Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RubyCookies

Team Communication

13 comments in this topic

[CIRC]
Players
36 posts
2,956 battles

I'm trying to understand the average weekend players thought process is. Someone on the team says go B+C flags and the DD says "No I'm going A" after the entire team has started going to the first mentioned points, only for the DD to die at A and blame the team for "No support". 4 games like this today, I'm just baffled at why they would throw away their ship and the game trying to solo cap against the entirety of the enemy team, they clearly understand what the team member said, they could see what the team were doing on the mini map. Sorry for the rant but going from amazing teams yesterday to this complete mess today has just turned my brain to mush...

What is it with weekend players that don't understand basic team communication? They clearly understand what has been said when they acknowledge in team chat and disregard what the team is doing anyway

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

Firstly enough with this weekend BS cause it makes no difference now a days whether its the weekend or not. I've played enough to see that weekend or weekdays make no difference anymore.

Secondly let the DD call the shot, unless they're going somewhere way off. Afterall they're the ones who are doing the capping not you. Your role at the start is to support them in your CA, BB or CV. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

This is the real problem: The bot programmers haven't quite perfected the art of reacting to team communication. I think you should cut them some slack, mind. They seem to do a better job of programming than WG devs :Smile-_tongue:

[CIRC]
Players
36 posts
2,956 battles
6 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Firstly enough with this weekend BS cause it makes no difference now a days whether its the weekend or not. I've played enough to see that weekend or weekdays make no difference anymore.

Secondly let the DD call the shot, unless they're going somewhere way off. Afterall they're the ones who are doing the capping not you. Your role at the start is to support them in your CA, BB or CV. 

That's terrible logic, so if the team has already agreed to cap 2 areas at the start of the game and began to move to those caps to support the other DD's that actually went there, we should stop what we're doing and go help that 1 DD that decided to lone wolf it and died within the first 2 minutes of the game?

[AAO]
Players
400 posts
7,144 battles

I never support ppl going to bad caps no matter ship, unless i have nothing else to shoot. Maeby after hundreds of deaths they learn to play with 99% of other players. 

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles
28 minutes ago, SPGGUNNER said:

I'm trying to understand the average weekend players thought process is.

aaaaaand there's your mistake... assuming the average WoWS player has any thought processes at all! :Smile_trollface:

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,905 battles
1 hour ago, Guillotine said:

I never support ppl going to bad caps no matter ship, unless i have nothing else to shoot. Maeby after hundreds of deaths they learn to play with 99% of other players. 

I applaud your optimisim, misguided as it may be.

Players
2,246 posts
14,319 battles
2 hours ago, SPGGUNNER said:

... Someone on the team says go B+C flags and the DD says...

I usually ignore what people say in Random, because I doubt these arm chair admirals know how I should play my DDs.  Too often they want DDs to go ahead of them and protect them or spot so they can camp, regardless if it is wise for the DD.

Now if another ship on my team say they are doing something, I give it consideration.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,374 posts
4,167 battles
4 hours ago, SPGGUNNER said:

That's terrible logic, so if the team has already agreed to cap 2 areas at the start of the game and began to move to those caps to support the other DD's that actually went there, we should stop what we're doing and go help that 1 DD that decided to lone wolf it and died within the first 2 minutes of the game?

So the team decide where the DD should go ( BB who camp far behind and CA who will mostly give no support, or CV which sent his planes elsewhere )?

I think the DD decide where he will go or even if he will cap or not!

If the team will have a point capped maybe it should do it but don't give the DD any orders!

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles

Well, it's not just on the weekend this happens and it's not just DDs that do that (ignore the talk at the start to which caps).

Last week there was a division of Italian Cruisers in a T8 game that decided to go to A as a group while the DDs had gone to B and C (as per chat).  Well, two of the cruisers were sunk fairly soon and the Tirpitz did not do very well at all either.  The only thing that was different was that I did not see any complaints from them so maybe they realized that they'd messed up.

During the week in another T8 game, this time a domination game on Two Brothers, there were 2 Tirpitz in a division (both were in the same clan) who did not move form the cap for about 5 minutes until they decided to sail down the middle.   At that stage we had pushed the enemy back on one flank (we had dealt with one DD and the other one was mauled so they were being cautious) but on the other the enemy did not advance.  The result was that the two Tirpitz did not last very long when they emerged to cap the enemy spawn base.  We lost of course.

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles
5 hours ago, SPGGUNNER said:

Then don't bother about him. F9 him once or ask him not to go alone if he does and die just ignore the rant. Which is also why I said this:

5 hours ago, pra3y said:

so no no terrible logic there. But don't be too fast too judge some of the dds though. For example if I'm in my DD and I spawn near an isolated cap I'll try and cap it if I can do it stealthily, if not I'll just run off, no support needed and not gonna contest.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,563 battles

Well, people are stupid.

Some 49% potato was raging at me and reporting me for being a bot and "a stupid monkey" after he told me to cap C at the start of the match ... in my Khabarovsk. The C cap which was swarming with aircraft. The C cap which happened to attract half the enemy team as it turned out.

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,864 battles
7 hours ago, SPGGUNNER said:

What is it with weekend players that don't understand basic team communication? They clearly understand what has been said when they acknowledge in team chat and disregard what the team is doing anyway

There' several things wrong with your base position:

1. There is no such thing as "team communication" unless you play in Clan Battles. I would bet that >80% of the players in all other battles don't look at the chat except right at the start.
  2. Just because some potato BB says "let's all go to a/b that doesn't mean it is really the best tactic for the map/situation. Especially in the case of DDs just "going with the sheeples" usually isn't a good course of action.
    You might rather think of it as "Go to where the DDs go, but never eat the yellow snow!"
  3. Battles are not lost because of one ( ! 1 ! ) DD going to the wrong cap, but because of the other 11 not going for their target hard enough. If that one ( ! 1 ! ) DD fails to take his cap and gets sunk, that is not really problematic. But when 11 ( ! 11 ! ) ships manage to fail to take a cap, with usually 3 or 4 of them getting sunk, then the feces hit the ventilator...

Sign in to follow this