Sign in to follow this  
Reaper171

T10 "France"

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
168 posts
2,179 battles

In its current state with only 2 guns, what do you think?

Its fast firing sure

dispersion seems terrible for having such few shells

range almost equal to the Yammy

fastest 180* turn @ 36s

average turning circle for t10 BB

I have not tested it so this is all speculation but having 2 guns just makes me disgusted by it.

Beta Tester
5,056 posts
2,939 battles

Before Conqueror was officialized, everyone was like "4*2 gun layout sounds cool, it'll change, it's not too weak or op, it's a wonderful idea".
But for République, people are like "2*4 guns sux, it's not enough, way too weak, it's a stupid idea"

2*4. 4*2. -.-"

I wonder how people think sometimes.

• Funny 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,439 posts
11,421 battles
Vor 27 Minuten, LastButterfly sagte:

Before Conqueror was officialized, everyone was like "4*2 gun layout sounds cool, it'll change, it's not too weak or op, it's a wonderful idea".
But for République, people are like "2*4 guns sux, it's not enough, way too weak, it's a stupid idea"

2*4. 4*2. -.-"

I wonder how people think sometimes.

It is different. If one turret gets knocked out, you either lose 50% firepower or just 25%.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
168 posts
2,179 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It is different. If one turret gets knocked out, you either lose 50% firepower or just 25%.

Not only that is, if the turrets themselves dont have a huge circle of fire, you will HAVE to open your side to use both your guns.

However if both guns were on the front, i could get behind that 100% even with the potatential firepower loss, it would let you do things you cant in anything but the Dunkerque

Beta Tester
5,056 posts
2,939 battles
40 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

That's, like, the one difference. Besides , don't larger turrets simply have more HP pool ? So you lose more when they get knocked out but they're harder to knock out ? Something like that, so that it compensates ? Are battleships turrets that knocked out anyway ? It's not like I've played BB or anything for a while so I wouldn't know.

27 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

Not only that is, if the turrets themselves dont have a huge circle of fire, you will HAVE to open your side to use both your guns.

Well so would a 4*2. You'd have to open your side if you wanted to fire your two back turrets. 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

I just wonder what will be the new name for this ship.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

They should have gone to town and made a freak 16 gun ship. 3x4 turrets at the front and a single quad turret at the rear with 15" calibre.

Would have been interesting...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
168 posts
2,179 battles

That is the T6 BB Charlemagne at the time it was the pinnacle of my aspirations when i played that game.

f2pkting.jpg

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles
4 hours ago, Reaper171 said:

That is the T6 BB Charlemagne at the time it was the pinnacle of my aspirations when i played that game.

f2pkting.jpg

That actually looks quite cool... What game is it??

Wonder if France ever did any design concepts of a triple front turret ship.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
7 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

That actually looks quite cool... What game is it??

Wonder if France ever did any design concepts of a triple front turret ship.

That's NavyField (the first one). If you think WGs grind and P2W are abusive you have no idea how bad that was. Having said that, it was a pretty good game for its time mechanically and quite addictive and fun. Some of their top-tier concepts and use of paper designs is much more sensible than we have. And they had really in-depth ship customisation, although everyone just used it to remove all the armour to have max speed. Basically BB play was max range tag with first hit = 1 hit kill. And the tiering was based on ship type, so everyone started in DDs and worked up to cruisers then BBs.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,921 battles
20 hours ago, Reaper171 said:

This is wrong, France/Republique has better sectors of fire than ships like Bismarck has.

While yes bigger turrets do logically seem like they would have less room to traverse, but in truth having 1 turret aft or fore takes much less space meaning one can move the turrets further from the superstructure resulting in much less cramped decks and much better sectors of fire.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles
19 hours ago, Affeks said:

This is wrong, France/Republique has better sectors of fire than ships like Bismarck has.

While yes bigger turrets do logically seem like they would have less room to traverse, but in truth having 1 turret aft or fore takes much less space meaning one can move the turrets further from the superstructure resulting in much less cramped decks and much better sectors of fire.

Agree to this and also that I want different ships, you have already Yamma with 3x3 and the others with 4x3 so something new is welcome.

As long as it is playable and with that reload it is at least OK in my book.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,921 battles
8 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Agree to this and also that I want different ships, you have already Yamma with 3x3 and the others with 4x3 so something new is welcome.

As long as it is playable and with that reload it is at least OK in my book.

I actually dont like France's 2x4 1A1 design tho.

It think it would be much cooler if they went with 3x4 16" and/or 3x3 17" in 2A1. I think its the much more reasonable and realistic outcome for a BB finished post war. Also that would mean we didnt have to deal with this utterly ridiculus and unrealistic 24 second reload. Its like they didnt think about game balance at all when designing the ship so now they have to deal with their terrible planning by giving it an otherworldy reload.

Having quad 17" turrets is very unrealistic because it would mean they would need a gigantic barbette that would result in a terrible length to width ratio. Ofc WG doesnt consider these things at all. Still not as realistically terrible as Lyon or Normandie tho, but still just shows WGs inability to have an expert look at their ideas for even 2 seconds.

Sign in to follow this