Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
XxUnbarmherzigxX

Clan Wars - I thought that CW is the best and only good mode in this game until I found that is same crap as everything else :(

50 comments in this topic

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

So just tell me how is possible that my clan CCN who is like 52% win-rate clan ( Gale ) gets vs Paraz  who is like pro clan with 65% win rate ( Typhoon ) in struggle from Gale to Storm   and to be worse we was vs them for the 3th star progres to Storm !?!?!??!?!

Paraz worst stat player is better than my clan best player and they have 12 players even one with 72% win rate and a lot of 69% with like 10.000,12.000 battles - my whole 1st team don't have 12.000 battle all 7 players together, they are 2.5 league above us in II Typhone - why are there leagues than and struggle and all of that !?!?!????

This game is more and more idiotic day by day, month by month - first you got 9 potato in your team in random vs 9 good to unicom players, than same crap happens regular in ranked and now we got the same bad retarded mechanics in league system - why WG  W H Y ???????

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Happens very rarely that you get an opponent from a much higher league. 

If you constantly can not get your clan promoted to the higher league, you generally are not good enough for that league yet.

Also, I heard you get tougher opponents when trying to progress from one league to another.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,679 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

This happens from time to time... especially for clans who rank very high now at the start because there are not that many clans so high...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

(After reading title) Who would expect, huh?

Edit: Ok, after reading more I don't know how frequent is since I don't play clan battles, but I remember a topic about this issue last CW season.

Beta Tester
2,066 posts
9,492 battles
10 minutes ago, Cime said:

So just tell me how is possible that my clan CCN who is like 52% win-rate clan ( Gale ) gets vs Paraz  who is like pro clan with 65% win rate ( Typhoon ) in struggle from Gale to Storm   and to be worse we was vs them for the 3th star progres to Storm !?!?!??!?!

Paraz worst stat player is better than my clan best player and they have 12 players even one with 72% win rate and a lot of 69% with like 10.000,12.000 battles - my whole 1st team don't have 12.000 battle all 7 players together, they are 2.5 league above us in II Typhone - why are there leagues than and struggle and all of that !?!?!????

This game is more and more idiotic day by day, month by month - first you got 9 potato in your team in random vs 9 good to unicom players, than same crap happens regular in ranked and now we got the same bad retarded mechanics in league system - why WG  W H Y ???????

Why on earth would you think that CW would make for a better experience?

• Cool 1

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

This happens from time to time... especially for clans who rank very high now at the start because there are not that many clans so high...

Leo "Apollo11"

You want to tell me that there was no clan in whole 3 league of Storm and all 3 of Typhoon  so MM give us  ???   we are like 212 and they are 9th - how is that even close ??

And yes we are not a Typhoon class clan but last season we had worst player and was in Storm long enough so every player took 30 days of premium and 2500 gold - we where even 2 times in struggle to Typhoon but didn't get in and ok we are not that good but why on earth would MM give us profesional clan vs us in struggle for 2 league below ??

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,679 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Cime said:

You want to tell me that there was no clan in whole 3 league of Storm and all 3 of Typhoon  so MM give us  ???   we are like 212 and they are 9th - how is that even close ??

And yes we are not a Typhoon class clan but last season we had worst player and was in Storm long enough so every player took 30 days of premium and 2500 gold - we where even 2 times in struggle to Typhoon but didn't get in and ok we are not that good but why on earth would MM give us profesional clan vs us in struggle for 2 league below ??

It is the "law of large numbers"... it simply happens sometimes... the top clans sometimes get us (lower clans) as opponents...

BTW, in normal battles (not struggles - that only counts when you win 3 out of 5), the benefit of winning them is rather high!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[FAM]
Beta Tester
225 posts
17,469 battles
10 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

It is the "law of large numbers"... it simply happens sometimes... the top clans sometimes get us (lower clans) as opponents...

BTW, in normal battles (not struggles - that only counts when you win 3 out of 5), the benefit of winning them is rather high!

Yes, ELO is disgusting.

You win a battle and just +12 or even +8 points.

You lose a battle and be ready for -25 or -30.  :Smile_amazed:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
36 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

If you constantly can not get your clan promoted to the higher league, you generally are not good enough for that league yet.

Also, I heard you get tougher opponents when trying to progress from one league to another.

The fact of getting into matches against much stronger/weaker Clans isn't a problem in and of itself - you lose hardly any points when you lose against a much better clan (and get a lot of them on the off chance you actually manage to win) so when there's not enough top clans to give them proper opponents, it's acceptable for them to see opponents two leagues below them.

This, however, does not extend to the "best of 5" struggle. There it's either a victory or a defeat - and so the MM should be much stricter, restricted to the league they're in and the one they want to get into - and even that's a VERY loose approach. And if that's not feasible, then the whole "struggle" phase should be scrapped. I don't think there would be any problem with smooth progression, really - there could be just a unified point ranking with "leagues" being nothing more than "you must be this tall to be in this league" indicator with no actual threshold that needs to be broken through to advance (or that keeps you from dropping out of a league).

• Cool 5

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles
48 minutes ago, Cime said:

Why?

Vodka and coding aint going together.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,811 battles
1 hour ago, Tekacko said:

Well, we met you guys when we were still in Gale and you were Typhoon already. 

While I am personally fine with it (and it luckily went well for us), I don't see why it is a good idea to mix Gale and Typhoon.

Why not +1/-1 ? 

Would be much more balanced. 

• Funny 1

Players
1,387 posts

Hasn't the system been made so, that after a couple of wins you're getting higher rated opponents? So for example we had a winstreak of 5 tonight while in storm and after those five victories we got OMNI as opponents who were in Hurricane.

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles
14 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I think saying the CW game mode is bad because the CW MM is bad (for a single given example) is a bit of an overreaction.   crap happens, treat a bad instance of MM as a learning experience, or like a Detonation (shug it off and move on).  

I enjoy the matches where we play a much better team, its a good way to see how it should be played and its good to be punished for your mistakes because it teaches you not to do it again.   And when you manage to win, the feeling of success is that much sweeter.

CW is crap game mode as long as those who are dedicated CV players are not allowed to play CV. And they call it competitive mode... yeh sure :D

Its same like saying in LoL: "we dont know to play mid lane so lets just ban it from gameplay". :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Hasn't the system been made so, that after a couple of wins you're getting higher rated opponents? So for example we had a winstreak of 5 tonight while in storm and after those five victories we got OMNI as opponents who were in Hurricane.

yep we got same

also i rly dont like new maps in cb ,,,

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles
9 hours ago, eliastion said:

The fact of getting into matches against much stronger/weaker Clans isn't a problem in and of itself - you lose hardly any points when you lose against a much better clan (and get a lot of them on the off chance you actually manage to win) so when there's not enough top clans to give them proper opponents, it's acceptable for them to see opponents two leagues below them.

This, however, does not extend to the "best of 5" struggle. There it's either a victory or a defeat - and so the MM should be much stricter, restricted to the league they're in and the one they want to get into - and even that's a VERY loose approach. And if that's not feasible, then the whole "struggle" phase should be scrapped. I don't think there would be any problem with smooth progression, really - there could be just a unified point ranking with "leagues" being nothing more than "you must be this tall to be in this league" indicator with no actual threshold that needs to be broken through to advance (or that keeps you from dropping out of a league).

The problem with this is that a single loss can and will punish you, whereas victories in struggles still count as wins in the league you're currently in. As such it is easier to get, say,  typhoon wins once you make it there unless you lose about 5 straight. 

20 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

also i rly dont like new maps in cb ,,,

This. Mountain range got way too narrow and sleeping giant is a nightmare in and of itself because rush A cyka blyat! I also don't like the island distribution on tears of the desert. The theme of the new maps is forcing dds into wide flanking maneuvers in order to avoid radar cruisers camping in cover. This severely limits their impact and leads to staler gameplay, which I personally don't like. 

I miss Sea of Fortune. That one really tested clans and demanded you to man up and coordinate well if you wanted to win. Great design and offering a lot of different approaches, especially since there were no "free" caps. 

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
1 hour ago, Hawg said:

I think saying the CW game mode is bad because the CW MM is bad (for a single given example) is a bit of an overreaction.   crap happens, treat a bad instance of MM as a learning experience, or like a Detonation (shug it off and move on).  

I enjoy the matches where we play a much better team, its a good way to see how it should be played and its good to be punished for your mistakes because it teaches you not to do it again.   And when you manage to win, the feeling of success is that much sweeter.

It is ok if you get them in 1 of many normal league game because you will lose like 11 point and go on BUT if you get them in struggle and in the game for the 3th star - than it is not ok because you lose all the best you had been given in 2 games before and you lose 35 or so point to go to struggle again -- so all and all you lose time on 5-6 games minimal in that 1 game and that is just retarded.....  

Players
484 posts
10,137 battles

No idea as our group has two players and one of us only plays very rarely.  I did seem to remember some idea about 'Mercenary' players playing for clans who couldn't field enough players but that doesn't seem to have come to fruition. :Smile_sceptic:

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,687 battles

Points lost vs superior clan is minor and you learn 10x faster vs good clans than vs your own rating. 

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,430 battles

@Cime Some times it is good to bump up against a much better team - what lessons did you guys take away from that encounter?

(and I don't mean the 'they are better than us' one).

• Cool 2

Players
1,387 posts
27 minutes ago, philjd said:

@Cime Some times it is good to bump up against a much better team - what lessons did you guys take away from that encounter?

(and I don't mean the 'they are better than us' one).

Since it is a very rare occurance that you have to play a team +2 leagues I think what you say right here is exactly how people should react.

Playing a very good team at times gives your team the opportunity to really test your own abilities and strategies as well as give you some new insights and tactics.

Unless you get owned and cant make anything happen, I enjoy playing better teams because it gives me alot of satisfaction to make them sweat for their victory. You know it is going to be a tough fight so everyone on your team is playing at their best. And so what if you lose? GG to the enemy. There will always be another chance to promote to a higher league. If you're playing ranked and just when you're about to hit rank 1 you get the most abysmal team in the history of WoWs so you lose. crap happens, but would it prevent you from trying again?

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

Man I don't know are you trolling or what !??

I have a team with player with 49% win rate do you really think that I need a lesson  from someone with 72%,69%,69%,69%,68%,68%,66%  win rate in struggle --- over and over again I repeat that I don't mind getting into them while playing normal league game but in struggle wtf...

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose; sometimes your luck is bad, sometimes it's great. To quote a movie hero of mine, 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you going to get'. We all don't like losing, it's human nature, and we all have bad reactions now and then, but we need to recognise this and try better ourselves for the next time something doesn't work out well. In the end, it really doesn't matter does it? It's all just a game and none of this is real. What's real is environmental degradation, poverty, cruelty.

Do what I do OP, have a little rage now and then, suck it up, say sorry, try be better and above all, enjoy the game or what it is. Imperfect but still lots of fun. And yes, I agree with others here. getting matched with better teams is a great way to learn. Use the experience to better yourself.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,348 posts

I have to agree with the OP. Having a league system where apparently the leages don't matter is bad design.

Yes, in regular matches you get more points for winning and lose hardly anything for losing, but does that still mean it's fun? Doubtable. But, as @eliastion, already said, this is not the case for the progression games.

You already need a 60% winrate over those 5 games to progress, it shouldn't be made any harder by throwing in a clan 2 leagues higher than you. If this happens, the league system is flawed. This MM should not be defended, especially for the progression games.

I agree, there's much you can learn from going up against a better clan, but that should only happen in regular battles, where you're not punished for the expected loss. Fighting a clan 2 leagues higher in sometig as important as a progression match just proves the league system is badly implemented. Why have a league system if anybody can face anybody anyways?

I know, I know.... "it's rare so it's okay". No it's not.

World Wars are also rare. Does that make them okay too? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 8:43 AM, Hawg said:

EDIT

and for the end you have a flag to counter detonation - how can I counter next similar event in struggle ???

this is just bad mechanic and it should not happen from the start - in league ok ( maybe one time in 30 battle ) but in struggle NEVER

Edited by Kampa1987
Politics

Sign in to follow this