Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
it3llig3nc3

New French Campaign with Aigle needed

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
633 posts
6,660 battles

For those who hasn't realized WG managed to create some communication Gap regarding the month long celebration around the arrival of French Battleships.

In the patch notes 0.7.2 it becomes known that there is a new Campaign to be added to the game with time limit.

A French themed campaign.

Not only that but it seems that having the Aigle Prem Ship is necessary to complete the Campaign.

All this comes after the expiry of TWO missions needed to get completed for the ones who wants to EARN the Aigle and not purchase.

Therefore players like myself who decided not to pursue the Aigle only to have it, now facing the fact that we are at least two missions short in the completion criteria. Two missions may not be a huge deal as you need to do 18 out of 26, however missions are getting harder and harder as the chain progresses.

Also I'm sad to realize that the information does not flow in advance of events, just unfolds randomly as time progresses so someone who wants to understand what effort required for certain things to get completed is simply unable to make an educated decision.

This is not a problem for players with a lot of infinite time to spend on the game, but for me who has strong limitations wants to plan ahead.

That does not seem to be possible.

PS: the trick is nice from the marketing point of view to force more players to buy or earn this low quality Prem Ship as the means to achieve other more valuable game assets... shame....

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,354 battles

Or you can just repeat the missions? it's not that much of a loss

Players
3,654 posts
7,328 battles

You need 18/26 missions, they're all easy to do, so what if you've missed 2?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,399 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, it3llig3nc3 sagte:

Not only that but it seems that having the Aigle Prem Ship is necessary to complete the Campaign.

why?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,237 posts
7,417 battles

2 points I'd like to make.

1) the way it is written in the post it can be interpreted in 2 ways: either you NEED the aigle, or you don't. If it is a single task you can offcourse ignore it. But it is written very badly IMHO.

2) WG has a tendency to post stuff about campaigns at least a day after they started STILL. We've been complaining forever about it. We have been promised changes AFAIK, but there is still a massive delay.

[CATS]
Players
15,337 posts
11,032 battles

1) not if you read it correctly

1. The first task of each mission can be tried with any ship of Tier V and above in Random Battles
  2. The second one (task) will require a French ship of Tier VI and above
  3. Third one (task) will be available for the French destroyer flag_France.pngpremium.pngVI Aigle 
  4. For the fourth task you’ll need a French Battleship of Tier VIII or above.

Beta Tester
633 posts
6,660 battles

I certainly misread it when I confused the Mission and Task terms.

After all this the big question is with what additional effort can a player "ignore" the Aigle task - with the assumption that Tasks can be repeated multiple times (as it was in the past)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,569 posts
6,874 battles
5 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

It's not necessary to complete the campaign, it jsut gives you 1 extra mission to do in each steps. Even without any french ships you can keep re-doing the 1st mission to get your stars and finish the campaign.

Beta Tester
633 posts
6,660 battles
2 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

What are the rewards for this new campaign? Missions and final one?

Now THAT is the big question. I may have overlooked but the patch note does not seem to mention the "Grand Prize"

[PUPSI]
Players
6,399 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, elblancogringo sagte:

What are the rewards for this new campaign? Missions and final one?

I think some special perma camos for French BBs, at least to a former ST leak

Sign in to follow this