Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Obsessive_Compulsive

CBT has returned please sum up the last 2 years.

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
29 posts
1,008 battles

I recently returned to the game and started trying to learn the game once again in my love/hate Campbeltown

I have noticed changes to team damage system ( it used to remove hp from your own ship) not really noticed much else. Can someone sum up the most important changes of the last year perhaps.

Secondly British cruisers or battleships? and why? thank you.

Players
69 posts
6,405 battles

British BB are cool if you want to burn everyone. The cruiserline are like German cruiser light very squisie

Sum up the changes that is way too much to write it al down even only the last year. My advise just start an line that should be enough.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles

Rolling downhill, nice and steady...

RN CA - not noob friendly. RN BB - very noob friendly. Make your choice.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,573 battles

Welcome back.

What did seduce you to come back to this game? (just curious)

You would be surprised how many threads that are exactly like yours were opened in the past few months. Just use the searchfunktion there are some very helpful and good reads among them.

The Teamdamagesystem didn't change as far as I know and you WILL do damage to yourself if you overdo it (turn into a pinkie - and reflecting damage including DoT like fires and floods).

For your question about RN i would idealy say none of them.

RN CLs are very hard to play and demand enhanced skill to not completly suck but are very rewarding if you can use them correct. (not that "beginner" friendly)

RN BBs are the complete opposite. While bafflingly easy to play (it is very hard to punish you for your mistakes in those) and rewarding even for low skill investment (just load HE and you're good if you hit somewhat consistently) they teach bad habbits especially if you plan on playing cruisers or IJN BBs later down your carreer.

But that is your call.

Edit: also nothing stops you from reading all those patchnotes..... they are all there just search for it.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

Stealth firing is gone. Now you allways bloom up to your maximum range.

Smokefiring now creates a bloom that makes impossible for battleships to do it, almost impossible for heavy cruisers, workable for light cruisers and barely a problem for DDs.

Radar was introduced, ships have a consumable that lets the spot anything up a certain radius for some time. Works over smoke, works over islands, works over anything. You'll have to learn which ships have radar, their duration and their radius as it widely varies.

AA is much atronger as it was before. Focus of the heavy AA damage passes from medium range guns to long range guns which makes the job of a CV much more difficult. All kinds of ships have AA barrage now, even CVs thenselves (to prevent CV sniping). You'll have to look up which ships have AA barrage besides cruisers.

HE spam was heavily nerfed. HE shells now shatter if the thickness of the armor where the shell lands is greater than calliber_of_the_shell/6 your chances of making a fire remain the same.

Take a good look at the captain skills because they have been totally revamped and there are new ones. Situational Awareness is now available automatically to everyone.

There are plenty of other small changes here and there but game wide I think these have been the most significant. 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
29 posts
1,008 battles

Thank you for taking the time to respond advice taken on-board( oh the puns potential)

I am and will read this forum for more info and advice!

to answer why I came back.. I am a vet of tanks and my reaction times are not what they were so a slower pace is more welcome that and a friend suggested I return. Also I do like ships quite a lot and I gave up on the game previously because I simply did not have time for 2.

thanks again!

Beta Tester
369 posts
1,516 battles

I´m in a similar boat and one thing that really struck me was the availability of flags and camos. Back in the day you had to be a really solid player to consistently run flags and camo on your ship. 

Like you only got XP flags from confederate i think and that´s not easy to get consistently, at least for me. 

Back then a 15 point captain meant you had to grind. These days you slap on a +333% flag and you have a 19 point captain in no time,

So mainly the grind today is nothing like it was in the early days :)

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,444 battles

Nice to see some of the old guard coming back.... we remaining CBTers have been keeping the pilot light burning for you all !

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,396 posts
8,764 battles
1 hour ago, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

Noticing now XVM style sigs... did stats become a thing... oh dear..

I never saw anyone pointing out anyone's stats during a match. Doesn't mean that there's no sh.it flung at each other's boats.

@stealth Firing: DD are still very strong and a joy to play.

@Smoke: I miss the old times ^^

For ship reviews and other stuff

Flamu

Flambass

Notser

iChase

Aerroon

Farazelleth

http://shipcomrade.com/staff/littlewhitemouse

http://shipcomrade.com

and others ^^

• Cool 1

Players
3,592 posts
7,346 battles

Scenarios (semi organized missions against AI) made to the game, nice game mode to level up tier 6/7. And can be quite hectic too

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

It will be difficult to earn money in T9-10 ships unless you have "premium camo", or have premium account, or mounted lots of flags. All ship repair costs are the same regardless of ship damage or survival. Contribution is calculated mainly via hp-percentage damage done. Spotting and capping contribution gain is negligible. Sinking a ship rewards the equivalent of 15% HP damage as one-off contribution.

Do not use HE on RN BBs until Tier 9-10, then they become HE spamming BBs. They also have a super-heal which can heal up to 50% of their health. As a tradeoff they are squishier than other BBs but have cruiser-level concealment. It is almost impossible to citadel the T10 German BB.

USN CVs have DB with armor-piercing bombs which can citadel and delete cruisers. CVs have fighter strafe manual attack mode which deal very high damage in frontal path in front of fighters, you will see them fire tracers and charge forwards.

CVs are strictly mirrored MM, meaning CVs will only get matched to another same tier CV. A CV rework is on the way but we'll see. Some mid-tier premium CVs have special quirks and builds.

Some DDs have deep water torpedoes which can only hit BBs, they display as different icons in the water too. These torpedoes have very low acquisition range (are stealthy). German BBs have hydro. Some DDs have Hydro too. Gearing has AA barrage. Shimakaze torps got nerfed to the ground. German DDs are all-rounders.

German BBs have very good turret turn rate so you do not need to take the turn-rate captain skill for them. I recommend searching up builds online to get a general idea, as there were lots of skill changes, and it is expensive to reset captain skills.

Russian DDs are very op. They are not balanced. Especially Khabarovsk. It has the BB-heal consumable, 44knots speeds, 8 cruiser-level guns, and 50mm armour (all on a DD!!). Do not take IF-HE skill on any ship class except gunboat DDs. The skill will allow you to pen the usual 32 mm deck armour on most ships even with DD HE. RN cruisers are light cruisers up to and including T10, ubersquish, but have smoke (or radar) and Atlanta-like AP batteries capable of rapid firing and which will not overpen light armour (DDs). There is also a Radio-Position-Finder skill I recommend you familiar yourself with so you don't get surprised in-game.

German Cruisers got their guns buffed (again). Their armour is still paper though, like the RN light cruisers. HE has been nerfed in general, and is slightly less dangerous, with the shattering mechanic, better captain skills, and diversifying of ship types and styles since CBT. Torpedoes are much less strategic and organized than in CBT, WG doesn't like us using torps that much (r.i.p. Shima).

They have been leaning towards designing and selling premium ships with preferred loadout, playstyles, and quirks.

Most maps have changed to have smaller but more islands. WG wants us to charge at and kill each other faster with forced objectives. The game has dumbed down since CBT and ppl are much more business-like nowadays than fun or strategy. 

There is the T9 Missouri and T9 Musashi buyable for a few hundred thousand free exp. Missouri may be gone after a short while, so check them out. Read the reviews first; Musashi is a Yamato with less AA and worse RNG dispersion. But the premium bias is there; they are "tier optimal".

All in all the game is still grind-centric. The earnable containers bore out after a while, as is the game. You'll probably have some fun from coming back after so long, but all in all not much as been added since CBT to make it less boring. Try not to binge yourself out on the games, or take some of the salt from players too personally.

edit: There is an officially checked mod pack on the forums here, use it. Also, smoke edges and some quality of life changes are integrated in game. Take some time to check out the game settings and map options (on corner of minimap). For instance to turn on last known position and range circles.

There is also a “ship angle” mod which is very op. It’s in the mod pack.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

Welcome back bro, take a seat, I'll put the kettle on ☕. :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,875 battles
On 16.2.2018 at 3:19 PM, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

I recently returned to the game and started trying to learn the game once again in my love/hate Campbeltown

I have noticed changes to team damage system ( it used to remove hp from your own ship) not really noticed much else. Can someone sum up the most important changes of the last year perhaps.

Secondly British cruisers or battleships? and why? thank you.

Nothing has changed, there's still potatoes everywhere. You probably will fit in just great. :cap_haloween:

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles
4 hours ago, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

Looks like you are trying to fit in there very hard :Smile-_tongue:

Don't mind this kind of player. Since I started playing, the number of Progressives has increased significant (Steam release and many many many CS:GO tourists) and if you out yourself as a Battleship player 90% of the forum is openly hostile towards you, especially the the Ship Justice Warriors in their redheaded CRYser with armpit hair. :Smile_izmena:

So it is overall as toxic as in the CS:GO, LoL or WoW forums

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,687 posts
9,234 battles
32 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Don't mind this kind of player. Since I started playing, the number of Progressives has increased significant (Steam release and many many many CS:GO tourists) and if you out yourself as a Battleship player 90% of the forum is openly hostile towards you, especially the the Ship Justice Warriors in their redheaded CRYser with armpit hair. :Smile_izmena:

So it is overall as toxic as in the CS:GO, LoL or WoW forums

Calm down like BBaby, or else I'm fetching DDaddy :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles
30 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Calm down like BBaby, or else I'm fetching DDaddy :Smile_trollface:

I'am DD main :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,875 battles
47 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I'am DD main :cap_haloween:

655 battles in DD

532 in Cruisers

1063 in BBs

DD main...

Yeah, sure... pull the other one, this one got bells on it...

Oh and please play at least 1 battle more than I before You call me a "progressive".

6 hours ago, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

Looks like you are trying to fit in there very hard :Smile-_tongue:

Weekend, the best time to play if You want to drag your winrate down.

And yeah, I fit in here perfectly. Mediocre player, sometimes playing like a noob and sometimes like a Unicorn.

Too bad You're hiding your stats... would love to see what You did in the Beta. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles
7 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

655 battles in DD

532 in Cruisers

1063 in BBs

DD main...

Yeah, sure... pull the other one, this one got bells on it...

Funny tho that my "Battleship played counter" no longer rises, eh?

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,875 battles
17 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Funny tho that my "Battleship played counter" no longer rises, eh?

To see if it rises or not I would have to check it reularly... and I don't really see any reason to do that. There are many more important and interesting things than that.. :cap_cool:

Sign in to follow this