You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kaleston

Nuked by CV - no rewards

111 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
14 posts
6,629 battles

Ok I was first to be unlucky to get attention of CV in this battle. CV was lucky and my AA gunners were drunk/sleeping.

The result:

image.thumb.png.f83b3232736323fae0a2e64766a78679.png

So victory bonus gone... flags consumed, 170k in repairs with no income from battle at all.

CV was lucky and I was unlucky and that's fine. But it's not my fault I was not able to participate in battle....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
1,767 posts
12,117 battles

Why on earth would a CV strike a Baltimore as first target? Interesting tactics.

The fact that he succeeded surprises me even more....

In the end, same as getting nuked by one BB volley early on I guess. Bad things happen. Start another game.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,504 posts

How did the CV manage to strike you before you had the minimum game interaction to gain XP?

I have seen DDs die within the first two minutes, without firing a single shot, yet still earning at least a few XP.

I would like to see the detail match screen to know how long the CV needed to sink you.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
191 posts
2,554 battles

Was you AFK?

It looks like the enemy CV spotted you as AFK, Alone.

Do you have any more screenshots of the battle results?

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,147 battles

Usually you get xp for shooting planes down, you got 2 of them, it wouldn't be much, but Id still expect ''something', for that.

• Cool 1

Players
576 posts
4,698 battles

I don't see how a Balti could only shoot down 2 planes from an equal tier CV. No way in hell you had defensive AA up either. This whole thing is kinda suss and screams that you were horribly out of position but hey, I could be wrong.

Look at it this way, only 8 more planes and you complete your Bofors mission eh?

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
14 posts
6,629 battles

No defensive AA (I very rarely meet CVs... and most would avoid baltimore anyway, and that hydro saved me a few times)

No I was not AFK.

image.thumb.png.12945a2e810e0716eef045c8671dda3d.png

I'm not really upset with CV nuking me. As I said, that's fine. I would at least expect the minimum reward, not 0.

I guess it was just coincidence that Taiho sent her torp bombers exactly in my direction so I died too fast.

• Cool 1

Players
3,592 posts
7,312 battles
25 minutes ago, Kaleston said:

No defensive AA (I very rarely meet CVs... and most would avoid baltimore anyway, and that hydro saved me a few times)

No I was not AFK.

image.thumb.png.12945a2e810e0716eef045c8671dda3d.png

I'm not really upset with CV nuking me. As I said, that's fine. I would at least expect the minimum reward, not 0.

I guess it was just coincidence that Taiho sent her torp bombers exactly in my direction so I died too fast.

Did you quit to port before the ship was lost?  That's the only reason I can think of for you to get 0 XP.

• Cool 1

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
14 posts
6,629 battles

Nope I waited properly for torps to kill me (hoping maybe, just maybe some miracle may happen :D).

It's probably jsut a bug and combination of coincidences.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

Did you quit to port before the ship was lost?  That's the only reason I can think of for you to get 0 XP.

This is what happened. 

Players
68 posts
5,652 battles

I witnessed the same thing on friday. A Chung Mu went into a cap and smoked up because he got spottet by an incoming air strike. Well the Lexington torped the smoke and he died. Poor guy went home with zero rewards, despite obviously not being AFK. 
Sadly any form of automated AFK detection, that is not super easy to fool with rudimentary bot programs, is bound to produce false positives once in a while...

[UNICS]
Players
2,880 posts
12,093 battles
7 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Odd. But still. Playing an AA cruisers without defAA. 

okay.gif.ce74807c44d3730b4ee97f3690767755.gif

Idk.. after x number of battles without cvs and when in the odd cv game, he's avoiding you like the plague for some reason, you start questioning the decision to pick def AA. Deep water torps are starting to make the choice a bit more interesting too.

The 0xp I didn't even know was a thing for just afks.. I think I've gotten it sometimes too without thinking twice about it.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,310 battles
16 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Odd. But still. Playing an AA cruisers without defAA. 

okay.gif.ce74807c44d3730b4ee97f3690767755.gif

a few days ago i nuked an Izumo from full hp in the first 2 minutes of the game.

He had a DM sort of close to him (long range AA was hitting my planes).

That DM did not have defAA and he shot down maybe 1 plane...

I felt quite sorry for the Izumo and apologized to him when he got angry in chat. But he was nowhere near allies except that DM, and apparently that DM was ... lets say not the brightest player.

Though my DM is also not fitted for AA anymore because of clan battles.

I've always felt like the MM should make sure there is always one CV present. That way there is more of a reason to spec for AA, because I do understand people not doing that. Game balance man, WG can't do it.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles

>AA cruiser

>no AA spec

>no Def-AA as well

>"not my fault I got sunk by CV"

>did nothing in battle

>"why am I getting no reward for that?"

:fish_panic:

• Funny 5

[ADRIA]
Players
4,214 posts
6,775 battles
3 hours ago, Kaleston said:

No I was not AFK.

You failed to cover the minimum movement distance / minimum damage requirement in the time that it took for the CV to launch his planes, find you and drop you

Yes you were AFK, thus this is 100% your own fault. Unless, of course, you can provide us with a replay showing how you definitely were not AFK for the first few min :cap_hmm:

As for AA - not sure if AFKs AA guns even work, I'd guess they don't

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles

Play tier 10 Cruiser, use def AA, still get one shot by tier 9-10 CVs.

Whoever said this was a rock paper scissors game lmao

Im a cruiser main, and if I could play randoms without CVs in the matchmaking Id play that any day of the week. 

Sure whenever what happened to OP happens it sucks, but whats even worse is the fact that if its a CV matchup, literally every BB, CA and DD has automatically less impact on the game and instead that impact is all put in the hands of the CV players. Not only that but the fact alone that CVs force CA players to give up Hydro is super unbalanced in itself.

Ive never played as much cruiser as Ive done lately, but damn Ive never hated high tier CVs more than I do now.

• Cool 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Affeks sagte:

Play tier 10 Cruiser, use def AA, still get one shot by tier 9-10 CVs.

WASD-Hacks help against oneshots ;)

Vor 6 Minuten, Affeks sagte:

Not only that but the fact alone that CVs force CA players to give up Hydro is super unbalanced in itself.

But it's ok when DDs force you to take Hydro and give up Def-AA? :cap_hmm:

Btw: if you want to keep hydro and still be useful against CVs, play Minotaur.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

WASD-Hacks help against oneshots ;)

Very helpful, wasd only really helps when CV is absolute garbage or only puts enemy planes in your aura for a little longer. That is usually not close to enough to stop certain demise.

10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

But it's ok when DDs force you to take Hydro and give up Def-AA? :cap_hmm:

I dont know if youre aware that hydro works on BBs and cruisers as well? Youre not even trying here you literally mention Minotaur as well cmon.

I mean even ignoring that, you meet DDs every game. And were not talking a single DD, usually 2-5 right? 

CV on the other hand? Well you meet ONE every 2-3 matches, but THATS ENOUGH TO WARRANT GIVING UP HYDRO.

Give up something that works on 2-5 enemies every game?

or give up something that works on 1 enemy every 2-3 games?

Seems like its obvious to pick Hydro then? No wrong because unlike CVs, DDs have counterplay and is actually not completely garbage unbalanced.

Try harder please

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,033 battles
22 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Whoever said this was a rock paper scissors game lmao

Right now it's a game where Lesta tries to make the game dumb enough so that window lickers spend money on bloated bundles with P2W ships.

22 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Sure whenever what happened to OP happens it sucks, but whats even worse is the fact that if its a CV matchup, literally every BB, CA and DD has automatically less impact on the game and instead that impact is all put in the hands of the CV players. Not only that but the fact alone that CVs force CA players to give up Hydro is super unbalanced in itself.

Bingo. A game with a CV is less enjoyable than a game without one, because a CV can limit a player's ability to influence the game to almost 0. Getting perma spotted in a DD by airplanes or one shot killed as a CL/CA is fun only for the CV player and no one else.

And it's not about adapting to CVs as often time you have no ability to counter one, especially when focused down.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

Bingo. A game with a CV is less enjoyable than a game without one, because a CV can limit a player's ability to influence the game to almost 0. Getting perma spotted in a DD by airplanes or one shot killed as a CL/CA is fun only for the CV player and no one else.

I hear so many CV players say "Just stack your AA or use an AA build" as an argument that carriers have counterplay, but that itself makes the non-CV players either give up tons of useful commander skills giving them a clear disadvantage against everything else or forces players to play defensively and have less impact in a way that DDs, BBs and Cruisers cant freely move around the map or flank.

If anything close to CV would exist in any real competitive e-sport ready game it would have been an uproar of the likes we havent ever seen.

• Cool 1