Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

When will happen next Free XP conversion?

72 comments in this topic

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles

So, im wondering when will be the next conversion of free EXP for doubloons 35:1? I only know that it happens for some special event, anniversary's, etc, but since Missouri is ending (very) soon, im curious will there be another one, for people who still dont have that ship and want to get it?

Beside this question, im in dilema of buying Missouri or Musashi. For weeks I was counting for Musashi without a doubt, but with time I heard more and more critisicm on that ship, how bad she is and really not worth the ''money'' when we have Missouri here too.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles

Keep in mind that Missouri will not be unlockable anymore as soon as 0.7.2 goes live.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles

If you like high tier BB gameplay, buy Missouri. If you don't like high tier BB gameplay, buy neither.

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
1 minute ago, SeeteufeI said:

Keep in mind that Missouri will get removed as soon as 0.7.2 goes live.

Yea, im aware of that.

Thats why I ask if conversion will be soon.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

If you like high tier BB gameplay, buy Missouri. If you don't like high tier BB gameplay, buy neither.

I only play BBs on tiers 7-10.

Any speculations when conversion will be?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Nobody knows. I wouldn't hold my breath!

Players
2,339 posts
6,671 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Chances are it won't happen. I hope for you that it will. You'll still have some time though to grind some more fxp.

I think it's too late to ask you now, but did you play on the test server? You can earn xp boosters that way, which is what I did.

I did convert part of the xp last december though, as I knew xp conversion bonusses weren't very common.

I was actually waiting for the last xp conversion bonus to go live, 1 minute later the missouri was mine! :Smile_great:

You could opt to be ready to convert a day before 7.2 goes live. I mean, it's a good tier 9 premium ship after all.

Do you actually need a premium ship? The question whether you should get her will depend on your pertsonal situation, obviously.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,240 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Hades_warrior sagte:

for people who still dont have that ship and want to get it?

so why should WG make a discount for those people? They can earn more doublons without a discount....

Players
2,339 posts
6,671 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

so why should WG make a discount for those people? They can earn more doublons without a discount....

Because his contribution is in something else then money? :Smile_great:

[MIRAI]
Players
1,123 posts
9,913 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

There is an announcement for February which doesn't mention any better rate for conversion so I doubt there will be one before the next patch (which will likely happen March 1st). But next weekend will be +100% free XP and 200% daily win bonus so everyone playing should be able to get huge amounts of free XP.

[_OPC_]
Players
360 posts
11,408 battles

WE DON'T NEED MORE MONKEYS IN T9 BB!!!!

I hope there won't be any, if you didn't get till now you don't deserve it!

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the red color.
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
730 posts
6,300 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, morgoroth said:

Have you had a look at what ships are in his port?

Who made you the gatekeeper of who gets to play what?

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

How bout blaming WG and not the players?

[_OPC_]
Players
360 posts
11,408 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, Mr_Tayto said:

Don't care, if he is good enough he will get it..if not read the text in red.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, Mr_Tayto said:

Who made you the gatekeeper of who gets to play what?

If it was up to me majority would still sit in t5s learning the basics *edited*

On 2/19/2018 at 10:18 PM, MacFergus said:

How bout blaming WG and not the players?

...WG won't do anything and blaming them is pointless .. too much to lose and getting a "free", "special" T9 bb should be a reward for good play and not for throwing  some cash...

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
93 posts

So i started recently and bought a Tirpitz and got a Richelieu from quest now.

I am per definition one of your Monkeys but at T8. I have however made the effort to inform myself about high tier BB play a bit with vids and so on. And in the few games i have played i gotta say i did not that bad. Not worse than any T8 BB in these games.

I see the problems lying elsewhere.

1. Tons of BBs in these games, probably since CVs are very hard to play and AA is extremely brutal at T8+. This induces that you see hardly any cruisers.

2. Static Bow Tanking while being impossible to flank is the only thing High tier BBs seem to do. That’s why i seem to do better in the Richelieu than in the Tirp probably The ship is better suited for this quite simply. It’s boring as hell however, but a consequence of an imbalance in Matchmaking (too few CVs and Cruisers)

3. Since BBs sit back all game unless they have a huge advantage, DDs decide the games by capping. This is not bad per se but nobody can punish them. No CVs, no Cruisers, remember?

4. Tier 10 Divisions in Randoms. They have one, you don’t? Too bad you lose. Triple T10 BBs in tight formation, with Hydro or Radar, preferrably. The only thing able to punish them would be Torpedo DDs and total incompetence of the rest of the team. I have nothing against these players, but these divisions are a bit much in Random given the limited ship number.

So, High tier BB play is not really that difficult to learn. Camp your base, pick a ship with decent deck and front armor that can’t be overmatched, or one with huge frontal firepower. Camp until your DDs have done all the work. Push only if nobody that could punish you is left. And push only when you already have an advantage that is impossible to reverse.

Monkey business, really...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
28 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

...WG won't do anything and blaming them is pointless .. too much to lose and getting a "free", "special" T9 bb should be a reward for good play and not for throwing  some cash...

But that's the whole point isn't it to make some cash?.

Players
93 posts
21 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

Don't care, if he is good enough he will get it..if not read the text in red.

If it was up to me majority would still sit in t5s learning the basics and growing some hair on their small balls

Both you and WG should be thankful for every new player that is even interested to play WoWs and thus brings it new cashflow.

The game seems to have dwindling player numbers, stagnant at the very best, and stubborn elitist mentality like this is one of the reasons for that.

WG could maybe do some things to remedy this,  but the « old guard » thinking like you and displaying it here should rather do their part and  help newer players instead of talking cynical nonsense and not answering usefully to a thread like this.

Or else very soon the game won’t exist anymore, or at least you can hang in the matchmaker search for a few hours before finding someone worthy of your supreme fighting skills.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_OPC_]
Players
360 posts
11,408 battles
4 minutes ago, ForceM1782 said:

Both you and WG should be thankful for every new player that is even interested to play WoWs and thus brings it new cashflow.

The game seems to have dwindling player numbers, stagnant at the very best, and stubborn elitist mentality like this is one of the reasons for that.

WG could maybe do some things to remedy this,  but the « old guard » thinking like you and displaying it here should rather do their part and  help newer players instead of talking cynical nonsense and not answering usefully to a thread like this.

Or else very soon the game won’t exist anymore, or at least you can hang in the matchmaker search for a few hours before finding someone worthy of your supreme fighting skills.

Yes you are right.

I think WG must give everyone who reached 100 battles (coops can count too) a few TXs to test (preferably CV they are so OP) so they can teach the "elitist" the proper game play.

• Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

So, im wondering when will be the next conversion of free EXP for doubloons 35:1? I only know that it happens for some special event, anniversary's, etc, but since Missouri is ending (very) soon, im curious will there be another one, for people who still dont have that ship and want to get it?

Beside this question, im in dilema of buying Missouri or Musashi. For weeks I was counting for Musashi without a doubt, but with time I heard more and more critisicm on that ship, how bad she is and really not worth the ''money'' when we have Missouri here too.

1. It won’t happen until May I suppose. Last event is too recent and right now people wanting the soon-to-leave or the brand new deluxe T9 are captive customers.

2. I recommend to change your sources of information. 

Beta Tester
160 posts
11,925 battles
49 minutes ago, ForceM1782 said:

So i started recently and bought a Tirpitz and got a Richelieu from quest now.

I am per definition one of your Monkeys but at T8. I have however made the effort to inform myself about high tier BB play a bit with vids and so on. And in the few games i have played i gotta say i did not that bad. Not worse than any T8 BB in these games.

I see the problems lying elsewhere.

1. Tons of BBs in these games, probably since CVs are very hard to play and AA is extremely brutal at T8+. This induces that you see hardly any cruisers.

2. Static Bow Tanking while being impossible to flank is the only thing High tier BBs seem to do. That’s why i seem to do better in the Richelieu than in the Tirp probably The ship is better suited for this quite simply. It’s boring as hell however, but a consequence of an imbalance in Matchmaking (too few CVs and Cruisers)

3. Since BBs sit back all game unless they have a huge advantage, DDs decide the games by capping. This is not bad per se but nobody can punish them. No CVs, no Cruisers, remember?

4. Tier 10 Divisions in Randoms. They have one, you don’t? Too bad you lose. Triple T10 BBs in tight formation, with Hydro or Radar, preferrably. The only thing able to punish them would be Torpedo DDs and total incompetence of the rest of the team. I have nothing against these players, but these divisions are a bit much in Random given the limited ship number.

So, High tier BB play is not really that difficult to learn. Camp your base, pick a ship with decent deck and front armor that can’t be overmatched, or one with huge frontal firepower. Camp until your DDs have done all the work. Push only if nobody that could punish you is left. And push only when you already have an advantage that is impossible to reverse.

Monkey business, really...

you are not ready for t8 battles and you have no clue how to play tirpitz

[CATS]
Players
14,680 posts
10,879 battles

The game gives you enough options to get free XP. The last +200% weekend gave you the option to get 10k+ free XP with flags and camos per win.

The whole week is +100% and next weekend will be another +200% XP event + extra 100% free XP.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

You could opt to be ready to convert a day before 7.2 goes live. I mean, it's a good tier 9 premium ship after all.

Do you actually need a premium ship? The question whether you should get her will depend on your pertsonal situation, obviously.

That migh happen, but the question is, will it.

Well, since I have low amount of premium ships, why not.

3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Exept, they wont. Lets be realistic here; WG knows that they get more sallary whenever they have discounts on something, thats the fact. Do you really think WG is that dumb not to care about bigger profit?

2 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Ok captain Shallow. What you wanna point with that argument? You are somehow better player then me who have bigger rights to play this game and pick what ships and who will play?

52 minutes ago, ForceM1782 said:

Fore other new players yes. Im not new even if I have lower number of battles.

34 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

1. It won’t happen until May I suppose. Last event is too recent and right now people wanting the soon-to-leave or the brand new deluxe T9 are captive customers.

2. I recommend to change your sources of information. 

If WG is in interest to get more money from players (especially when Missouri is on exit doors), they would add discounts.

And just to be clear, I will not spend 100€ on doubloons as the full MIssouri price but expected to convert 200-300k EXP.

Well, one of those sources was Runner, ex member of Omni clan.

You still think I got source from less-knowledging people?

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The game gives you enough options to get free XP. The last +200% weekend gave you the option to get 10k+ free XP with flags and camos per win.

The whole week is +100% and next weekend will be another +200% XP event + extra 100% free XP.

Yea, but those are daily wins. Once per ship. I dont know about you but I have no interest in wasting my low amount of special signals on mid tiers.

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles

No matter the source telling you "how bad is Musashi" you should change it.

WG always know how to get money from players, don't worry.

[NWP]
Players
730 posts
6,300 battles
33 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Ok captain Shallow. What you wanna point with that argument? You are somehow better player then me who have bigger rights to play this game and pick what ships and who will play?

Is this comment directed at me? If so, not only did you not get my point but I think you may have assumed I meant he opposite. I agree with you, if you'll read the very next line in the post you've quoted this from.

Sign in to follow this