Obsessive_Compulsive

containers question

9 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
29 posts
1,008 battles

Hello, Simple question. I tried my luck with 11 lucky containers and got well.. not much. Does anyone know the probability? has anyone got anything nice from one? I saw a thread about someone getting a prem ship a year ago perhaps. any thoughts. thank you.

8 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles

Wargaming is not giving us any data like that, so no exact numbers are known.

Some players made statistics and got about 2-3% for TYL containers and 1-1.5% for other containers to be a Super Container.

I got some nice stuff from Super Containers (last one a few days ago 1000 dubloons) but no ships so far.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,249 posts

I only had the Spee in a SC (for my second account), but one from the advent calendar

since there are no official number (of course), you can only get single experiences. I started to make a list with my containers last November and until today I had

13 SC in 252 TyL (=5.1%)

and

7 SC in 376 normal containers (=1.8%)

• Cool 1

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles
1 hour ago, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

Hello, Simple question. I tried my luck with 11 lucky containers and got well.. not much. Does anyone know the probability? has anyone got anything nice from one? I saw a thread about someone getting a prem ship a year ago perhaps. any thoughts. thank you.

Chances are not great, but with the TYL containers chances are a little bit better. Don't count on getting a SC regularly though, longest time I had not gotten a single SC was about 2 months and the most was around christmas.

The TYL will net you fewer rewards, but the rewards do seem to be a little bit nicer (like getting some +100% xp camos instead of the regular type 5 ones, even though you get fewer of those in TYL).

Most SCs I gotten had signal flags. SC stands for Super Container, just adding this for extra clarity for whoever may read this later. Many also were those special modules, but those are usually not of that much use for people who haven't gotten into the higher tiers yet (like the radar module for tier 8 cruisers, I don't have any yet so that module has been unused for a month or 2 ever since I gotten it).

Theres a page with more details, including the drops for each normal container you can pick http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

If you want credits, it seems the flag normal container should net the most credits. At least that's what the veterans of WOWS are saying a lot on this forum. You can sell from your inventory, I found out about this months after I had started playing WOWS :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles

No exact % rng chances are known so far. Not enough sample data taken, so take estimations with a grain of salt.

From personal experience considering SC's:

demand_curve-56a9a6613df78cf772a9395b.GI

You get SC's most frequently starting out till it reaches an equilibrium of defined propability of ~5%. The actual drop rate from an SC for premium ships can be as low as 1%.  So you can call yoursefl really lucky if you get something valuable out of it. A SC basicaly is 2 containers worth of loot. And the coding doesnt account for duplicates, so either way the probability pool doesnt fluctuate in your favour.

As value per container goes - flags/camo has the biggest payout. You take credits containers only if you rush to high tiers usually, which in itself is a bad idea for your Win%. In conclusion, TYL containers are least valuable, but a TYL SC has the biggest potential to hold premium ships and doubloons. TYL SC goodies pool includes all the possible payouts after all.

And regarding some industry practices: WG usually monetizes lootboxes so they are forced to adjust the loot pool to make the potential payout worth the real money investment. Some consider this an oportunity to save up all their SC's farmed ingame and only claiming them durning such an event. Usually counting on some coding mistakes or blatant probabiliy soft stats riging from WG, because the lootbox claiming option runs on the same engine.

1962a3fe245c37febda85ed7503729c9--stupid

For your consideration @Obsessive_Compulsive

Spoiler

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

• Cool 1

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles

I've been exclusively doing 'Try your Luck' containers for the first three, four months. The increased chance seems negligible to non-existent. These days, I'm exclusively choosing Signals & Camo since you can't otherwise buy those, while all of the rest is available mostly through silver even.