Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
2nd_coming_of_RNGesus

Toxic Moaning Community

60 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,184 battles
36 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

When you put stats in any game it has the desired effect of a win at all costs mentality , However I play WT as well and never see or very rarely see any toxic comments go figure.

You've got this totally arse about face. People don't play to win to get good stats, people have good stats because they play to win.

• Cool 2

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,407 battles
8 minutes ago, EvilBob said:

All we need now is someone to moan about your post in the moaning thread about the moaning in game and the circle will be complete.

Capture.PNG.30bae18d9a1b5b824b243a3fee8ca086.PNG

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,287 posts
11,045 battles

The community got a lot worse in past year or so, every butthurt pleb who isn't capable to deal with MM or enemy ships will try to blame others for his own mistakes, and that includes some really heavy insults...

So far the worst for me was in CVs which I started grinding lately, I've never received so much abuse and reports and chatbans, just because people overextend and expect me to spot the entire map the entire time, while failing to take certain things like heavy AA cruisers nearby, its just silly and makes me want to quit playing CVs

• Cool 2

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
573 posts
2,800 battles

I tend to find you get one salty player every so often and if everyone ignore ls him/her they get bored very quickly and shut up.  It's only if someone tries to reason with them or argue back that it escalates so, generally speaking, my rule is to try not to respond (though sometimes that's quite difficult).  It's nowhere near as bad as WoT though.

That said, this game definitely has a much healthier community overall.  You can get some really positive experiences in chat if you try - just ignore the idiots.  The chat channel in port is also WAY healthier than WoT's which is, frankly, horrific.  

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,207 battles

I tend to agree.

It turns out that according to a group of 2 people I met earlier, I'm super autistic because I asked 2 DDs to stop doing literally nothing while I played capper, tank, dps and scout as a bottom tier BB.

Later heated discussion revealed that a 12v12 team deathmatch isn't a team game, so I should tell people what to do.

/facepalm

EDIT: Just left a match where one top tier Atlanta died instantly and QQed all match because people capped a point to make it 3 caps to 1.
I don't even understand the logic.

We're just seeing Dunning-Kruger in action, where more dummies are joining the game, so more dummies are QQing despite being garbage.

[ROT8]
Players
2,764 posts
On 2/19/2018 at 6:24 PM, krazypenguin said:

I tend to find you get one salty player every so often and if everyone ignore ls him/her they get bored very quickly and shut up.  It's only if someone tries to reason with them or argue back that it escalates so, generally speaking, my rule is to try not to respond (though sometimes that's quite difficult).  It's nowhere near as bad as WoT though.

That said, this game definitely has a much healthier community overall.  You can get some really positive experiences in chat if you try - just ignore the idiots.  The chat channel in port is also WAY healthier than WoT's which is, frankly, horrific.  

Bang on, except the ignore bit....I tend to offer them a good hard snog....it shuts them up or sends them over the edge....either way is a result. :Smile_Default:

On 2/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

You've got this totally arse about face. People don't play to win to get good stats, people have good stats because they play to win.

Macwhine doesn't care about stats but he mentions them in nearly every post. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
6,338 posts
12,417 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

There's lots of toxicity. Sometimes it's kind of justified, because a player that is at least decent keeps getting put into really, really terrible teams and suffers defeat after defeat. So after he sees 3 battleships on the edge of the map doing nothing, DD's avoiding caps like they were infected with the plague, and that one cruiser rushing the one cap where the entire enemy fleet is alone, who can blame that player for getting annoyed. Keep in mind that 1) there's a lot of new players with the steam release, a lot of which still haven't learned the basics of the game (but are somehow in high tiers), and 2) more "weekend drivers" are playing with the french event going on, trying to get a free t8 from a box drop.

Sometimes, though, you run into the most useless member of the team, often with "private account", raging at people when he's contributed nothing and is usually raging about nonsensical things not even realizing where the failure was (hint, it's in the mirror more often than not in these cases).

I get reported mostly for idiotic reasons. My favorite time was in my Alabama when I had 5 kills, some 150k-ish damage, confederate, kraken, last one of the team to survive and I won that battle for us; after the battle I find I lost karma. Thanks salty kids, that was a nice compliment there :) Today I got reported when I was in an A hull hipper, last one alive (with a high damage game so not due to inactivity or border humping), because I was told not to fire my guns so I don't get seen and killed. This would all be fine if we weren't behind on points, I wasn't spotted by enemy aircraft anyway, and our base was being capped. So of course I fired, they saw me anyway and I'll at least try to defend the base under these conditions, tho being the last one alive my odds were pretty terrible. So, yea ofc I'm to blame and get reported, in a situation where me doing nothing and surviving would have just as surely lost the game. Raging kids at their finest.

In it's current state, reports, karma system, it's a cynical move by WG. The mere existence of the option "plays poorly" is cynical. Wargaming, are you really going to start sanctioning players for bad gameplay? Even when that would lose you all that money people are spending on Tipritzes? We all know this option does nothing, it's merely a button for salty kids to press. We all know you won't do anything to bad players that have horrible win rates and avg damage and always bring their teams down, no matter how much they get reported. Let's not pretend. You're running a business. You want more profit, not less. Just be honest about it. The entire system needs to be removed and then reworked properly. Or at least hidden, but I'm also happy just ignoring it's existence. Reporting is useless and I tend to just do it when someone heavily crosses the line in multiple ways. A shinonome that declared he was going to be afk the entire match because he got uptiered +2, but then still went into the enemy cap at the end of the match to farm xp is one example when people get the full brunt of my reports, for all the good that does. Not much as far as I can tell.

Hi. It is NEVER justified to get toxic yourself no matter how many braindead lemmingtrains your team had. And no it's not just the weekend warriors being this toxic, even regular forum members send toxic remarks my way. Heck, one was even some non-English contributor on this forum who reported me because I was not using manual torps while doing the Defend Harbor OP at 3am, even though we still won that one. Seriously??

Some abused the chat (pinging and generally not giving me a moments rest), especially elitists who are in a division. One time some elite clan division pinged me and scolded me as if I were just a terrible asset to the team in my Missouri (which I frankly am somewhat regularly, but not that game) but I ended up 2nd place, with 2 of them getting 3rd and 4th place. Did they apologize to me? Nope, all 3 reported me! Raging kids at it's finest?...no way these were grownups!

So no...it is never never never NEVER ok to start getting toxic yourself, no matter how many teammates managed to torp themselves or whatever. If you don't like it, just exit the game and go do something else. Or report them :Smile_hiding:

Even if I get toxic (yes sometimes the most unbelievable bad luck happens, we all know it by now right? :Smile_sceptic:) I do apologize, even in person right after the battle if the game is over beforehand. Because I don't want to be one of them.

Perhaps the "plays poorly" doesn't actually subtract any karma from the receiver? That would be awesome trolling by wargaming! :Smile_great:

Players
6,338 posts
12,417 battles
56 minutes ago, krazypenguin said:

In the end this is the best.

Though my experience is not so great with chat when it comes to karma. I was at a whopping 1 karma a few days ago! People will even report you because they don't like France and I just happened to be in my tier 6 French cruiser that battle. For me it's impossible to climb even to 10 karma or so, even though I gotten close.

The few people who did have tons of karma are the ones who actually hardly ever chatted, if at all.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,207 battles
8 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So no...it is never never never NEVER ok to start getting toxic yourself, no matter how many teammates managed to torp themselves or whatever. If you don't like it, just exit the game and go do something else. Or report them :Smile_hiding:

So you decided to downvote my post, but just think about what you're doing here.

You're endorsing the notion that QQing all match because people "shouldn't be told what to do in a team game" while calling someone autistic in the process, and players doing literally nothing during a team game is somehow less toxic than someone asking then telling people to move their butts?

Oh boy, please tell me that you play a football IRL so I can show up to your match, in your team, then sit down and play cards, claiming that you're toxic to the game if you tell me to actually play.

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles

I usually start reciting songlyrics when the badmouthers makes their entrence ...

Bohemian Rhapsody tends to loosen the mood and gets the crew on both sides going filling in line by line :cap_like:

Players
2,515 posts

I had one last night ranting because I was unable to cap more then 2 zones and sink 2 Destroyers before I was caught by the CV and sunk. Lots of abuse... I reported it obviously and then in all chat asked him "Does Mummy still tell you to lift the toilet seat when you go for a wee?" Never got another peep and another guy from the team said even when dead you still sting.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

We seem to be playing different games.

Usually there's no communication at all. Sometimes there's people raging, but certainly not quite often enough that I'd say it's particularily noteworthy, especially when compared to other online multiplayer games I've played.

Overall I'd say WoWs is par for the course for an online multiplayer, possibly even tame compared with other F2P games from what I hear about other games like WoT, LoL, DoTA, etc..

Players
6,338 posts
12,417 battles
30 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

So you decided to downvote my post, but just think about what you're doing here.

You're endorsing the notion that QQing all match because people "shouldn't be told what to do in a team game" while calling someone autistic in the process, and players doing literally nothing during a team game is somehow less toxic than someone asking then telling people to move their butts?

Oh boy, please tell me that you play a football IRL so I can show up to your match, in your team, then sit down and play cards, claiming that you're toxic to the game if you tell me to actually play.

I'm super autistic because I asked 2 DDs to stop doing literally nothing while I played capper, tank, dps and scout as a bottom tier BB.

I did get your attention. Actually, it does sound kinda autistic, because they don't really care if people don't like their opinion, even though they are correct (which you were). The main issue there was them using it as if it's some kind of negative thing, simply because they wanted to continu being stupid without ever being questioned (which is something autistic people tend to do more easily). I wouldn't call it super-autistic though, that's overeacting (which is probably something those 2 were doing a lot that game?).

I removed it, since it was kinda uncalled for anyway.

I don't play football btw.

[DUKIT]
Beta Tester
80 posts
5,055 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 2:36 PM, RAHJAILARI said:

I keep failing to see the point...:Smile_amazed: So basically what we have now is a toxic moaning thread about a toxic moaning community? :cap_hmm:

I don't believe its anyway toxic in this thread.

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 7:09 AM, StartledToad said:

Coming from playing eve online for 3 years, this game is really friendly overall.

My only other online experience is EVE.

The player base here is relatively placid. 

• Cool 1

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
81 posts
3,260 battles
21 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

... who reported me because I was not using manual torps while doing the Defend Harbor OP at 3am, even though we still won that one. Seriously??

Do you actually know what colossal loss of time and 50,100,200% is winning the op with 0 stars. it's actually worse than losing the op. SO while the manner is deplorable, I can totally understand if someone has issues against such win.

...but I ended up 2nd place, with 2 of them getting 3rd and 4th place. Did they apologize to me? Nope, all 3 reported me! Raging kids at it's finest?...no way these were grownups!

You can win 1st or 2nd place, by staying last and farming until enemy team nukes you, too. DD capping and getting killed because no support, or CA getting focused early because all BBs camp the 10 line can die with little influence to the game. Again griefing you in chat about it is not acceptable, but can be understandable in such situations

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,048 posts

I dont belive you entirely. 

Your recent games are at 40% way below average. Maybe the "moaning" was justified and you just played badly?

this-is-true-this-is-truth-square-circle

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,589 posts
9,709 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Toxic moaning, not toxic mooing.

Is there really anny difference ^^ 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
5 minutes ago, lameoll said:

Is there really anny difference ^^ 

One's a zombie, the other one's a bad steak.

• Funny 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,589 posts
9,709 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

One's a zombie, the other one's a bad steak.

*Stare's *tumblr_nid9a4EOxk1riwt83o1_500.gif

Players
8,241 posts
12,062 battles

I'm going to add an example.

The whining BB who blame their DDs for not screening them vs enemy torps AFTER they've sunk. It usually takes more than one torp run to sink a BB so why the hell not raise it as an issue in team chat BEFORE you are dead?? I tend to do my own thing as a DD, spot and cap etc but I'll assess and assist if requested...

Again, it's always someone else's fault when the low skilled die.

• Funny 1

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

I think you're whining OP. What I've seen is the community is fairly benign in wows. Yes there are some [edited] players who will flame. Heck, I won't throw the first stone: I admit to use some "powerful" terms in gamechat. But if you can't stand the "heat" from the polar kitchen in wows: I sincerely advice you to consider tetris. Or even more challenging: Pac Man.

• Funny 1