You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TigerMoth

DD Player Forced to Play BB's to Get Citadels

67 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

I will be the first to admit, I am a complete noob in BB's and CV's. I hate playing both these categories and I am completely rubbish at both. Believe me, you really don't want me on your team when I am playing a CV or a BB. But, due to the requirements of certain missions I have to play both these categories. WG forcing people to play outside of their comfort zone, especially at high tiers, is not good for the game. I can see why they do it, make players have to complete mission 'x' in a tier 8 carrier and that player will buy a tier 8 carrier if they don't want to grind that class. It sucks. </2nd rant today>

• Boring 2

Players
677 posts
7,949 battles
2 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

I will be the first to admit, I am a complete noob in BB's and CV's. I hate playing both these categories and I am completely rubbish at both. Believe me, you really don't want me on your team when I am playing a CV or a BB. But, due to the requirements of certain missions I have to play both these categories. WG forcing people to play outside of their comfort zone, especially at high tiers, is not good for the game. I can see why they do it, make players have to complete mission 'x' in a tier 8 carrier and that player will buy a tier 8 carrier if they don't want to grind that class. It sucks. </2nd rant today>

If you are talking about permanent missions, then you can just replay a mission (just select already completed mission again). 

If you are talking about daily or weekly mission (like that French mission). Then nothing there, trust me nobody enjoyed those battles where I played Minekaze either. But generally yes, it would be nice when there would be more options.

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles

You can get Citadels in some DD or you could just use Cruisers. Nobody is forcing you to play BB. That was your decision.

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts

I dont like playing DDs but sometimes these missions make me take them out. 

You could play the Fiji. Good for citadels and you get smoke like a DD. 

Emile Bertin is a fast mf, getting lots of citadels in her.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,166 battles

You can citadel enemy cruisers (especially British i.e.) in a destroyer, if u r presented with a broadside.

You dont have to play a BB.

Also easily done in a cruiser.

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,324 battles

its infact easiest to get Citadels with destroyers. Its a common misconception that you cannot. My Blyskawica stands on a record of 19 citadels, all at 5-7km

It is however more difficult with Japanese Destroyers. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
34 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

You think you have a hard time with 10 citadels missions? Try to put yourself in my position - BB player who hate to play DD need 25 torpedo hits.

You can get citadels with eyes closed when playing BB or cruiser. my issue with torpedos, thats a real problem, especially if you dont have any DD exept Gaede.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
369 posts
1,516 battles

Have the same problem with 25 torpedo-hits. The only ship i own with torps is the god damn Tirpitz. 

So i either do suicide-missions with the Tirpitz or free XP a minekaze. None of which i look forward to i must say. 

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
1 minute ago, gravelbelly said:

Any tier 6 and above British Cruisers will give you citadels against other cruisers

And they have pretty mean torps.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
44 minutes ago, theta0123 said:

its infact easiest to get Citadels with destroyers.(...)

This is false. It's certainly POSSIBLE to get citadels in DDs and when you get to score them, there's a good chance you can get a lot of them (accurate guns, fast reload, low damage per citadel so the target doesn't die from one citadel-rich salvo). Problem is: it just happens in pretty specific situations that aren't too common. You can't actively seek citadeling opportunities AND do your job as a DD decently at the same time.

And when you wait for opportunities, you can end up waiting A LONG time.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,977 battles

Don't people realise the hole reason for the missions is to make people play different ships/classes/nations.

• Cool 9
  • Angry 1

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles

I get many more citadels with cruisers. Nürnberg/Makarov is awesome in getting citadels. So go for a cruiser and you will do it :) 

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
7,216 battles

Queen Elizabeth. Load AP,  trundle along, fire at anything, citadel it. Everything from a North Carolina to a Leander. But she likes Myoko best. A lovely Japanese cruiser which is about 3 miles long and has a tendency to go in straight lines at 30kts. At 10k or so range, the entire ship is a citadel. 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Gremy is fine to get citadels in as a DD, lots of cruisers in that MMspread to cit not every match but some fights you can get 5-7

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
413 posts

Don't worry or bother with the missions. Simples.
I can't hit Edited with torps so never bother doing the torp missions. Just redo any missions you can. Or don't bother like me. I only play CA's or Bb's as I hate CV's and am Edited in DD's. So most missions for me are a no no.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing.

[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles

Meh... Not long ago i got like 10 citadels on an enemy Neptune.

With Yugumo.

It can be done, but after all it`s not THAT hard to play battleships (surprising?) - just don`t go full broadside, and you`re going to be fine.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
3 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

Citadels in a BB...

Why don't you play cruisers?

the time you spend in firing and miss, you can fire several times and get citadels.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
12 hours ago, gautrek said:

Don't worry or bother with the missions. Simples.
I can't hit Edited  with torps so never bother doing the torp missions. Just redo any missions you can. 

What...?

What redo mission if there is no such option?

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
4 hours ago, theta0123 said:

its infact easiest to get Citadels with destroyers. Its a common misconception that you cannot. My Blyskawica stands on a record of 19 citadels, all at 5-7km

It is however more difficult with Japanese Destroyers. 

Akizuki and Harekaze can get citadels on broadside cruisers, especially the squishier ones. Did get to citadel a Chapayev once after it ran out of radar and presented broadside to the DD in smoke.

Otherwise, ships like Akatsuki can do citadel shots, but you better sit in smoke. It is a common misconception that these guns are garbage, but they mostly are bad in RoF and turret traverse. The ballistics are great though and just for hitting a citadel on a squishy cruiser, they are not worse than the floaty arc USN and RN boats. Best DDs for this would be the Russians though.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

I got 6 citadels in a game in a DD shooting AP to a carrier.