Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
walter3kurtz

Jack Dunkirk campaign

34 comments in this topic

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles

Since we are bringing back crates for old campaigns such as the Bismarck one, is there any news on the Dunkirk campaign returning?

The ït's a one time thing" argument doesn't apply anymore.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

Hardly but possible. 

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

I have Jack, but I miss 1 item from the "Northern Cape" campaign, would be nice if it came back.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
1 hour ago, Cime said:

Than sell it for 10-15€ with 12-15 skills 

WG will never be so "generous" :fish_haloween: Look at how much they take for one of those boxes. AND THEY CAN EVEN CONTAIN DUPLICATES, which is disgusting. 

Nah, for improved captains, there MUST be permanent campaigns. And completing them must be enough to earn the prize. And the completion must not be virtually impossible.

Fluff like the Bismarck skin? I don't care but that 100€ package is silly to say the least.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
6 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

This makes the effort of completing a time based task kinda meaningless imo ...

Would you elaborate? What's the meaning of it, then?

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
2 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Would you elaborate? What's the meaning of it, then?

What is there to elaborate ...

You have a time restricted event to gain a price, if that price comes available again at a later date I find the first effort to gain that price kinda meaningless ...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
7 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

What is there to elaborate ...

You have a time restricted event to gain a price, if that price comes available again at a later date I find the first effort to gain that price kinda meaningless ...

Special captains with improved skill sets are not just a price, are they? They are a clear advantage (permanent improved characteristics of a ship) in a competitive gaming environment. Such prices are not fit to be "exclusive", much less time gated or sold.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

It's not just a price, is it? It's a clear advantage in a competitive gaming environment. Such prices are not fit to be "exclusive", much less time gated.

Several of these prices are not exactly what I call a clear advantage tbh ... Jack Dunkirk included

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Several of these prices are not exactly what I call a clear advantage tbh ... Jack Dunkirk included

Then you don't deserve to use that avatar and it's useless to have a conversation with you.

• Funny 2

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
24 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

This makes the effort of completing a time based task kinda meaningless imo ...

Well, clearly WG does not intend campaigns to be 1 time only. See the Bismarck collection.

So this really does not play a role.

The question should therefore be when the Dunkirk collection / campaign returns (not if it should happen). I don't really care if they bring back the whole campaign or just the containers. My guess is the latter.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
2 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

I don't really care if they bring back the whole campaign or just the containers. My guess is the latter.

Why wouldn't you care if they introduced plain p2w? You'd have to pay shitloads of money to get such a captain.

If they do that, I'll be gone. The Bismarck skin - I don't really care. Guys who pay 100€ for two skins are lunatics but it's ok.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 minute ago, walter3kurtz said:

Well, clearly WG does not intend campaigns to be 1 time only. See the Bismarck collection.

So this really does not play a role.

The question should therefore be when the Dunkirk collection / campaign returns (not if it should happen). I don't really care if they bring back the whole campaign or just the containers. My guess is the latter.

By all means ... also bring back the "two years birthday celebration" while we're at it ... makes perfect sense 

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
Just now, aboomination said:

Logic.

Right ... that's what she said ...

That statement defines who's got the most logic answer, in this case that would be both seeing as there is no right or wrong answer but rather a personal opinion aka your logic that I don't deserve my avatar is not a logic statement

Next!

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
7 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

By all means ... also bring back the "two years birthday celebration" while we're at it ... makes perfect sense 

Haha why? The campaigns are there right under your profile, as a recognizable format. They bring back one, they surely can bring back the other. I'm not sure how you tie the birthday into this.

Funny how these Dunkirk threads always get taken over by the same discussion. If you feel you deserve it and no one else should be able to get it fine,  but just think a moment about how this makes you look. Especially in light of the fact that WG are bringing back containers for past missions already and - afaik - it was never stated that Dunkirk was a one off thing to begin with.

Let's keep it civil.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

Never said I derserved it and nobody else did ... my point was that the extra effort to gain a price is a tad meaningless if the price comes back time after time ...

If I dont have a particular ship, captain or flag because I didn't take the time to get it or started game late that's fine by me ...

Example: I will never get the Stalingrad since I'm not willing to spend the time playing clan battles but according to you amongst others the point is that doesn't matter, I should be able to just buy my way out of the effort to get it if you are consequent in your arguments that is ...

[BGBRD]
Players
232 posts
9,026 battles
16 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Never said I derserved it and nobody else did ... my point was that the extra effort to gain a price is a tad meaningless if the price comes back time after time ...

If I dont have a particular ship, captain or flag because I didn't take the time to get it or started game late that's fine by me ...

Example: I will never get the Stalingrad since I'm not willing to spend the time playing clan battles but according to you amongst others the point is that doesn't matter, I should be able to just buy my way out of the effort to get it if you are consequent in your arguments that is ...

Its one thing to "not willing" and another to "not able"... there is a subtle difference :cap_yes:

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
48 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Its one thing to "not willing" and another to "not able"... there is a subtle difference :cap_yes:

But the priciple remains the same ...

Besides not able doesn't apply much to many of the events in wows since they are quite easy to fulfill if you put in the necesary time 

But that aside the priciple is if you think it is fair for someone to buy what others had to make an effort to get

My opinion is that it's a tad unfair but not enough to keep me up at night ... 

[BGBRD]
Players
232 posts
9,026 battles
19 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

But the priciple remains the same ...

Besides not able doesn't apply much to many of the events in wows since they are quite easy to fulfill if you put in the necesary time 

But that aside the priciple is if you think it is fair for someone to buy what others had to make an effort to get

My opinion is that it's a tad unfair but not enough to keep me up at night ... 

Yes they're easy, if you have the time. But the priciple dont remain the same. I dont agree with put in the captain in the store and sell it for money. But revisition the event/campaing if fine. People that didn't had the time at lounch can do it now, by "put in the necesery time"/effort. And the othere that got it already(like you probably) dont lose anything, by that time they(you) allready have the captain to lvl 19. And as walter3kurtz stated:

it was never stated that Dunkirk was a one off thing to begin with

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,933 battles

Jack Dunkirk should remain a unique reward for those who got him first time around. Starting a new event with the reward of another unique British commander with exactly the same skills is what they should do. That way players who completed the event first time only have a cosmetic difference from those who do it second time around. And they should make sure that the second event isn't advertised as a one time only thing, that way it can be rerun without upsetting those who did it previously. 

Sign in to follow this