You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TigerMoth

30 seconds into the game and detonated

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Full health BB... Enemy CV kindly sent me a priority message via his planes... First torpedo hit and boom... fsck back to port, I fscking rage quit...

Thanks WG, I am going to go and do something more productive for a few hours.

• Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,635 posts

No sympathy....you openly claimed last week that you never use anti det flags and 'just sell them' in your last detonation whine. It's your own fault. :Smile_facepalm:

"I sell those bl**dy flags. GRrrrrrr I think that if I were to use them, I would save them for ranked or something other than random." Tigermoth 30th Jan 2018.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 21

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

No sympathy....you openly claimed last week that you never use anti det flags and just sell them in your last detonation whine. It's your own fault. :Smile_facepalm:

"I sell those bl**dy flags. GRrrrrrr I think that if I were to use them, I would save them for ranked or something other than random." Tigermoth 30th Jan 2018.

lolz

Context, making things even more amusing since... well... forever basically!

[LEGIO]
Players
605 posts
8,654 battles
42 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Full health BB... Enemy CV kindly sent me a priority message via his planes... First torpedo hit and boom... fsck back to port, I fscking rage quit...

Lot´s of detonations nowadays :P In almost every game there is one. Wierd 

[THROW]
Players
32 posts
13,019 battles

@TigerMoth 30 seconds into the game is virtually impossible, in regard to the time to start up the planes etc. don't tell lies :-P

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,358 posts
8,034 battles
30 minutes ago, JH_87 said:

@TigerMoth 30 seconds into the game is virtually impossible, in regard to the time to start up the planes etc. don't tell lies :-P

It is. He didn't say "30 sec from start of the game"! He just spoke from 30sec when he was into the game.

:Smile_child:

I assume, he was just a couple of minutes afk and thus got picked as first targed by the CV.

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,342 battles

Good news, especially for DDs - full-health detonation will be impossible as of 0.7.2. I can't remember the figures but you'll have to lose a chunk of health first.

[BBMM]
Players
939 posts
4,429 battles
2 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Good news, especially for DDs - full-health detonation will be impossible as of 0.7.2. I can't remember the figures but you'll have to lose a chunk of health first.

IIRC you'll need to be at 75% hp to activate detonations (i.e. lose a quarter of your starting hp), which might lead to some interesting balancing acts between losing enough health to make AR worthwhile but not so much that you risk detonation. :Smile_veryhappy:

I've mentioned before that I ran JC flags for ages on my Scharnhorst because I was detonated by a tier 9 BB shell that went in through the front. Now I accept that these things happen, it's what the R in RNG stands for ... Rage quit Number Generation. 

[BS4]
Players
1,108 posts
6,240 battles
1 hour ago, TigerMoth said:

:Smile_teethhappy: lol I feel your pain m8 this happened to me earlier...

ikGxdfc.jpg

S@*t Happens dude!

Take a chill pill come back later.

Players
739 posts
8,706 battles

In a game in the new french DD, 35k damage done and about 1 second before I get to torpedo a Konigsberg that wandered around an island 1.9 km away I get detonated. See, it's annoying whenever it happens.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: lol I feel your pain m8 this happened to me earlier...

ikGxdfc.jpg

S@*t Happens dude!

Take a chill pill come back later.

I'm not the dude, I'm Mr. Lebowsky. You are the dude! :D (It is reversed for a reason!)

Players
1,289 posts
7,527 battles

30 seconds it's just barely enough time to launch the first IJN torpedo bomber squad (which isn't from Kaga). And then a whole minute or so to reach the other side of the map where the enemy team is (and even more if the map it's a big one).

Altought, yeah. I have seen BBs blow up with a single torpedo, it's soo amusing. However that happens only once out of 100 battles or so.

PD: butt-rash.jpg?itok=Ig3lrH41&timestamp=14

Seems someone it's just "peachy" today...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
4 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

In 30 seconds most CVs won't even be able to get their planes into the air, nevermind covering the distance to your BB and actually dropping you. Anyway, welcome to the daily life of a DD that can be detonated from full hp by ANYTHING, not necessarily a torpedo :Smile_trollface:

Anyway, good news for you, from next patch you need to be below 75% hp to detonate :Smile-_tongue:

Weekend Tester
79 posts
3,367 battles

War gaming are removing the detonation mechanic from ships with more then 75% health from the next patch so beginning salvo detonations should no longer occur, that said it sounds like you'd have been killed anyway.

I don't mind detonations in the game, it's a true to life mechanic, we have numerous examples in history, Hood, Arizona etc.

[AAO]
Players
2,263 posts
11,116 battles
35 minutes ago, ThePluckyBrit said:

life mechanic, we have numerous examples in history, Hood, Arizona etc.

Interesting you quote two battleships... :Smile_sceptic:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,066 posts
8,587 battles
4 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Interesting you quote two battleships... :Smile_sceptic:

Bigger magazines, bigger everything in fact. Easier to hit.

Players
928 posts
14,695 battles

Saltiness at its best, but because the OP only sees the "fun and engaging" mechanic in a completely negative way. When you face it with a normal mood you just think "well, at least I've got some flags and another badge", and it can be even a reason for some laughs in chat: some months ago I was with my Takao and a red ARP Myoko poked me with a "traitor, I'm going after you" and I answered following the prank. Shortly after, a red DD popped out and I detonated him for First Blood, but the guy just wrote "damn ships of the fog and their laser cannons" instead of ruining the mood with some cursing.

6 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

Consider yourself fortunate, you were the one focused. I remember a battle with Ryujo, attacking a group of tier 5 and 6 BBs, where I sank the one I targeted (about half HP) and detonated another one (almost full HP) with a stray torpedo that missed the former. What do you think the latter would have though about that situation? And I've been detonated by every ship class and also in all but CVs (I still have to witness a CV detonation firsthand).

5 hours ago, principat121 said:

It is. He didn't say "30 sec from start of the game"! He just spoke from 30sec when he was into the game.

:Smile_child:

I assume, he was just a couple of minutes afk and thus got picked as first targed by the CV.

Yes, that's quite the point: he was AFK for any usual reason, the CV saw a static target that started moving (slow, still unable to manoeuvre to avoid a drop) and made the logical choice. A CV could reach and attack a capping DD in slightly more than a minute, so no less than two minutes for going against a BB under the most favourable circumstances (straight path to the directly approaching target, and with no air opposition).

There's also the recent laggy access to battle. As of lately it's unfortunate how many times the battle begins and people are still spawning. Not much of a problem when in a BB or CA/CL though, but for scouts or rapid response ships, like a DD to start moving when that second-line BB has already surpassed him, or a CV to have all the squads ready to go when the map has loaded (for those non-CV players, the planes, like your shells or torpedoes, have to be loaded at the very beginning, thus the 25-to-35-seconds delay for the first squadron to be in the air when the 10-seconds take-off is added)... Just consider the usual amount of blaming.

5 hours ago, MoveZig said:

Interesting, but it may still not save you from a detonation starting at full health. Consider this situation: you're spotted and focused, a couple of shells from one ship put you beyond the detonation-safe threshold, then half a second later a shell from another ship arrives and detonates you. Although that threshold could be considered as a way to simulate the progressive destruction/disabling of passive safety elements within the ship.

Salute to all.