Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Corgi-fleet (NA-event), would you be interested to have it coming to EU?

Corgi Fleet, yay or nay?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like that the Corgi would visit the EU?

2. 2. Would you, in the case there is a Corgi-event, care to volunteer to be a Corgi, and see your "Priority-Target" reach 12 for most of the battle?

60 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,995 posts

NA currently has a new "season" of the Corgi-fleet event going on. Basically it boils down to this:

• Members of WG-staff, Community Contributors and volunteers from the playerbase sail around in random battles (across all tiers) in press-accounts, using the Corgi+number name.
  • If you encounter a Corgi on the opposing team, the hunt is on. The one who sinks the Corgi is awarded a small sum of doubloons (250), a commemorative flag, a random container, and 25 of the ESCL, Z, ZH, PP, IBT (economical) flags. Other seasons it was more doubloons, or more containers.
  • (sometimes there were small reward for the entire team the Corgi was on, if the corgi survived and that team won)

That's some unique community interaction we haven't seen (yet) on the EU. Would the playerbase enjoy such an event? Ofcourse such an event has an impact on the quality of gameplay due to the wild hunt, but since the event happens in the weekend, the quality of gameplay is already compromised. And at least it's not hunting down 20 Russian ships of T8 or higher, or scoring 90k torpedo damage in a single battle.

On NA, there are 250 Corgi-captains for this iteration, on 12.000 active players at any given time. For the EU, that would mean around 500/600 Corgi-captains.

giphy.gif?fingerprint=e1bb72ff597f542252

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,678 battles

Cuz we need even more players hunting down one enemy ship instead of playing the objective. Murican idea = stupid idea.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 2

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,417 posts
13,838 battles

Meh, why not. When I play a cruiser I see PT frequently reaching 6+ anyway. A couple more won't make much of a difference. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Poll is biased, because "Nay" is an affirmative.

And my answer is no.

All I can see this leading to is people dropping everything just to killchase that Corgi account. Randoms are bad enough as is but with an event that promotes stupid behaviour like that, no thank you.

• Cool 1

[2137]
Weekend Tester
290 posts
5,212 battles

Sounds like fun, count me in*.

* In case it actually happens

Players
766 posts
8,150 battles

Nope. In this case I'm all for the distinction between EU and US. The US also like to play their boardgames with dice, the filthy windowlickers.

Quality Poster
3,336 posts
8,378 battles

No. Too much focussed on killing a single player and thus deviating from the objective.

Change it to: Win a Game against a Corgi captain and I'm in.

Greetings

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles

Imo. something like this is fine; however, due to alot of players concerns (see above), I think WG should compensate for the possible losses. Perhaps make it impossible to lose credits on such a battle? That way everyone can have fun without having to worry about the consequences too much...

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
1 hour ago, gekkehenkie50 said:

Imo. something like this is fine; however, due to alot of players concerns (see above), I think WG should compensate for the possible losses. Perhaps make it impossible to lose credits on such a battle? That way everyone can have fun without having to worry about the consequences too much...

AFAIK Corgi captains on NA have access to a press account for the purpose of the event. They don't play under their own names but as " Corgi_Captain_??" where the ?? is a number.

So instead of shooting at Lert or iChase people are shooting at Corgi_Captain_104 and Corgi_Captain_148.

Beta Tester
3,907 posts
13,842 battles

I don't give a flying eff about an event, that happens at times when I'm not in the game (= evenings), but I'd volunteer to get my Kamikaze hunted by the whole enemy team... would be business as usual anyway :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles
26 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

AFAIK Corgi captains on NA have access to a press account for the purpose of the event. They don't play under their own names but as " Corgi_Captain_??" where the ?? is a number.

So instead of shooting at Lert or iChase people are shooting at Corgi_Captain_104 and Corgi_Captain_148.

I was talking about the other players in battle, as they had to 'suffer' under the possible yolo-rush etc etc

Players
7 posts
9,354 battles

I do not really care. But if they do i would like to volunteer as a captain. Would love to take a kurryfürst and going D on north, A on islands of ice or behind A islands on okinawa and makeing sure red team notices notices this early. 

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
6 minutes ago, gekkehenkie50 said:

I was talking about the other players in battle, as they had to 'suffer' under the possible yolo-rush etc etc

:fish_palm:

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not sure.. It would be like the start in an Atlanta or Des Moines...

Maybe if the team had to keep him alive and 'walk the Corgi' to the other side? That would require a new game mode though.

My credentials as a Corgi:

Spoiler

2min in. Only 2 ships on eastern flank.

shot-18.02.18_21.30.575jmk.jpg

Still haven't shot a single shell at them.

shot-18.02.18_21.31.05kjx2.jpg

6,5 min in. Safespot not found :(

shot-18.02.18_21.35.2hojgb.jpg

Sank soon after.

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Had the same nonsense in wot (courier). Breaks the game, as do nachi missions and the like. Best idea would be to reward the best players of both teams should a Corgi be present (maybe some RN stuff, because Queen Elizabeth? ).

Sign in to follow this