You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkullBreaker007

Should I start IJN BB's line

11 comments in this topic

Question

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles

Hey now that I have been olaying us bb's for quite a while I am about to get the tier vii bb colarado( havent heard good things about it)

So far the USN BB's have been somewhat disappointing except for New Mexico. Now after a ling time as im just about to get Colarado I hear its probably the worst US bb.

Im thinking of checking out the japanese battleship line and hear it has some nice midtier bs . I just have 2 questions

1. Is it better for now to focus on US bbs and get to iowa or montana or shoild I start checking the ijn bbs?

2. A dumb question but I have the ishizuchi battleship does that mean I can research kongo ir do I have to get myogi for that. I dont have access to my PC so I cant check out.

10 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, SkullBreaker007 sagte:

1. Is it better for now to focus on US bbs and get to iowa or montana or shoild I start checking the ijn bbs?

Neither of these is "better". It's a game and you can do what you want ^^

I liked both BB lines and Colorado is actually pretty good. (But still slow).

With North Carolina you will get a huge upgrade in terms of speed.

But checking out other lines is always a good idea, because knowing your enemy helps a lot in battle.

Vor 5 Minuten, SkullBreaker007 sagte:

2. A dumb question but I have the ishizuchi battleship does that mean I can research kongo ir do I have to get myogi for that. I dont have access to my PC so I cant check out.

You need Myogi. Ishizuchi is a premium ship and doesn't count for researching new ships. But if you have dubloons, you may convert free XP from Ishizuchi to research Kongo without having Myogi.

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

First, in my opinion, the Colorado is not as bad as rumored, although it did receive a small nerf to gun accuracy for no obvious reason. In addition, once you get by the Colorado, things only get better.

IJN BBs...well, not sure what to say. Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, i quite like(d) them. Yamato has a reputation of it´s own, but Izumo was and still appears one hell of a gaming experience, and biting through a tier 9 ship will be much harder than passing the tier 7 Colorado.

Owning the Ishizuchi means, you have a ship to train your IJN captains, but it will not allow you to skip Kawashi and Myogi. You have to grind through them aswell...

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, Vaderan said:

First, in my opinion, the Colorado is not as bad as rumored, although it did receive a small nerf to gun accuracy for no obvious reason. In addition, once you get by the Colorado, things only get better.

IJN BBs...well, not sure what to say. Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, i quite like(d) them. Yamato has a reputation of it´s own, but Izumo was and still appears one hell of a gaming experience, and biting through a tier 9 ship will be much harder than passing the tier 7 Colorado.

Owning the Ishizuchi means, you have a ship to train your IJN captains, but it will not allow you to skip Kawashi and Myogi. You have to grind through them aswell...

Thanks could you telk me more about what do you mean having a ship to train commanders?

[OM]
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, SkullBreaker007 sagte:

Thanks could you telk me more about what do you mean having a ship to train commanders?

It's usually the best tactic to take a captain, use it on a ship, research the next ship and then take that captain on the next ship. You will have a good captain in higher tiers which makes playing more comfortable.

But a captain can be assigned to only one ship at the same time. When you put him on the next ship, he needs to retrain there. In this retrain phase, his skills are weakened to 50% (or completely blocked for those that don't have 50% effect).

A premium ship has the advantage that captains don't need to be retrained on them and always use 100% of their skills.

Now you can take the captain to the next ship, activate the retrain phase, put him on the premium ship, farm enough exp to complete the retrain phase for the next silver ship and then use him there.

Another advantage is that you can use daily first-win bonues on multiple ships with the same captain, giving him even more XP.

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It's usually the best tactic to take a captain, use it on a ship, research the next ship and then take that captain on the next ship. You will have a good captain in higher tiers which makes playing more comfortable.

But a captain can be assigned to only one ship at the same time. When you put him on the next ship, he needs to retrain there. In this retrain phase, his skills are weakened to 50% (or completely blocked for those that don't have 50% effect).

A premium ship has the advantage that captains don't need to be retrained on them and always use 100% of their skills.

Now you can take the captain to the next ship, activate the retrain phase, put him on the premium ship, farm enough exp to complete the retrain phase for the next silver ship and then use him there.

Another advantage is that you can use daily first-win bonues on multiple ships with the same captain, giving him even more XP.

Thanks alot.

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

One last thing if the commander is being trained on my ship does he get more commander xp in premium ships if not why do we train him using premium ships if he gets the same commander xp per battle as the previous non premium ship?

[OM]
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, SkullBreaker007 sagte:

One last thing if the commander is being trained on my ship does he get more commander xp in premium ships if not why do we train him using premium ships if he gets the same commander xp per battle as the previous non premium ship?

He gets the same XP, but on the non-premium ship his abilities are reduced, making him weaker and therefore reducing your combat power. Which usually leads to having not so good games with less XP

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

He gets the same XP, but on the non-premium ship his abilities are reduced, making him weaker and therefore reducing your combat power. Which usually leads to having not so good games with less XP

Okay thanks bro do u have a clan I could join?

[OM]
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, SkullBreaker007 sagte:

Okay thanks bro do u have a clan I could join?

My clan is german-only, so I guess not :Smile_sad:

But I'm sure you can find a good clan here: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/508-clan-recruitment/