MoveZig

Do collection items drop from normal containers?

17 comments in this topic

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles

I normally hoard daily containers instead of opening them, but I read somewhere on the subreddit that you can get collection items from them. Is it true? Because I honestly don't think there'll be enough French containers from the missions for me to finish the collection otherwise.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,181 battles

For HSF and yamamoto yes, for the french, no.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles

Note: there is a toggle (bottom right?) on the relevant collection pages, that allows you to collect (or not) each eligible collection.

So, if you have the Yamamoto one on, you won't get stuff from the HSF collection, and vice versa.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles

It's true, but:

The content of containers is decided when you collect them, not when you open them. That means containers from before the collections won't contain collection items, no matter when you open them.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
54 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It's true, but:

The content of containers is decided when you collect them, not when you open them. That means containers from before the collections won't contain collection items, no matter when you open them.

I didn't know this; it's a bit academic to me personally, as I open all my containers etc as soon as I get them.

Question though: there seem to be people who hoard containers - is there a particular reason for this (besides an interest in assessing statistics for things like drop-rates etc)?

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles
54 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I didn't know this; it's a bit academic to me personally, as I open all my containers etc as soon as I get them.

Question though: there seem to be people who hoard containers - is there a particular reason for this (besides an interest in assessing statistics for things like drop-rates etc)?

I see it like a piggy bank, one day I'll crack it open. On the downside, I can't be aware of changes to drops. I'm still working under the assumption that TYL is the best container for FXP since they nerfed Signals crates.

Players
1,329 posts
3,583 battles
34 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

I see it like a piggy bank, one day I'll crack it open. On the downside, I can't be aware of changes to drops. I'm still working under the assumption that TYL is the best container for FXP since they nerfed Signals crates.

If you've been hoarding TYL crates, I have one more piece of bad news to deliver:

You cannot get collection items from TYL crates. Only from Credits, Signals or Consumables crates.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

If you've been hoarding TYL crates, I have one more piece of bad news to deliver:

You cannot get collection items from TYL crates. Only from Credits, Signals or Consumables crates.

I totally forgot about Yamamoto, and thought HSF was purely a paid thing. Do they have any good rewards? They don't even show up in my Collections.

Players
1,329 posts
3,583 battles
4 hours ago, MoveZig said:

I totally forgot about Yamamoto, and thought HSF was purely a paid thing. Do they have any good rewards? They don't even show up in my Collections.

I don't know why you're asking me specifically, but:

To have the collection show up, you need to have collected at least one collection item from the corresponding collection. (try saying that three times fast)

The various sub-collections for Yamamoto give you alternate colour schemes for your IJN ship camos. The first one (on the left) is DDs, then CAs, BBs and CVs going from left to right. The rightmost sub-collection grants all IJN ships the ability to mount a second flag (not signal flag, the purely cosmetic one). Completing the collection gives you a flag with a design based on a piece of caligraphy Admral Yamamoto made.

The sub-collections in the HSF collection give you various flags. The final reward is a unique camouflage for Yamato, based on the paint scheme used on Musashi in the anime, as well as another flag.

To start collecting the HSF collection, you either need to purchase the relevant ships from the premium shop, or just sign up and play a battle to receive your first crate which will start off your collection. The start-up to the HSF collection is available until patch 0.7.2, it seems.

6 hours ago, Klopirat said:

of course you can...

Nope, I can confirm that you can't.

I bought a Yamamoto container back in October/November to start off the collection, but after a week of not getting anything (I was selecting TYL every time) I looked up the details and found forum posts (I forget if they were here or on the US forums) that stated categorically that you CANNOT get collection items from TYL containers. When I started selecting regular containers instead, I was collecting on average 1 collection item per day.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Captain_LOZFFVII sagte:

Nope, I can confirm that you can't.

Nope, I can confirm that you CAN get HSF/Yamamoto items from TyL containerns. Until last Tuesday I always took TyL and got HSF items regularly...

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

To start collecting the HSF collection, you either need to purchase the relevant ships from the premium shop, or just sign up and play a battle to receive your first crate which will start off your collection. The start-up to the HSF collection is available until patch 0.7.2, it seems.

Thanks. Well, if it's all garish cosmetic stuff, I think I'll keep hoarding.

Players
1,329 posts
3,583 battles
5 hours ago, Klopirat said:

snip

Okay, I see I've been proven wrong, at least in the current patch.

Doesn't change the fact that I went a full week (playing every day, getting two containers each day) and didn't get any items, but the moment I switched to a different container type I got a collection item and continued getting collection items when I didn't pick TYL.

Call it confirmation bias.:cap_yes:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Captain_LOZFFVII sagte:

at least in the current patch.

as least as long as the Yamamoto collection is available...