You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

Karma counter botched up?

23 comments in this topic

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
90 posts
8,899 battles

Hi all, 

I checked my Karma counter  (Profile menu -> Service Record, next to the nickname) after launching the game today. It was 1. I then played one battle, after which I got two "You got complimented" notifications. Unless my maths is awfully off, 1+2 should equal 3, shouldn't it? To my surprise, the counter is still at 1. 

Is it botched up or does it need some time to include the latest compliments?

And, on a side note, what does Karma do in the game? Does it influence anything? I suppose if it's very low perhaps you can get banned but what if it's very high? 

I tried searching for it on this forum but to no avail...

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,512 battles

You probably got reported as well which reduced your Karma again.

But the message for "You were reported" is bugged and doesn't always show up.

And Karma does nothing, except letting you report and compliment more times every day (up to 11 times).

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
3,727 posts
14,576 battles

I think it's the notification system that is botched. Maybe both. You might be reported and complimented without being told about it, from my experience.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,779 battles

Well from my experience you get report immidietly after you sink somebody. And thats in the middle of the game. The notificaton appears after match and only short while after and only when you are in the loby. Compliments are usually given after people check scoreboard. And if you got two compliments you probably sinked some ships. Probably two or more. And probably they reported you XD.

[SAVVY]
Players
204 posts
2,994 battles

It is broken.

Mine was at 9 a few days ago, and though I got reported twice for typing the first few lines of the "Deutschlandlied" (I was sailing the Bismarck ok) and got complimented for a good game in the Hood, my karma (when I checked it now) was 0.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
90 posts
8,899 battles

Oh, OK, thanks guys, so we basically don't know. 

My karma used to be at around 8-10 for a very, very long time. I didn't change my play style , neither do I swear more (or less) in the chat, yet over the past few weeks it seems to have nosedived to 1 or 0., which would support what Drasnighta says. 

On the other hand, it is also possible that the enemy players who I killed may have got angry, as Oderisson says. Too many people here who cannot control their emotions :)   I don't think anyone on my team could have possibly reported me (I came second best on XP,  and got more kills than anyone else on my the team). 

It's funny, isn't it, when you get reported by the enemy for just doing what you are supposed to do, that is, fighting them the best you can. Kids will be kids, I suppose. 

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,779 battles

Welcome to the online gaming XD. I know that since I got Conqueror and atlanta my karma was never above 0. Before that it was double digit easily.

• Cool 1

Players
951 posts
14,846 battles

About the reports not being shown, I sometimes think it's a matter of when you've been reported: if in-game or during the post-battle stats. Still not sure about which ones are each.

Salute.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,260 posts
31,816 battles

Well I have Karma around 140 and I can confirm that both positive and negative karma comes and goes without notification, occasionally they show up but probably less than 10-20%

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

It will only tell you that you've been reported if you get reported by 2 or more people. If only 1 it won't show you but will decrease the karma. 

Can't search for the source because my Internet is too bad. 

But it I remember correctly it's in one of the earliest posts about karma before it was implemented. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,850 posts
16,959 battles

karma.png

My karma counter works just fine. Git gud scrub. :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, why care about karma anyway? Afaik the only server that gives you rewards for having high karma is the RU one, for everyone else it's a meaningless number that doesn't represent anything.

• Cool 1

[-TFD-]
Players
17 posts
11,560 battles

Play very good, and you get reported more for cheating and such then you get compliments for doing well :cap_yes:

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

karma.png

On a more serious note, why care about karma anyway? Afaik the only server that gives you rewards for having high karma is the RU one, for everyone else it's a meaningless number that doesn't represent anything.

This must be a record of some sort.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
90 posts
8,899 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I was just wondering if your karma actually did something. I've just learned it's basically a counter with no meaning so, no, I don't care any more :)  But you know, I was worried that perhaps if it went into the negative numbers your account would get suspended or something like that. 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,914 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

karma.png

H4X!!1!11!!

[SLAPP]
Players
1,348 posts
7,655 battles
23 hours ago, callumwaw said:

Is it botched up or does it need some time to include the latest compliments?

ye its broken. i mean my karma always stays at 0 Clearly broken. 

but seriously tho ppl just report u because they can.

so have a good game get complimented by that 1 person  who actualy Knows what the freck is going on and saw u played a good battle.

meanwhile the enemy team just saw u at the top of the scoreboard and reported u because u killed them.

the whole system is broken. and really not that important annyhow.

[TTT]
Players
485 posts
10,997 battles

When I have a chat ban my karma usually climbs up to cca. 50, as I cannot insult stupid potatoes in game.

When the chat ban expires, and I can resume my "educative" mission, I work myself down to 0 again.

That is my natural cycle.

• Funny 1