smoke outside radar range and just spam HE.

What radar does is that it prevents DDs from contesting caps without being in grave danger of getting deleted or heavily damage. Im fine with that despite being a DD player. The problem is when one team has several of them it can safely contest the caps and win...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,348 posts
7,685 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I have no idea why people got so furiously defensive (and insulting) over something that would only help provide a more balanced set-up for both sides.

Just looking at the reactions here I'd guess I was trying to steal a toddler's lollipop or something.

because these ppl dont have a basic understanding on how to play at all.

Sign in to follow this