You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Neighbours..the map that just wont go away!

8 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
765 posts
5,156 battles

Dear god how many times does this map appear in tiers V-VII.

Is it just me? Am I unlucky or does this Map repeat over and over again for anybody else as well? ITS like every game or every other game when in Tier VI +VII.:cap_viking:

WG please look at the map rotation its making the game, IMO very stale and a bit boring when you play the same map over and over.

Thanks for listening.

ps. waaay to many islands on your maps now...encourages camping/hiding instead of engaging the enemy too. May I suggest time to change things up a little due to the current bad habits employed by new players coming in to the game. The removal of some island's I think would help.:cap_like:

• Cool 3

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Had a battle on "Ocean" once about two weeks back.  First time in an age.  Was very refreshing.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
737 posts
6,311 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Had a battle on "Ocean" once about two weeks back.  First time in an age.  Was very refreshing.

I had my first in Ocean in aaaages a few weeks ago. I remember hating it in lower tiers but I like it now.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles
3 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Dear god how many times does this map appear in tiers V-VII.

Is it just me? Am I unlucky or does this Map repeat over and over again for anybody else as well? ITS like every game or every other game when in Tier VI +VII.:cap_viking:

WG please look at the map rotation its making the game, IMO very stale and a bit boring when you play the same map over and over.

Thanks for listening.

ps. waaay to many islands on your maps now...encourages camping/hiding instead of engaging the enemy too. May I suggest time to change things up a little due to the current bad habits employed by new players coming in to the game. The removal of some island's I think would help.:cap_like:

Lack of islands is what leads to camping. See high tier maps.

You have less camping on low and mid tier maps, because you can get closer with cover.

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,160 battles
3 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Last time i had that map was almost two years now :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
765 posts
5,156 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Lack of islands is what leads to camping. See high tier maps.

You have less camping on low and mid tier maps, because you can get closer with cover.

I see what your saying in a way but it seems to be giving new players who are afraid to engage and people afraid to scratch there paintwork a opportunity to hide much too much. Also I've lost count how many times I couldn't launch torps and get a juicy BB kill (or any torp kill) because....you guessed it there's another island in the way etc. Its starting to get to me a bit...

BLVbEax.gif

"oh lord That's such a sweet broadside...no wait he's gone behind an island..."

come on you know that feeling right?:Smile_teethhappy:

It all feels very chaotic, no fluidity...messy.

Too many Island's IMO.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
3 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I had my first in Ocean in aaaages a few weeks ago. I remember hating it in lower tiers but I like it now.

Had a match on Ocean twice yesterday, once in Baltimore once in Kutuzov, deleted from full health by a single salvo from an un-spotted Montana in the Kutuzov game while the friendly BB's camped the A line.

The Neighbours map does appear an awful lot at T5-8 games, you would think that people would learn how to play it. 

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles
18 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I see what your saying in a way but it seems to be giving new players who are afraid to engage and people afraid to scratch there paintwork a opportunity to hide much too much. Also I've lost count how many times I couldn't launch torps and get a juicy BB kill (or any torp kill) because....you guessed it there's another island in the way etc. Its starting to get to me a bit...

BLVbEax.gif

"oh lord That's such a sweet broadside...no wait he's gone behind an island..."

come on you know that feeling right?:Smile_teethhappy:

It all feels very chaotic, no fluidity...messy.

Too many Island's IMO.

That is where skill comes in.

You know where to be to get the good shots off. You know which islands give you cover against most of the enemy enemy team while allowing you to shoot at the rest of the enemy team.

Islands also allow to you get closer and get your torps off without the enemy being able to spot them in time. Do not just see the disadvantages, focus on the advantages.

Without cover you stay back or the enemy might focus you and delete you from the match in under a minute. Just one island might give you the opportunity to change direction without getting broadsided and sailing back to the team and survive. Try that on ocean...