You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cherry2blost

Tonight..... 5 DD battles... 5 full health detonations.....

38 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,433 battles

Title says it all.... for a rare mechanic it is becoming more prevalent.... when did it become a 'thing' that running anti detonation flags is a 100% must in this game.... it's getting worse guys and gals NOT better... how about make DD have an automatic anti det flag or just remove the mechanic... FFS even the BB's that kill me are apologising in game now !

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,136 battles

I apologise every time I detonate someone.

It's just RNG of the Master RNGs Most Important RNG of Extreme RNGs to the Max!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles

that's definitely intentional by WG to make sure we are all extra eager for patch 0.7.2 when they remove full health detos!

/tinfoil :Smile_trollface:

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

dont worry, wg is removing full hp detonations... now you can only detonate with less than 75% hp  :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,988 posts
16 minutes ago, robihr said:

dont worry, wg is removing full hp detonations... now you can only detonate with less than 75% hp  :Smile_trollface:

WG is expecting 25% less posts about detonations I presume.

Something is telling me it is not going to work... :Smile_teethhappy:

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

And this is why I think that donations should give flags every time. At the very least he'd have 50 flags. 

• Cool 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
44 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

And this is why I think that donations should give flags every time. At the very least he'd have 50 flags. 

Yeah, but I mean... even with that with the first time he got ten. He could have put that on the ship and just be safe. And here will come someone saying that's what he SHOULD have done, but you know what? Even if that's true and a fair point it's just a perfect example that people don't care about that "compensation" for a detonation even if it's a real "10 time use" complete safety from another detonation. A lot of people just don't care about that. Why? Well, because it's a bad mechanic no matter how you really look at it or try to decorate the idea. A lot of people are just tired of it and giving "tools" to mitigate a mechanic that completely screws you over anyways the second it takes effect will not change that.

WG can reduce the chance of detonations as much as they want but complains about detonations will keep coming no matter what, because it's just that bad. Detonations should be gone.

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,433 battles

I dont mind detonations per se... but it's the frequency.... with Most battlesheeps now spamming huge HE rounds its such a high chance due to splash damage.... I have a screenie somewhere of me in a gearing Detonated.. with ZERO his... bloody Conqueror near miss detonated me.... WUT???

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,905 battles
37 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Yeah, but I mean... even with that with the first time he got ten. He could have put that on the ship and just be safe. And here will come someone saying that's what he SHOULD have done, but you know what? Even if that's true and a fair point it's just a perfect example that people don't care about that "compensation" for a detonation even if it's a real "10 time use" complete safety from another detonation. A lot of people just don't care about that. Why? Well, because it's a bad mechanic no matter how you really look at it or try to decorate the idea. A lot of people are just tired of it and giving "tools" to mitigate a mechanic that completely screws you over anyways the second it takes effect will not change that.

WG can reduce the chance of detonations as much as they want but complains about detonations will keep coming no matter what, because it's just that bad. Detonations should be gone.

He plays DDs in clan wars. He kinda needs to save his anti-try-to-con-you-into-buying-signal-bundles-mechanic flags for that.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
25 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

I dont mind detonations per se... but it's the frequency.... with Most battlesheeps now spamming huge HE rounds its such a high chance due to splash damage.... I have a screenie somewhere of me in a gearing Detonated.. with ZERO his... bloody Conqueror near miss detonated me.... WUT???

Yup, all hail the splash damage indeed. :cap_old: 

25 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

He plays DDs in clan wars. He kinda needs to save his anti-try-to-con-you-into-buying-signal-bundles-mechanic flags for that.

Yeah, I remember doing that when I still bothered collecting the different flags of each ranked season, but isn't this situation even more retarded? I mean... players who play ranked and CWs save their flags for that in a gesture that shows that even people that are ok with detonations show a sign of ultimately acknowledging it's a bad mechanic that can ruin matches meant to be serious and of some (in some cases, specially ranked, theoretical) skilled level and want to avoid that there and meanwhile when they play DDs in randoms have to get punished by the game because of that? That's why for me detonations are a bad mechanic.

I'd like to see the one that some day comes an enlighten us with a reasonable explanation of what's the point of detonations, what they're trying to accomplish and the reason the game needs them to keep running. Because as of now we have people in favor and against of it but not even the ones that don't mind about detonations can come up with a reasonable argument about why. That's the thing that ticks me off about this.

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,214 battles

Not just me annoyed by detonations then.

Like some one always told me, normalization, normalization...

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

12K battles, 101 detonations. Not bad. Does not look like any big issue.

You do have replays of these five detonations?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,395 battles
5 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Do you use the Magazine modification upgrade?

I do get the sarcasm ...  but this question so pisses me off :)

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,395 battles
5 minutes ago, YukiEiriKun said:

12K battles, 101 detonations. Not bad. Does not look like any big issue.

You do have replays of these five detonations?

My ratio does not look like an issue also, but mainly because I always sail my DDs with deto flag auto mounted.

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

My ratio does not look like an issue also, but mainly because I always sail my DDs with deto flag auto mounted.

So there is no issue when you can 100% counter it? I have not bought a single flag set, I use them on my every DD. Except when I feel that I'm getting low of them and try to get an deto to have more. And I do not have any issues with my detonation rate.

I see this more of an issue with certain type of people than mechanics or frequency.

This is purely from "how I see things" perspective and can be denied and countered with the same. But I argue that life is easier on my side of "the wall" where you do not waste all that energy of whining about marginal, non-real-life issues. It's a game mechanic. ;)

Ooh! It's snowing outside! Happy! ^_^

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles
4 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Thats a matter of opinion.

Perhaps you are a gamer only.

I am both in this game to play and because I am interested in naval matters.

DDs are per nature fragile ships act accordingly, Detonations should not go. Hood , Invincible etc says otherwise. 

Do you apologize when you wreck a cruiser in your battleship with one salvo? It is RNG like detonations! Certain well aimed salvos have a chance of getting dev strikes it is no difference from hits on a DD.

It is part of naval combat and 5 in a row? Sure ypu can win the lottery, but I can assure you I have never got more than 2 in a row in 16000 battles, and I hardly use det flags apart from the ranked battles.

But I use mag mod on some DDs. That is a module to use - it is your choice if you want to trade offensive qualities for defensive.

And as a comment in general to the topic:

I want detonations in a naval game - I write this posts to balance all the whiners in threads like this

Use your ship according to the risks and if you chose more detonation prone builds do not whine afterwards

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,395 battles
1 hour ago, YukiEiriKun said:

So there is no issue when you can 100% counter it? I have not bought a single flag set, I use them on my every DD. Except when I feel that I'm getting low of them and try to get an deto to have more. And I do not have any issues with my detonation rate.

I see this more of an issue with certain type of people than mechanics or frequency.

This is purely from "how I see things" perspective and can be denied and countered with the same. But I argue that life is easier on my side of "the wall" where you do not waste all that energy of whining about marginal, non-real-life issues. It's a game mechanic. ;)

Ooh! It's snowing outside! Happy! ^_^

How is there not an issue if YOU HAVE TO MOUNT A FREAKING SIGNAL EVERY TIME to get 100% ANTI RNG BS protection???!!??!

Game mechanics you say .... right .... its not game mechanics  ... its utter BS !

Game just decides... you know what, lets kill that DD and put his team in disadvantage for no reason.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,242 battles

Sailing side-on a lot to enemy units in a DD, no module and no anti deto flag and this will happen.  Five in a row though... oh dear...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,156 posts
16,444 battles
6 hours ago, robihr said:

Yeah, about that ...

Note that for each individual strike, a detonation check is rolled after the damage is applied. This means, theoretically, cases such as Conqueror/Zao's HE shell vs. destroyers, or Yamato/Montana's AP vs. cruisers can have devastating outcome and the victim may lose more than 25% HP from full health and detonate immediately. So, for your best safety, get Juliet Charlie.

https://sea-group.org/?p=3989&lang=en

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,944 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I do get the sarcasm ...  but this question so pisses me off :)

Why? If you so desperately hate something to should at least try to minimize the chances of it happening. So if detonations are your prime concern then mount the damn module even if you are not 100% safe like the flag, if however you don't mind detonations and broken equipment is your prime concern then you mount the other module. Easy as that.