You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gewjojo

FML

14 comments in this topic

[CIRC]
[CIRC]
Players
2 posts
543 battles

Really, just.. FML. So I know tactics and I know angling and all that sort of stuff, strategy wise I'd say I am an above average player however I am still way too busy grinding ships and haven't gotten to tier 8 yet and thus i stand no chance of getting that Montana or anything else for the clan battle stuff which in my opinion is kinda BS. I get that it is unwise to give absolute noobs a chance at Tier 10 but I feel like clans should decide for themselves who they allow to play with them. I would like to one day join clan battles but with tier 5/6 ships that's not really available for me yet and getting that Monty for example (I play BBs mostly) would really help me out.

Players
1,423 posts
13,052 battles

Get to tier 8 like everyone else. Then you can play CB with the ships that are provided to you. 

Getting to T8 is not hard. 

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,612 posts
5,167 battles

Well, you could power level up to 8 (NOT recommended, choose 1 line and only play those ships while maximising xp gain through flags, cammo and premium account), or play enough to grind up to it - but please, do not be too hasty, learn the game properly so that you can actually contribute to the clan wars team that you want to join and not be a liability.

This season will not be the last, and there were only a handful of weeks between the first clan wars and the current one, so you won't have long to wait for the next one if you miss out on this one.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles

You do have the option of buying a Premium T8 ship, if you *must* have access to the T10 rentals; if you aren't a re-roll, I would urge you not to though - even though your WR is rather better than mine, I suggest that 335 battles (at time of writing) is a bit soon for T10. Others might put it a bit more vehemently than that...

You don't need the high tier ships to join a clan though - the elite clans have minimum entry requirements, but there are others that don't. The ship requirements only kick in if you want to participate in clan battles.

I would urge some patience though: if you grind your way to T8 the conventional way (or maybe T7, and then buy a premium), you'll be a lot more use to whichever clan you join (beyond generating oil via containers), plus you'll probably have the stats to support entry into a more competitive clan, if you're into that.

WOWS is rather slower-paced in terms of advancement than many other games; patience is more or less a requirement...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles

Addendum: if you get to T8, and then use a rental, you will still be at a disadvantage - the rental T10 ships can't mount camouflage (plus, the chances are higher that you won't have a suitable high-point captain yet)...

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,779 posts
10,685 battles
1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

There is only one BB per team in clan battles, good luck finding a clan who looks for a BB only player.

...AND is going to let their only BB be rental, played by someone who doesn't have ANY normal t10 (and actually struggled to even get their hand on rentals in the first place)...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles

I agree with Verblonde - the lack of high point captain (19 point) at TX can make a big difference.

[TOAST]
Players
1,994 posts
25,653 battles

@gewjojo Be patient brother, with patience come virtue and skills needed for those T10 ships.

Keep grinding those US ships, Cleveland and NY, you will gain vital experience from these and succeeding ships.

Good luck on your road to future clan battles.

[CIRC]
[CIRC]
Players
2 posts
543 battles
3 hours ago, JapLance said:

338 battles.

Intention of playing clan battles...

FACEPALM

What? I can have ambitions!

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

I don't think they should have allowed this getting Tier X ships you've not unlocked malarkey in the first place. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,779 posts
10,685 battles
26 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I don't think they should have allowed this getting Tier X ships you've not unlocked malarkey in the first place. 

I wouldn't go that far - but I think if they really wanted CW to be tX, then the rentals should probably require a tX battle, not t8 one. So you could make up for not grinding the "correct" lines, but not skip two tiers...

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

I honestly dont see the problem on rentals even if they gave it after a game on tier 1, you can not use them on any other mode than CWs, so it's a clan business if they want to bring a new player to CWs or not. They only "hurt" themselves giving the enemy an easier win. Just let people have fun derping on tier X ships against other similar clans. Until the repair cost hits :cap_haloween: