You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lochys

Ridiculous accounts

28 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,605 battles

Just met this guy in battle *edit 4 battles and already several tierX. In battle he started by shooting me and sailing in the middle of enemy to die without doing single hit to enemy. What is that?

1) How can some1 with 4 battles have tier X, you can buy credits for real money but not XP. 

2) Why he just fire allies and suicide?

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Naming and Shaming mate, I'd remove that link if I were you. Your best bet with players like these are the in-game reports, inefficient as they are.

Edit: Ok, seems to be some kind of test account. Why they would let them in the randoms instead of Co-op is beyond me though, especially with this kind of behaviour.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
863 posts
5,115 battles

You may want to remove the link to the player's profile as I'm sure it falls under 'naming and shaming' - although it's probably deserved.

Edited: Turin7 just beat me to it...

It would be nice to know how a player can get some TXs with so few games.  Can you be given ships by Clan members?

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

Probably some WG employee/tester that went rogue....

rogue.jpg

• Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
863 posts
5,115 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Co-Op...

Except that the stats don't show any co-op games.     I checked ranked and team battles and there were no battles either.

So, are these numbers wrong?

[TOAST]
Players
1,987 posts
25,637 battles

The guy has just started playing the game (New Player) with only 8 battles, why name & shame him?

Players
3,593 posts
7,312 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Co-Op...

Nope, never played co-op.  My guess might be some kind of WG test account.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,370 battles

Its a WoWs_FH account that are accounts WG lets play random players at conventions or any other events.

Could be also the accounts in WG HQ that some guests / friends can play ... so basically it was probably a totally new players or a someones kid  just fooling around.

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,321 battles
Just now, iJoby said:

The guy has just started playing the game (New Player) with only 8 battles, why name & shame him?

The question in that case is rather not why he is obnoxious but rather why the account has access to T10 ships. Leaked press account or something?

• Cool 2

Players
3,593 posts
7,312 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Could be also the accounts in WG HQ that some guests / friends can play ... so basically it was probably a totally new players or a someones kid  just fooling around.

Going off the fact that it has a total of 110 damage over 8 games my guess is that it's something WG use to test some kind of mechanic of other (maybe whether the AFK report function is working or not).

I mean you could give Conq to a total novice and he'd still probably do 50,000 damage.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
863 posts
5,115 battles

Clearly whomever was using the account is 'special'.

If it is testing it means they've gimped a battle for some players using  a top tier - they should have done this in Co-Op (still affects some players) or in a test game.

if it's someone's child being set free with a WG account then whomever allowed the account to be used should be dealt with.

if it's an account from a games convention today may be interesting (if what the OP posted happened today).

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,589 battles
25 minutes ago, Lochys said:

Just met this guy in battle https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/553258220-WoWs_FH1/!/pvp/overview/ 4 battles and already several tierX. In battle he started by shooting me and sailing in the middle of enemy to die without doing single hit to enemy. What is that?

1) How can some1 with 4 battles have tier X, you can buy credits for real money but not XP. 

2) Why he just fire allies and suicide?

What the hell??? How this is even possible? Perhaps it's a test account or something, but doing that kind of crap?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,370 battles
7 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Going off the fact that it has a total of 110 damage over 8 games my guess is that it's something WG use to test some kind of mechanic of other (maybe whether the AFK report function is working or not).

I mean you could give Conq to a total novice and he'd still probably do 50,000 damage.

Could be the cleaning lady was just cleaning keyboards.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Players
9 posts
5,358 battles

Or it is just a promo-account given to a "social media active" person. A youtube-gamer maybe (obviously not a WoWs gamer)?

IRC those accounts are time-limeted but grand full access to tech tree with huge amounts of doublons and premium ships!

From time to time there are such videos on the web and are actually painfull to watch.... And as stated above, I fully agree that those accounts should be available only on test server inviroment, not even Co-Op!

On the bright side new players may be interested and join the game.

PS I wonder if those accounts affect the playerbase statistics. (average win rate, damage etc)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,217 posts
6,775 battles

If you look it up in WoWS Numbers - there are 16 WoWs_FH accounts (numbered 1 through 16 respectively), all with the same kind of "no battles, any random ship" idea.

Probably from some event where WoWS was advertising, just letting random people who have never even heard of this game screw up your tier X match :cap_like:

"Oh look, a ship! I have guns, I can fire at it! Aww, it didn't explode... Ok, lets see, how do I move? Ahh that's right, WASD... Mom, look how cool this is! Wait, what? Why am I sinking?! Not fair!"

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
15 minutes ago, warsinger2 said:

Press accounts, test accounts, take your pick....

Sometimes it does not actually hurt to use your brain and draw some logical conclusions.

Why would a tester be shooting his own teammates?

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
1 hour ago, SovietFury43 said:

They lower the performance and then you have balanced ships like Belfast and Conqueror.

-Oh look the ships is so bad the average damage is below 0, lets buff it.

Players
260 posts
1 hour ago, SovietFury43 said:

Because he can? We are talking about a series of accounts here with access to a rather large number of tier 8-10 ships despite having played only a few games. Maybe someone just wanted to see the ship fire maybe something else why even waste time talking about it when it is painfully obvious that those are no normal player accounts....

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,605 battles
1 hour ago, Freyr_90 said:

Reminded me of this 

If they have this kind of account and give them to ppl who never played the game before, it explains it. It does not seem fair, but what can we do.