Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sn0rkS

Buff to high tier credits

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HEROS]
Players
4 posts
6,214 battles

Hi

 

I would like to suggest a light buff in credit reward in the high tiers, espcially T10.

Yesterday I played a battle in IGN Yamato with a credit reward of 400.000 credits. After repairs, ammo and consumables I was left with 81.000 credits. This is with both 10% additional credit bonus from flag and 10% additional credit bonus from Clan.

Removing the consumables it would still only add up to 148.000 credits. I think it's worth poiting out that without premium I would have gone minus.


How do you guys feel about adding a light buff to credit rewards to make it slightly easier to earn credits? Players who has the Missouri has a way around this issue but I feel it takes forever to build up credits as it is, playing the high tiers.

  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,247 posts
Gerade eben, Sn0rkS sagte:

How do you guys feel about adding a light buff to credit rewards to make it slightly easier to earn credits?

 

high tier is not meant to farm credits...

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Just like WoT, high tiers are not meant to make credits. You're supposed to play mid tiers (Tier 8 being the most efficient) so you can fuel your high tier games.

 

Or you can make things simple and run premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles

I am quite sure that most players would welcome more credits as they would also welcome some extra XP, a couple of premiums ships and free high tier captains.

 

But that is not in WGs business interest. Their business model works differently from your wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,195 battles
10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

 

high tier is not meant to farm credits...

This....so it's either git gud, play lower tiers or buy stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,582 posts
7,346 battles

Hightier gains were already buffed. Replacing repair cost with flat "service" after battle (which is lower than fixing t10 ship - 360k credits for sunk t10 cv anyone?). That and availablility of premium paints, turning t10 of choice into premium ship credit wise. Throw to that constant stream of events, missions and whatnot feeding you with flags/paints and I have hard time imagining what is credits shortage

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I am quite sure that most players would welcome more credits as the would  welcome some extra XP, a couple of premiums ships and free high tier captains.

 

But that is not in WGs business interest. Their business model works differently from your wishes.

 

Well, that is if you are incapable of designing good game with good gameplay, so you feel the need to force people to either pay or play what they dont want to play to earn money. Its probably worst model i have ever seen.

They could earn much more if they didnt do that and made game fun and make money through "vanity" crap, like other games.

 

Works even worse if you actually ruin your own game at the same time, so you are actually forcing people to either pay or play what they dont want to, but lower their desire to play overall. Sooner or later, the desire to play will be lower than annoyance and irritation of having to do what you dont want to and people stop playing at all.

Might work as long as that carrot in front of them is really good... but its not :)

 

In their interest would be to make good game that attracts many players that enjoy playing the game and spend money on all sort of casual stuff like camos, logos, emblems and what not. But that is not WG style, for whatever reason, be it inability to make a good game or desire to have least expenses that come with big player base but still milk fewer hardcore players for more money.

 

If i cant support my own play at T10, i wont play lower tiers (and premiums are not t10), but i will quit the game overall. No way am i going to force myself to do something i dont want to just to support what i want to do. That is called job, and i have it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
216 posts
4,056 battles

Buy permanent camo -50%  to the cost of ship's post-battle service and +20% credits earned in the battle.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles

I bloody hope not.

 

High tiers are already too rewarding, allowing all those bbots to drive tier 10 all day.

 

 

If anything, credits there should be nerfed, with T10 with below avg result should cost a million, if not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
8 minutes ago, genai said:

Well, that is if you are incapable of designing good game with good gameplay, so you feel the need to force people to either pay or play what they dont want to play to earn money.

Wow. Ridiculous thoughts. I like playing my premium ships to fuel my tier 10. And btw, this has nothing to do with gameplay.

 

9 minutes ago, genai said:

Works even worse if you actually ruin your own game at the same time, so you are actually forcing people to either pay or play what they dont want to, but lower their desire to play overall. Sooner or later, the desire to play will be lower than annoyance and irritation of having to do what you dont want to and people stop playing at all.

Might work as long as that carrot in front of them is really good... but its not :)

you repeat the same bullsh*t but you're wrong, most of the people are fine with this and the player base is growing. 

 

10 minutes ago, genai said:

In their interest would be to make good game that attracts many players that enjoy playing the game and spend money on all sort of casual stuff like camos, logos, emblems and what not. But that is not WG style, for whatever reason, be it inability to make a good game or desire to have least expenses that come with big player base but still milk fewer hardcore players for more money.

They perfectly know their interest and this model was done before on WoT so they would have changed it if they wanted. And believe me, WoT is not full of a small hardcore player base.

 

12 minutes ago, genai said:

If i cant support my own play at T10, i wont play lower tiers (and premiums are not t10), but i will quit the game overall. No way am i going to force myself to do something i dont want to just to support what i want to do. That is called job, and i have it already.

Bye!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles

There is a buff .. actually several buffs.

 

- premium time

- premium ships

- premium camos

- signal flags

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,325 battles
16 minutes ago, genai said:

No way am i going to force myself to do something i dont want to just to support what i want to do.

U mean like playing from tier 1 to 10 ? Base line is if u cant afford tierX only then its better for everyone in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles
25 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Wow. Ridiculous thoughts. I like playing my premium ships to fuel my tier 10. And btw, this has nothing to do with gameplay.

 

you repeat the same bullsh*t but you're wrong, most of the people are fine with this and the player base is growing. 

 

They perfectly know their interest and this model was done before on WoT so they would have changed it if they wanted. And believe me, WoT is not full of a small hardcore player base.

 

Bye!

 

Who cares what you like to play? If you want to play T10 but you need to play something else so you can support it, you clearly would rather not play something else and would prefer T10. Simple logic.

And it has a lot to do with gameplay. If lower tiers were fun to play, why the need to force people to play them? If the game is properly balanced, people would enjoy whatever they like to do and there would be no need to force anyone to do anything. And then people would throw money at WG because they want to(like every other free game that bathes in money cause of it), and that would end up being much more money than when they feel forced, because when they feel forced, they do bare minimum. And that only works while gameplay itself is enjoyable enough to not feel like money wasted.

 

Most are not fine with it and player base is barely growing, and new players rarely keep playing after experiencing the game a bit. If "most" were fine with it, the game would be much, much bigger by now.

 

Its quite different to WoT, but ok. It is somewhat similar, with WoT being much better at it, and at the same time, WoT model is also not good and it does reduce potential of the game. WoT itself lost a lot of players who liked playing it and would love to continue playing it, but it just wasnt sustainable without wasting time on what they dont want to do. Not everyone has the time to play couple of games in some crap tank/ship just to support playing 1-2 games in the one you want to play. So they quit.

 

Bye i guess!? Whatever...

 

19 minutes ago, Profilus said:

U mean like playing from tier 1 to 10 ? Base line is if u cant afford tierX only then its better for everyone in this game.

 

Thats called progression, and that is fine. Same as in RPGs, you level till max and then are not forced to play lower level alts to support playing your max level character, you already spent enough time and effort getting there. Being punished and forced to not play what you spent time and effort on is kinda turn off for many people.

 

It really is not better for anyone it his game, if you think its better, you are clueless(to not use more appropriate word), no matter how skilled you think they need to be to play with elitist jerks (and i dont mean the guild, those are cool). But anyway, i have no problem with playing T10,  thats why i sell every ship once i research the next one, until only T10 remain. Same in WoT. That doesnt change the fact that many people stop playing cause of it and dont enjoy the game, and having more players is very beneficial to the game, and yes, free to play players are extremely important for the game. Every person i ever knew that played WoWs and WoT quit because of it(and i mean literally, i am the only one left of all the dozens i knew playing it). They just dont have the time to "work" just to be able to play what they want to.

 

But whatever. Plenty of proof that this model is very flawed and much, much worse than other models, so feel free to think whatever you want to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,325 battles
21 minutes ago, genai said:

Thats called progression, and that is fine. Same as in RPGs, you level till max and then are not forced to play lower level alts to support playing your max level character, you already spent enough time and effort getting there. Being punished and forced to not play what you spent time and effort on is kinda turn off for many people.

Only place you actually need credits is progression. When u have all ships u want u will swim in credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
29 minutes ago, genai said:

 

Who cares what you like to play? If you want to play T10 but you need to play something else so you can support it, you clearly would rather not play something else and would prefer T10. Simple logic.

And it has a lot to do with gameplay. If lower tiers were fun to play, why the need to force people to play them? If the game is properly balanced, people would enjoy whatever they like to do and there would be no need to force anyone to do anything. And then people would throw money at WG because they want to(like every other free game that bathes in money cause of it), and that would end up being much more money than when they feel forced, because when they feel forced, they do bare minimum. And that only works while gameplay itself is enjoyable enough to not feel like money wasted.

 

Most are not fine with it and player base is barely growing, and new players rarely keep playing after experiencing the game a bit. If "most" were fine with it, the game would be much, much bigger by now.

 

Its quite different to WoT, but ok. It is somewhat similar, with WoT being much better at it, and at the same time, WoT model is also not good and it does reduce potential of the game. WoT itself lost a lot of players who liked playing it and would love to continue playing it, but it just wasnt sustainable without wasting time on what they dont want to do. Not everyone has the time to play couple of games in some crap tank/ship just to support playing 1-2 games in the one you want to play. So they quit.

 

Bye i guess!? Whatever...

 

 

Thats called progression, and that is fine. Same as in RPGs, you level till max and then are not forced to play lower level alts to support playing your max level character, you already spent enough time and effort getting there. Being punished and forced to not play what you spent time and effort on is kinda turn off for many people.

 

It really is not better for anyone it his game, if you think its better, you are clueless(to not use more appropriate word). But anyway, i have no problem with playing T10,  thats why i sell every ship once i research the next one, until only T10 remain. Same in WoT. That doesnt change the fact that many people stop playing cause of it and dont enjoy the game, and having more players is very beneficial to the game, and yes, free to play players are extremely important for the game. Every person i ever knew that played WoWs and WoT quit because of it(and i mean literally, i am the only one left of all the dozens i knew playing it). They just dont have the time to "work" just to be able to play what they want to.

 

But whatever. Plenty of proof that this model is very flawed and much, much worse than other models, so feel free to think whatever you want to think.

Yes and said progression is the problem.

To take you RPG example:

If you got to the highest level in a RPG would you go back to a lower Level Charakter if the endgame doesn't turn out to be boringly stale but actualy is fun to you?

Everyone would play Hightier and hightier only. (because hurrdurr bigguns + always toptier) Actualy the only reasons i know player have for not doing that atm is that Hightier isn't fun for them due to being too stale and boring (see above) or they actualy DO like certain midtierships. (For me it is the Perth - If I want a break from all those missions that can fell like a chore sometimes she is the goto ship for me)

The very fact that people COULD do it is what lead to this modell. Even those that actualy like to play midtiers will then leave soon as the players actualy grinding new lines won't be enough to support consistent short queuetimes.

That is also why i think Tier X premiumcamo was a stupid and shortsighted idea from WG.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Problem is Wows is to easy to make credits , You don't have to play T10 why is it people have an obsession to get there its full of scumbag friends divisions and more potato's than T1 will every have, nope getting to T10 is not an achievement at all your better off playing mid tiers just my view take it or leave it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles
9 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Yes and said progression is the problem.

To take you RPG example:

If you got to the highest level in a RPG would you go back to a lower Level Charakter if the endgame doesn't turn out to be boringly stale but actualy is fun to you?

Everyone would play Hightier and hightier only. (because hurrdurr bigguns + always toptier) Actualy the only reasons i know player have for not doing that atm is that Hightier isn't fun for them due to being too stale and boring (see above) or they actualy DO like certain midtierships. (For me it is the Perth - If I want a break from all those missions that can fell like a chore sometimes she is the goto ship for me)

The very fact that people COULD do it is what lead to this modell. Even those that actualy like to play midtiers will then leave soon as the players actualy grinding new lines won't be enough to support consistent short queuetimes.

That is also why i think Tier X premiumcamo was a stupid and shortsighted idea from WG.....

Yes, but if you dont enjoy highest level play? There are plenty of "twinks" in RPGs and people play lower levels a lot, because they enjoy it more than higher levels. That is my point! Some people love high tiers, some love low tiers, low tiers are not forced to spend time,  effort and money to play, but those that love higher tiers are forced to, even after they did spent MUCH MORE time and effort in getting to what they want to play. There are plenty of people who prefer T5 than T10 gameplay in WoWs, why force those that dont want to be there to be there and ruining time of those that want to be there... because T10 players go to lower tiers and play terribly, just to get it over with. Yet lower tiers are never forced to go into higher... wonder why?

It actually makes it worse for those that love lower tiers too... Its lose-lose situation. Its logic and common sense, but ok.

 

In WoW low level PvP and stuff is quite alive, and no one is forcing anyone to do it. Hell, some of the most expensive items you can sell are low level rare items because demand for those are so big, and its only for low level play. There is even option to turn off getting XP in low level PvP so you dont level up. But people that love higher levels are not forced to play with those on lower levels. That is how its done properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts
2 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Problem is Wows is to easy to make credits , You don't have to play T10 why is it people have an obsession to get there its full of scumbag friends divisions and more potato's than T1 will every have, nope getting to T10 is not an achievement at all your better off playing mid tiers just my view take it or leave it. 

Here we go again, Mr Macboring.....you keep banging your 'anti division' and 'T10 scumbag' drum ..... you need to maybe get a some friends, it may stop you repeating yourself time after time. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles

Compared to WoT, it's very easy to gain credits and xp in WoWS. Maybe there is a problem regarding non-premium accounts, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
16 minutes ago, genai said:

Yes, but if you dont enjoy highest level play? There are plenty of "twinks" in RPGs and people play lower levels a lot, because they enjoy it more than higher levels. That is my point! Some people love high tiers, some love low tiers, low tiers are not forced to spend time,  effort and money to play, but those that love higher tiers are forced to, even after they did spent MUCH MORE time and effort in getting to what they want to play. There are plenty of people who prefer T5 than T10 gameplay in WoWs, why force those that dont want to be there to be there and ruining time of those that want to be there... because T10 players go to lower tiers and play terribly, just to get it over with. Yet lower tiers are never forced to go into higher... wonder why?

It actually makes it worse for those that love lower tiers too... Its lose-lose situation. Its logic and common sense, but ok.

 

In WoW low level PvP and stuff is quite alive, and no one is forcing anyone to do it. Hell, some of the most expensive items you can sell are low level rare items because demand for those are so big, and its only for low level play. There is even option to turn off getting XP in low level PvP so you dont level up. But people that love higher levels are not forced to play with those on lower levels. That is how its done properly.

The Difference is the amount of players playing lowtier. I can guarantee you even in WoWS those players exist that prefer low tiers (i am one of them like i said above) but those aren't enough to sustain consistent MM that lets you play whenever you want.

I am pretty sure if WoW were free to play and wouldn't have enough players populating the lowtiers then Blizzard would do almost exactly the same as WG. (give "incentives" to play lowtier rather then levelcap)

Right now it is a win situation for the fans of lowtier (actualy players already owning Tier X SHOULD play better than the ones htat don't) and a "lose" for the fans of hightier gameplay a WG had to push them in the way they needed.

Your version would actualy be a lose-lose situation. The lowertiernumbers would go down and screw over lowtierfans that then wait in queue forever and hightierfans as all (even the ones without premium camo) the "bad" players can play hightier indefinatly which they shouldn't be able too normaly because they just don't earn enough credits with their "performance" (currently)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
21 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Here we go again, Mr Macboring.....you keep banging your 'anti division' and 'T10 scumbag' drum ..... you need to maybe get a some friends, it may stop you repeating yourself time after time. :Smile_sceptic:

I don't really care about stats so I don't need special internet friends to play the game with but by all means please have a look for special potato friends in the top clans do any have below 60% WR I mean a friend is a friend right but you cant be a friend unless you WR is a certain number or you have certain skill so lets call them selective friends.:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts
15 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

I don't really care about stats so I don't need special internet friends to play the game with but by all means please have a look for special potato friends in the top clans do any have below 60% WR I mean a friend is a friend right but you cant be a friend unless you WR is a certain number or you have certain skill so lets call them selective friends.:Smile_hiding:

Sad, bitter and twisted. 

 

If you don't care about stats wtf are you always whining about other peoples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
660 posts
10,868 battles

I know it is hard, because i am non premium player with tier 10 preferences gameplay. But if it was easy to make credits in tier 10 ships, question is who would play Aoba for example when you can play Zao, or some other ship comparisons. It is ok as it is, with just one battle in some tier 6 ship, i can earn enough credits to support about 2 or even more tier 10 ship battles, especially if i do well in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×