Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nechrom

[PSA] Eastern Dragon available.

36 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
8,269 battles

Just wanted to point out that the Eastern Dragon Myoko-clone is now available to purchase from the premium shop.

This is a ship which hasn't been available on the EU server before, unlike her sister ship Southern Dragon.

It works like the ARP ships in that it can't mount camos and can take any IJN, ARP or Dragon captain without penalties (like a premium). Doesn't have any other bonuses associated with premium ships though.

She comes with a uniquely named and depicted captain with 10 skill points, it's otherwise a normal IJN captain able to command IJN and ARP ships as well.

Both dragon ships are available if you also missed the southern one.

Edit: They are also available for doubloons in-game. (credit to @iJoby for that bit of info)

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,413 posts
12,121 battles

As the owner of a Southern Dragon I must say that the fact that the ships cannot mount a camo, and have no inherent camo bonuses, makes them inferior training ships.

They are still fully researched Myoko's able to take any captain without retraining, but offer little value beyond the visual one.

The price for the ships in store is 18€.

• Cool 1

Players
3,707 posts
7,352 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

As the owner of a Southern Dragon I must say that the fact that the ships cannot mount a camo, and have no inherent camo bonuses, makes them inferior training ships.

They are still fully researched Myoko's able to take any captain without retraining, but offer little value beyond the visual one.

The price for the ships in store is 18€.

One small bonus is that if the operation of the week is at T7 you can grind captains and credits in them relatively efficiently, especially if you have more than one and can transfer your captain between them.

Not worth IRL money though.

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
9,183 battles

They look great. But how often do you see them around these days?

[WGB]
Players
2,086 posts
26,390 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Just wanted to point out that the Eastern Dragon Myoko-clone is now available to purchase from the premium shop.

@MrConway, put it for sale in-game, I have 32K doubloons and nothing worth spending it on.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,413 posts
12,121 battles
7 minutes ago, Stixius said:

They look great. But how often do you see them around these days?

I started playing mine regularly after I realized how fun the Myoko was (I'm using my Aoba captain on it). But they are pretty damn rare, with only 223 039  battles played since last year's event (Flint and ARP Nachi are even more rare for obvious reasons).

Many people disable the skin in their client so they see a no-camo Myoko instead.

PS: The eastern dragon doesn't look as cool as the southern dragon. But that's my personal opinion.

Beta Tester
2,045 posts
2,780 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I started playing mine regularly after I realized how fun the Myoko was (I'm using my Aoba captain on it). But they are pretty damn rare, with only 223 039  battles played since last year's event (Flint and ARP Nachi are even more rare for obvious reasons).

Many people disable the skin in their client so they see a no-camo Myoko instead.

PS: The eastern dragon doesn't look as cool as the southern dragon. But that's my personal opinion.

I kind of feel the same way, but I am tempted to get them both anyway.

Plus I am sure I can find a use for a another 10 point commander or two..

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Why would I want to shell out money for ships whose several weeb clones I already have?

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
8,269 battles
13 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Why would I want to shell out money for ships whose several weeb clones I already have?

I don't know.

Collecting?

Having a Myoko-fest every time there is a higher than normal 1st win bonus event?

You really like the color blue?

You are Chinese?

You have found a way to make 7 different Myoko builds?

Why do people do things anyway?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

I love the Myoko and would happily buy one of these, probably the Southern Dragon as I think she looks fantastic.

Sadly however, I'm still triggered by the ARP Nachi situation so I'm going to pass.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,447 posts
9,389 battles

Ouh, also Kaga...but I really don't know what to do with 6k db, now that they removed most premium ships from the tech trees :Smile_hiding: 

[BYOB]
Players
3,413 posts
12,121 battles
41 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Ouh, also Kaga...but I really don't know what to do with 6k db, now that they removed most premium ships from the tech trees :Smile_hiding: 

They are shooting themselves in the foot. People who have doubloons are not likely to spend cash in the shop. They can't buy ships they want through the tech tree, they can only spend them on things covered with silver expenses (consumables) or small things like dismounting upgrades.

Everyone is unhappy, but it will take them a year to realize that. Typical WG thinking.

• Cool 3

[WGB]
Players
2,086 posts
26,390 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Edit: They are also available for doubloons in-game. (credit to @iJoby for that bit of info)

Still not available in-game for me, got the thumbs-up from @MrConway could be he just likes the idea.

I have extended tech tree mod installed, could it be that is why I cant see E-dragon for sale in-game?

Has anyone bought the ship in-game?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
24 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Still not available in-game for me, got the thumbs-up from @MrConway could be he just likes the idea.

I have extended tech tree mod installed, could it be that is why I cant see E-dragon for sale in-game?

Has anyone bought the ship in-game?

I wanted to let you know that I saw your feedback and liked it, yes :)

The ships are unfortunately not available in game at this point, not sure what Nechrom was referring too there.

Edited by MrConway
edit for wrong tag

[WGB]
Players
2,086 posts
26,390 battles
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

not sure what @iJoby was referring too there.

@MrConway I'm confused too, but your comment has made it clear that the E-Dragon will not be in-game to buy with Dblns.

Case Closed... 

I'm off to the land of Nod for a few hours, Carers said I need some rest. :cap_haloween:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,640 posts
6,509 battles

I just had a weak moment. Bugger. So much for self-discipline...!

They are rather pretty though.

[L4GG]
Players
1,659 posts
6,513 battles

Everyone talks about those.

And I don't have any arp ship.

But the only one I could be interested on was one based on Kuma.

Aoba? Myoko?

I will pass.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,250 posts
14,455 battles

Assuming the game lives this long, they're going to add a new dragon every Chinese New Year from now on, aren't they?

Can't say it isn't genius from a money making perspective.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

meh its an awesome looking ship but spending €18,- for a ship that i have multiple off already :( if only it would be a cammo 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,640 posts
6,509 battles

Were I to carp, I might suggest it would be sporting of WG to give 'no cammo' ships the same spotting characteristics of the equivalent cammo-equipped regular ship (a la what they do in WOT). According to the wiki, these Dragon ships are visible from the same distance as the tech tree equivalent with zero cammo applied.

Not something to get overly excitable about though...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
8,269 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

The ships are unfortunately not available in game at this point, not sure what Nechrom was referring too there.

4 hours ago, iJoby said:

I'm confused too, but your comment has made it clear that the E-Dragon will not be in-game to buy with Dblns.

Case Closed... 

I read your post as if they had been put up for doubloons but I couldn't verify since I already own them.

Then I went to sleep. :fish_sleep:

[WGB]
Players
2,086 posts
26,390 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

I read your post as if they had been put up for doubloons but I couldn't verify since I already own them.

I will get it sooner or later. ATM, too much going on with all these in-game missions. :Smile_playing:

They should put the Arp Nachi up for sale, only about 53K of us own it. 

Sign in to follow this