Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LDPDC

[PT 0.7.2] Visual effects changes

17 comments in this topic

Players
123 posts
5,871 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/pt072/ :

We've received a lot of feedback about difficulties with aiming at ships which come under massive fire due to a large number of accompanying visual effects. To make aiming easier, we’ve tweaked water splashes rising after a shell hits the water, making them fall down faster. This will increase the visibility of a ship which falls under massive crossfire.

I liked this consequence of new visual effets quite a lot: it was great for immersion & gave ships under massive fire a (very) small edge. Nobody ever complains about stuff that they like so here I am: I liked it and even if it won't change everything if they tone these effect down, I would like it to stay. What do you forumites think?

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

I don't use any mods and I assume the visual effects are modable. The splashes make it tougher to see at times, so I think the change is fine. Shouldn't have too much of a visual edge using mods.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,282 battles

New visuals was so annoying to me, so I already use mod with previous game effects. What a change :-)

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,094 battles

I'm really happy that they are going to change it a bit. The new visuals, while nice, gave too much of an edge to captains that kited away and hid behind the splashes.

Modder
1,597 posts
3,455 battles

No! The splashes finally looked somewhat realistic and immersive (real splash from a shell stays like 10 - 15 sec in the air) and everyone benefited from it, especially destroyers. To be more survivable under focus fire is a good thing. So now we will have the original "spit in a pond" again.

It wasnt nearly as annoying as that heavy smoke on your ship when you are on fire. That should have been transparent right away. WG again made the other thing than what really needed to be done.

• Cool 6

Weekend Tester
286 posts
12,479 battles

Yep, really liked the more realistic splashes...of course it made spotting a bit tougher but that's what happened when you dumped hundreds of lbs of shells into te water.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
237 posts
13,865 battles

a lot of feedback? from a lot of Bbabies I guess.

I am not DD player but I am ready to downvote this [edited] change.

WG goes on making the game easier and easier so that even the most stupid idiots can find something to shoot.

WOWS 2D edition when?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts

Of course WG is removing those splashes because hords of noobs that can't hit anything are using mods to get rid of them...

Good example of change that caters to lowest common denominator.

• Cool 1

[LHOF]
[LHOF]
Players
2 posts
5,369 battles

Yeah I began a Reddit discussion about this change. The majority of people seem to be for the current splashes, but point the problem of mods or "low settings" giving an advantage. WG answered that they want folks to test this change and they will analyse feedback and data.

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Eh. Sure, it could be disturbing sometimes, but nothing that would affect my amazing performance noticeable. One waits one or two seconds more with slow-reloading guns, oh God, the dpm-drop, unbearable. :Smile_trollface: And if the enemy is getting focused so hard that I can barely see it, hey -  that's good omen for the team.

But we'll see.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

This is not only visual as it affects the ability to aim. This setting must be the same for all players. Being able to mod this is not fair.

But I also liked the new splashes. I hope they won't make it disappear too quickly.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
5,167 battles

It's annoying, it's a challenge, it's a saviour, it's realistic, adds to game immersion, and looks great.

Just make it unmodable :)

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,043 posts

Fully agree with the OP.

Looks amazing, and if there's so much fire incoming on a target, then it's only fair for focussed down ships to have that slight bit of advantage.

People should start to be patient. "you can't always get what you want"

[SCRUB]
Players
7,305 posts
9,548 battles

I've had it a couple times when I had to hold my shot and wait for a couple seconds when a ship was under heavy fire to do minor aim adjustment, but I never found that was much of an inconvenience (and it was only in cases of ships in the process of turning out, people broadsiding where as easy to hit as ever).

On the contrary, it's probably a small saving grace for a ship being focused and I have little doubt that I also benefited from those couple seconds here and there.

Not sure if that is a necessary change, particularily because I quite like the visuals as they are right now.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this