You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Oddball

Riding the map border BS

17 comments in this topic

[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles

So let BBs ride it for days, but DDs should die quickly if they hit it somehow?

Moar pro BB posts!!!!11!1! :P

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

Exploit it?

Personally I enjoy when my targets are confined to moving predictably in a single dimension at half power.

Please do this more.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

It's nowhere near as big of an issue as it once was, it's not perfect but it's really not something worth putting effort into. As long as it's possible for someone whose DCP is on cooldown to lose their steering gear and unintentionally ride the border, ticking damage while in contact is a terrible idea. What we have now is good enough.

• Cool 2

[-101-]
Alpha Tester
107 posts
2,298 battles

I haven't seen anyone do that for a very long time, let alone enough to be annoyed by it. Back in the day every player and their mum did it.

Not really a problem worth investing in these days.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles

Currently it's not possible to exploit it. It messes you up in various ways and yes, the behavior of the affected ship can throw somebody's aim too, but mostly it makes you a sitting duck. And it's very rare to really see someone on the line - rarer still to see someone on the line and NOT trying to get off it asap - usually indicating that someone is in a REALLY precarious position, as in: the very reason for hitting the border is usually because turning to avoid it means showing broadside and being deleted right away.

OP's whine that he can't hit an enemy stranded on the blue line is just pathetic.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

id rather have them hit the map border sooner. cant we put up a Wall the moment a BB turns around ? 

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

OP has a point to some degree, just the other day I faced a Conq riding in and out of it. Really great if you can't hit half of a ship that for its "cruiser armor" really doesn't take a lot of full pens. Also great for a cv player, who cannot approach the target from one side due to map limitation. 

It should have very low priority, but why and how half of a ship can just sail to another map and be immune to damage is beyond me. Make ships hit the border, not cross it. You need to pay attention to islands as well, so grounding there is fair game imo. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles

Wg implemented mine fields in Dunkirk event ... time to put them into good use imo ...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

I got pushed onto a border today in my Nelson , Had 2x DDs and 2x CAs chasing me while our team got a points victory , not proud to be border surfing but hell ill take a win...:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
2 hours ago, genai said:

So let BBs ride it for days, but DDs should die quickly if they hit it somehow?

Moar pro BB posts!!!!11!1! :P

BB stands fro Bad Boys, right? 

I imagine every German BB player playing this whilst sniping with their secondary build, thinking they are cool AF.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,831 battles
3 hours ago, MacFergus said:

I got pushed onto a border today in my Nelson , Had 2x DDs and 2x CAs chasing me while our team got a points victory , not proud to be border surfing but hell ill take a win...:Smile_great:

I have to admit, that I do it quite often in my Yubari, when I'm kiting a BB or T5 cruiser at maximum range...  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

Exploiting it how? 

BB hits border, BB slows down to almost a stationary target, BB gets filled with HE and burned to a crisp.

A Cruiser hits the border, Cruiser gets his, now easy to hit citadel obliterated.

A DD hits the border, Destroyer loses his mobility, DD gets wrecked.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

Go to Reddit/NA and post about this instead.

There the circle-jerk is alive and strong. You will get all the karma you need and be sure that anyone with other opinions are downvoted to oblivion.

Remind me to never use Reddit as anything but a news source.