You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Emblems and insignias huge success

48 comments in this topic

[NEKO]
Players
50 posts
5,391 battles

Utter crap by my opinion. Childish actually. Since those choices are so limited, crafting something actually unique is not that much possible. Also, lets assume you do craft yourself some flashy patch - except from looking a bit military (which 99% of the cases means horrible artwork btw) and flashy, means nothing. If you could design your own, reflecting something unique indeed, id say be interesting. Or include at least your own national colors or something. It was possible at WoT.

Exceptionally stupid is also that emblem showup when anyone sinks you. Zero information about your killer. DEFINITELY not a "personal message" they want to implement. More like showing a cheap fake police badge ...

I would understand, perhaps put it like suggestion also - if this deathscene insult to injury would to work as intended, do it like you have your killer name appearing + medal patches panel aside - like you see them at military uniforms. The biggest the admiral, the bigger and shinier hist chest is.

Current insignia system i really dislike and it angers me also that i cant turn them off ...

• Cool 2

Players
3,597 posts
7,320 battles
3 minutes ago, chahuru said:

You can switch them off? Which mod? Aslains?

yep.

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles
39 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Looks like 80-90% of the players have customized their emblem. WG must be satisfied with this turnout :Smile_Default:

:Smile_popcorn:

hBXow84.gif

Dude I'd rather they spent the time on designing some new maps....

or checking there updates and patches work correctly :cap_viking:

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
4 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

WG works in mysterious ways.

Maybe add something to the emblem to show you're active on the forum :cap_hmm: I'm pretty bad at recognizing forumites aside from the more known ones.

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles

Honestly they are so inconsequential, I do not understand how some of you can be so irritated by them. Complaining about their addition is to some extent reasonable, but at the same time is hilariously comparable to something like, "why did they devote and waste dev time to giving captains different appearances in port?" or "why did they devote and waste dev time adding different voice effects for different nations?".

It is all just fluff, I'm not going to deny that. But not every little update is going to be a content bomb. If something fluffy like these patches gets added as a side-grade to performance updates and bug fixes, is the game worse off?

That said, pissing and moaning about seeing them after getting blapped is grade-A comedic gold. Are some really so thin-skinned as to blow a fuse when shown that yes indeed, an enemy ship has destroyed you, in a game about destroying ships?

• Cool 6

[TOAST]
Players
1,991 posts
25,644 battles

WG's master-plan from Day 1 included lots of promises, how many did they class as a success?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,965 battles

The icons are another feature which makes me wonder whether WG actually spends more than ten minutes designing something. E.g. the current icons are rather pointless, featureless - almost "clip art" -  and unrelated to the game in many ways. What is there point? Who wants some generic symbol?

However, if it has been decided that players ought to have some symbol to personalise their account then why not use the ones which are actually related to the naval historical content of the game and which are far more likely to have some meaning for players. I.e. why not use the emblems that are already in the game in the collections???!!!

Do I want a meaningless symbol on a meaningless background - or would I prefer to use the ship's crest of HMS Hood, or the John Cattling Trawler (Dunkirk), or Cardinal Richelieu's flamboyant coat of arms?

• Cool 3

[WRATH]
Players
74 posts
12,708 battles

I want cancer with sky as background so i can switch to that when playing cvs just for memes

wg pls make it happend

• Funny 2

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,536 battles

Well do not care about it all hope that my vanilla emblem says it all!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles
7 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

hBXow84.gif

Different development teams.

Map design, etc. aren't the same people doing UI. And by all means, if a bored UI team was the reason we got that craptastic division chat window then I'm all in about keeping those guys busy with emblems and whatnot.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,831 battles
7 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

WG works in mysterious ways.

Maybe add something to the emblem to show you're active on the forum :cap_hmm: I'm pretty bad at recognizing forumites aside from the more known ones.

Would be easy if we just chose a really ugly emblem that all the forumites would use... so ugly, that nobody else would use it... :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
79 posts
2,853 battles

I don't see how a bit of personalisation is a bad thing, I quite like the idea and I like the fact emblems are awarded for achievements in game.

• Cool 1