Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fighto

Toxic Moaning Community

60 comments in this topic

[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
72 posts
4,182 battles

I've played world of tanks since beta, Star War Galaxies , LOTR, FIFA(11-17) GTA5 and without a doubt this is most toxic, sand in the vagina,  moaning player base I've ever seen, considering the games I just listed that is saying something.  WOWS has got worse in the past few months.

Report has to be used at least 100 times more than any other word in chat.Its pathetic. Report this, report that.

My last game today I was in a DD, I was engaging BB's to try and stop the counter and take out ships  and I capped 2 bases but according to some muppet "I wasn't a team player"(+ tons of other abuse) . I wouldn't mind I could  have easily won a tier 10 game with a tier 8 DD with a bit more luck with torps. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[-TXG-]
Players
2,363 posts
3 minutes ago, Fighto said:

I've played world of tanks since beta, Star War Galaxies , LOTR, FIFA(11-17) GTA5 and without a doubt this is most toxic, sand in the vagina,  moaning player base I've ever seen, considering the games I just listed that is saying something.  WOWS has got worse in the past few months.

Report has to be used at least 100 times more than any other word in chat.Its pathetic. Report this, report that.

My last game today I was in a DD, I was engaging BB's to try and stop the counter and take out ships  and I capped 2 bases but according to some muppet "I wasn't a team player"(+ tons of other abuse) . I wouldn't mind I could  have easily won a tier 10 game with a tier 8 DD with a bit more luck with torps. 

Worse than WOT? not in a million....btw, may I suggest rubber panties if the sand is causing you a problem. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

sand is causing you a problem

Let's be honest, sand IS a major hazard 

400px-Anakin_sand.png.5fd04b886d665ace3ca9814f642d4fa1.png

• Funny 6

[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
72 posts
4,182 battles
4 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Worse than WOT? not in a million....btw, may I suggest rubber panties if the sand is causing you a problem. :Smile_hiding:

Sorry but for abusing  players in your own team, team damage, torp spamming. WOWS is 100 times worse now, not even a  debate.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
2 minutes ago, Fighto said:

Sorry but for abusing  players in your own team, team damage, torp spamming. WOWS is 100 times worse now, not even a  debate.

Chat abuse in WoT? Check (oh wait they had to disable that)

Team damage in WoT? Check

Artillery Friendly Fire in WoT? Check

WoWs is a country mile away from WoT's overall toxicity

• Cool 2

[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
72 posts
4,182 battles
1 minute ago, Turin7 said:

Can repeatedly damage players in wows without ban.....CHECK

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Fighto said:

you get warning (aka pink) then ban (if you teamdamage/kill over 2-3 matches).

[CIRC]
Players
36 posts
2,934 battles
8 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

The chat abuse is still there, you're just limited to team chat now :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
23 minutes ago, Fighto said:

Na, let yourself flood or burn out. They'll pink... :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
44 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

It has become worse than WOT after the global chat in WOT wass removed.:cap_money:

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles

I keep failing to see the point...:Smile_amazed: So basically what we have now is a toxic moaning thread about a toxic moaning community? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
9,538 battles

There's lots of toxicity. Sometimes it's kind of justified, because a player that is at least decent keeps getting put into really, really terrible teams and suffers defeat after defeat. So after he sees 3 battleships on the edge of the map doing nothing, DD's avoiding caps like they were infected with the plague, and that one cruiser rushing the one cap where the entire enemy fleet is alone, who can blame that player for getting annoyed. Keep in mind that 1) there's a lot of new players with the steam release, a lot of which still haven't learned the basics of the game (but are somehow in high tiers), and 2) more "weekend drivers" are playing with the french event going on, trying to get a free t8 from a box drop.

Sometimes, though, you run into the most useless member of the team, often with "private account", raging at people when he's contributed nothing and is usually raging about nonsensical things not even realizing where the failure was (hint, it's in the mirror more often than not in these cases).

I get reported mostly for idiotic reasons. My favorite time was in my Alabama when I had 5 kills, some 150k-ish damage, confederate, kraken, last one of the team to survive and I won that battle for us; after the battle I find I lost karma. Thanks salty kids, that was a nice compliment there :) Today I got reported when I was in an A hull hipper, last one alive (with a high damage game so not due to inactivity or border humping), because I was told not to fire my guns so I don't get seen and killed. This would all be fine if we weren't behind on points, I wasn't spotted by enemy aircraft anyway, and our base was being capped. So of course I fired, they saw me anyway and I'll at least try to defend the base under these conditions, tho being the last one alive my odds were pretty terrible. So, yea ofc I'm to blame and get reported, in a situation where me doing nothing and surviving would have just as surely lost the game. Raging kids at their finest.

In it's current state, reports, karma system, it's a cynical move by WG. The mere existence of the option "plays poorly" is cynical. Wargaming, are you really going to start sanctioning players for bad gameplay? Even when that would lose you all that money people are spending on Tipritzes? We all know this option does nothing, it's merely a button for salty kids to press. We all know you won't do anything to bad players that have horrible win rates and avg damage and always bring their teams down, no matter how much they get reported. Let's not pretend. You're running a business. You want more profit, not less. Just be honest about it. The entire system needs to be removed and then reworked properly. Or at least hidden, but I'm also happy just ignoring it's existence. Reporting is useless and I tend to just do it when someone heavily crosses the line in multiple ways. A shinonome that declared he was going to be afk the entire match because he got uptiered +2, but then still went into the enemy cap at the end of the match to farm xp is one example when people get the full brunt of my reports, for all the good that does. Not much as far as I can tell.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,363 posts
11 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

It has become worse than WOT after the global chat in WOT wass removed.:cap_money:

Well I don't see much at all, maybe 1 (dead) player whining about every 3 or 4 battles and really not that abusive.

• Cool 1

Players
766 posts
12,219 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I keep failing to see the point...:Smile_amazed: So basically what we have now is a toxic moaning thread about a toxic moaning community? :cap_hmm:

Yes, that's basically it: another pebble added to the pile.

I don't feel that the community is particularily toxic. The salty ones ranting in chat for longer than in your typical multiplayer game? I've been out of other MO for nearly four years and I preferred playing on LAN, so I'll just say maybe.

Salute.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
1 hour ago, Fighto said:

When you put stats in any game it has the desired effect of a win at all costs mentality , However I play WT as well and never see or very rarely see any toxic comments go figure.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles
30 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Oh and remember everyone.

It's always someone else's fault when you lose :Smile_child:

But of course, my friend. Last time I also blamed the Muppets

muppet.jpg.0cd044a5fe24d4e29166ce83a48053e2.jpg

.. and Kermit indeed got fired the next day. :cap_haloween:

aaa-1.jpg.d0aa97779f825aa2bea0b94895861f9b.jpg

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
79 posts
2,853 battles

I've played both since closed Beta and disagree that WOWS has a more toxic player base then WOT, personally I think they are pretty much the same player base.

WoT has always been horribly toxic, you just have to let it wash over you, or just mug the complainer off, I tend to like that option. Generally I just reply come on people, hopefully we're all adults, lets not start getting all childish over a game, tends to shutdown anyone with any self respect.

Players
2 posts
2,754 battles

Coming from playing eve online for 3 years, this game is really friendly overall.

If you don't like someone moaning or chatting s#1t to you then i would stay away from the internet as a whole

[RN-GF]
Beta Tester
82 posts
5,082 battles
52 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

All we need now is someone to moan about your post in the moaning thread about the moaning in game and the circle will be complete.

• Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles
2 minutes ago, EvilBob said:

All we need now is someone to moan about your post in the moaning thread about the moaning in game and the circle will be complete.

I always thought it was a triangle... :cap_hmm:

om.jpg.8e57ee984ed5850aff1cdd5af0b36dc1.jpg

OMMMMMMMMM!!