Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fusk

How to "disable text messengers from player" in port ?

4 comments in this topic

Players
40 posts
4,221 battles

Blacklist is useless, and does not show blacklisted players ingame, but disable shows an orange icon next to their name. And i'd like to know if a blacklisted player is on my team. So to get that orange icon i need to disable text from the once i have not disabled it for yet, and how to do that from port ?

[CHAOS]
Players
2,359 posts
10,784 battles

I don't get it.

What exactly do you want to do?

And why do you need to know if a blacklisted player is on your team? Isn't the point of blacklist (=ignoring) someone to... well... ignore him?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,520 battles

All Blacklisting/Disabling will do is silence him, but there is no way afaik to tell if someone on your team is on your blacklist except your brain renembering the nickname. Disabling his messages in battle is for that one battle only afaik, so there is no point searching for that option in port.

Basically it is two completely different things.

Disabling messages in battle = temporary muting all messages he writes in battlechat for that one battle. (except F messages for whatever reason)

Blacklisting in port = permantly disabling him to haunt you in port with textmessages

The chance to meet the very same player that you blacklisted is extremly low though (after some time passed - it is ofc higher if you press battle again right away after the battle ended) with the current amount of active players so why would you bother?

Players
40 posts
4,221 battles
9 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

All Blacklisting/Disabling will do is silence him, but there is no way afaik to tell if someone on your team is on your blacklist except your brain renembering the nickname. Disabling his messages in battle is for that one battle only afaik, so there is no point searching for that option in port.

Basically it is two completely different things.

Disabling messages in battle = temporary muting all messages he writes in battlechat for that one battle. (except F messages for whatever reason)

Blacklisting in port = permantly disabling him to haunt you in port with textmessages

The chance to meet the very same player that you blacklisted is extremly low though (after some time passed - it is ofc higher if you press battle again right away after the battle ended) with the current amount of active players so why would you bother?

I see, that's why i couldn't find it. Well that's kinda annoying as you can do exactly this in wot. Blacklisted people are shown ingame with a mute icon. Assumed you could do the same in wows as it's a part of the WG tanks, ships & plane universe.

Sign in to follow this