You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Buff Nuremberg, WG.

52 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,551 posts
6,274 battles

Yeah, yeah I know.

Buff that, nerf that.

But came on.

the t6 German  cruiser needs a overall, a revision, a minor tweak.

I'm still catching the hang of it, and with this French collection thing I'm playing also my dedicated operation cruisers.

Nuremberg it's one of them.

It's not bad overall, pretty ok, i will keep him.

But it have a flaw.

it's slow, 32 knots, it takes a long time to reach whatever where.

And when you are manoeuvring (to dodge incoming fire, etc) that ship bleeds speed like there was no tomorrow.

It can go as low as 26 knots.

That's BB territory.

So, a lot of times, several times that ship drops to 26 knots.

Just to put things in perspective, the Bayern t6 bb gives 25 knots max speed in straight line.

Came on, WG.

Put some nitro in that ship.

LaGal's max speed it's 31 knots but with the speed consumable goes above 33 knots.

pls, add speed boost to Nuremberg also. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[POI--]
Players
3,904 posts
5,016 battles

La Gal has one knot more in speed for a few minutes, otherwise it is slower by one knot for the majority of the match. Nürnberg has 3 seconds faster reload (thus for every 2 shells La Gal fires, Nürnberg fires 3!), Nürnberg has longer range and inbuild IFHE. Before Nürnberg would need a buff, La Galissonniere needs one. Because with La Gal you can actually make a point that it is quite worse than the Budyonny, with almost identical guns, but worse range (and no spotter plane), worse reload, slower speed and worse survivability. La Gal only has better AA, turns tighter (but still is slower and not hard to hit) and has a faster turret traverse. Torpedo wise, Budyonny has 4 short range torps vs La Gal's 2 long range ones per side. Neither will be of great value.

But yeah, Nürnberg is maybe not fast and not sturdy, but it sure has a damage output that is not to be underestimated. In terms of HE it has lower damage per shell, but still a lot more shells. In terms of AP damage, only the Aoba has higher damage per shell of the silver ships (Graf Spee and Molotov of the premiums), but Aoba has almost double the Nürnberg's reload and only 6 guns (Molotov has slightly over double the reload, Spee has over three times the reload).

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles

Are you kidding me?

I'm doing the german cruisers on my NA account, and the nurnberg is borderline overpowered with the 1/4 pen and 360° turrets. (if you need "hard facts", my username there is PzPz_EU)

If you're asking for speed, imho you're doing something wrong to begin with, i.e. fighting in the open, especially given the matchmaking it sees. Search nice and cosy island until most of reds (at least bbs) are dead, don't need speed for that.

I'm at hipper now, and if there is a ship that urgently needs a buff, it's exactly that. Constantly tier 10 on [edited] maps, with [edited] DPM, extremely situational AP and laughable HE.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

Funny, I have no issues what so ever with the Nurnberg. Far from having a issue with her I went and bought the Makarov.

• Cool 2

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

Nurnberg is the worst of all 13 T6 cruisers. She has the worst average damage (24271), the worst xp per game (881) the worst kill/death ratio (0.8) and the worst winrate (49.13%).

She is the last in every stats!

She clearly underperforms and could receive some love from WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,421 posts
13,838 battles

Nürnberg does not need buffs. She's easily the most powerful T6 cruiser I've played so far sans CBT Cleve (a benchmark that will probably never be reached anyway). Taking on multiple same tier BBs with her is a cakewalk if you have enough space to maneuver.

Heck, imo Nürnberg is a far superior ship than Yorck in almost every aspect. Now that's a ship made out of pure garbage.

Really, the only downside to the Nürnberg is that your armor may as well not exist. Any BB shell you take is very likely to penetrate your citadel.

Which also explains why her stats are so bad. WASD hax are after all far too sophisticated for the average player to comprehend. In the right hands she's a monster. In the wrong ones she's nothing but an exp pinata. Unless you plan on addressing the issues with cruiser play in general demanding buffs for the Nürnberg is hilarious at best. Statistics tell nothing of value in this matter.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles
6 hours ago, lafeel said:

Funny, I have no issues what so ever with the Nurnberg. Far from having a issue with her I went and bought the Makarov.

The Makarov, eh? How does she compare to the Nürnberg?

I saw that the Makarov has only half the torpedo armament of the Nürnberg, and that made me sort of lose interest. Having 4x3 torpedo tubes gives so much greater damage and area denial potential, that having the extra AA - which is otherwise a selling point for me - paled in comparison.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
901 posts
7,087 battles

Personally I disliked the Nürnberg too, when i suffered the grind upwards.

Nowadays I have learned to respect a well driven Nürnberg, as the insane ROF with appropriate fire-skills can be a real nightmare, especially if you have to deal with another strong main-opponent and the Nürnberg can spam HE from second line like there is no tomorrow.

A very fragile ship, no doubt, but like @lafeel already said: I bought the Makarov too, put my 19-skill-cpt from Kutuzov in and its a hell of fun :Smile_trollface:

Torps are strictly secondary for me with this ship. Nice, but short ranged and Nürnberg/Makarov cannot take any form of beating from anyone. Like Littlewhitemouse said: dont get shot at ...

So I am sneaking around, try to fire up as many ships as possible and wait for chances to punish unaware drivers with AP into their broadside.

• Cool 1

Players
2,321 posts
11,903 battles

My favourite cruiser overall.

I'm not that good in it, but it is lots of fun.

It's similar to Khaba, enemy BB think you are an easy target and are concentrating on you; this helps your team.

I use B-hull because of the torps, which are very usefull in close combat ambushing BB in late game.

Only downside for me are these random BB shells at long range ...well, you have to deal with that.

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

I quite like the Nürnberg!

The new and improved turret construction, which allows her rear turrets to turn full circle, was nothing short of an engineering masterstroke. Add to this the improved HE characteristics, which removes the IFHE skill point sink for German captains, and you get a very cost-effective little war machine. Her AP ammunition was, of course, always very strong. German engineering at its finest! :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Heck, imo Nürnberg is a far superior ship than Yorck in almost every aspect. Now that's a ship made out of pure garbage.

While I dislike Yorck as well, I still prefer it to hipper. At least Yorck has very workable HE.

[L4GG]
Players
1,551 posts
6,274 battles

Well, about cbt Cleveland i don't know.

For me, the best of the best t6 cruiser it's buddy by a mile.

But I'm not comparing any of the others to Buddy.

And I don't feel that Nurnberg, it's the worst of t6 cruisers either.

It was one of my dedicated operation cruisers, but has been the workhorse in the French collection mission in random.

In fact it would be a good interceptor if it went faster.

I still go after everything with it.

The major flaw I see in it.

E.G.

start of the battle you will position yourself in whatever space you think it's right.

first

you struggle to be with your flank.

second

if a bb it's at your side, and you want to go that way, while in others you can simply overcame that bb and cross it's bow, with Nurnberg you can't.

During the battle

third

As I said, while manoeuvring, you bleed so much speed  that it's like you're in a bb.

So, I'm suggesting a little tweak for comfort sake.

LaGal may be slower but get speed boost and not only can go above 33 knots (okish) but can also be a lot less sluggish while in acceleration with SB.

• Boring 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,551 posts
6,274 battles
2 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

While I dislike Yorck as well, I still prefer it to hipper. At least Yorck has very workable HE.

I didn't reach hipper yet.

but the 27 mm bow looks FUN.

But about the rest I only hope it's not a Aoba.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The Yorck garbage? HERESY I say :cap_rambo:

Bit lacklustre sure, but is a fantastic HE spammer with decent AP when under 10 Km. I'd agree that tier for tier for Nurn is the better ship though, quite enjoyed it and the Konigsberg.

Couldn't stomach the Karlsruhe for some reason.

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles
6 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Aoba is a great ship. What don't you like?

Hipper bow protects against German tier 8 bbs,  true. But trust me, tier 8 ships won't be your problem...

• Cool 2

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles
3 hours ago, Procrastes said:

The Makarov, eh? How does she compare to the Nürnberg?

I saw that the Makarov has only half the torpedo armament of the Nürnberg, and that made me sort of lose interest. Having 4x3 torpedo tubes gives so much greater damage and area denial potential, that having the extra AA - which is otherwise a selling point for me - paled in comparison.

Makarov is basically a C-hull Nürnberg (the AA hull) with Russian armament. iirc she still has the 1/4 HE pen since her guns and shells are unchanged but gets a standard Hydro instead of the German one.

Tbh, I always defended poor Nürnberg. But seeing how I cripple or devastrike them in mid-tier battles, I really think she ship needs something more. Yes, she has a pretty long range and good steering. But that can't be all, can it? 

[POI--]
Players
3,904 posts
5,016 battles
56 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Aoba is a good ship. The only thing to hate about Aoba are the retarded torpedo angles after coming from Furutaka. But otherwise, the ship has a slim profile, good speed, guns are slow, but hit hard. Also, IJN line never has to invest in IFHE.

[NWP]
Players
1,771 posts
12,145 battles

I really like Nurnberg (and Yorck to a certain extend as well). Hipper, now that's a German cruiser I disliked a lot.

So I don't really see the need to buff the Nurnberg.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
58 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Hipper bow protects against German tier 8 bbs,  true. But trust me, tier 8 ships won't be your problem...

Aoba was a good ship but in the current Meta its awful , Like the furry taco it relies on meeting lots of enemy CA/CLs to be effective with 204mm , But with the current BB meta she is just a juicy target with less guns imho.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

Much like the different states of matter, such as solids, liquids and gases, the Nurnberg exists in two different states: intact and pew pew'ing harder than a T8, or dead.

There is no transition phase, and that's tough to accept.
But when you do, oh boy

Players
900 posts
4,142 battles

Nürnberg is my most-played ship and the only one I've bought doubloon camo for, even before it got the 360º turn on the rear turrets. While I wouldn't turn down a buff, it'd be on the basis that my favourite ship would be made even better, not because it needs buffing.

[L4GG]
Players
1,551 posts
6,274 battles
50 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Because it's an awkward ship.

It's guns are too slow to reload.

It's torp's arcs are rubbish.

And it's overall sluggish.

And I'm not enjoying Myoko either, it's even worst, way worst. Apart of being a fire starter, it doesn't have any more attributes. Operation only and only when I'm in the mood.   

man, Kuma was the last awesome ship in IJN line, furutaka was fun to a certain extend, then all goes wrong.

• Bad 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,551 posts
6,274 battles
15 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Aoba was a good ship but in the current Meta its awful , Like the furry taco it relies on meeting lots of enemy CA/CLs to be effective with 204mm , But with the current BB meta she is just a juicy target with less guns imho.

I'm not thinking about bbs, I'm thinking about dds and cls/cas.