Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bellegar

Shell splashes

Shell splashes  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which shell splashes do you prefer?

• The present splashes on the live server
    • The new splashes currently tested on the test server
    • I don't care/I don't know

8 comments in this topic

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,038 posts

So now that we're testing faster shell splashes on the PTS, I thought it would be interesting to see how many of us forumites want the new or old splashes.

WG seems to think a change is necessary due to negative feedback on the present splashes, but a lot of people in the PTS section are saying they prefer the old ones. So a poll, to see what's actually the general opinion on this.

Share your reasoning below :Smile_honoring:

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,038 posts

I'll start by voting for the current splashes. The new ones feel too much sped up, like the game's playing on 1.25x speed.

And I don't see the problem with the current splashes. Yes, view sometimes gets blocked, well then hold your fire for a second. It's not like your dpm will drop that much.

Besides, if a target gets focussed down this much, I don't mind it having this teeny tiny advantage. With that magnitude of incoming fire, it deserves it.

• Cool 3

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i prefer old old ones. before the ones in current live server. i with shells splashing and fire burning i can lose sight of enemy ship for 4-5 seconds even though he is "visible"... yes current special effects are pretty to look at, but they are not practical for the game...

idk about test server though...

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,878 battles
6 hours ago, robihr said:

i prefer old old ones. before the ones in current live server. i with shells splashing and fire burning i can lose sight of enemy ship for 4-5 seconds even though he is "visible"... yes current special effects are pretty to look at, but they are not practical for the game...

idk about test server though...

I agree, would prefer the old splashes.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,031 posts
16,217 battles
21 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I agree, would prefer the old splashes.

Already mod included in Aslain pack ;-) Those old visuals are the best.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

I have been waiting for this mod for long.... but I sense it will get removed pretty soon.

Sign in to follow this