Braunschweige

Hello to Every Man Jack

18 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles

Hello, my level is 15, i own the 9th level captain of the Sims from destroyer and tired of it. I want to buy a premium battleship. Which one should i choose? Tirpitz? Alabama? Kii?

What are their advantages and disadvantages? What is your choice?

In my country, Premium ship cost is (e.g. Tirpitz 172 money, think like your currency) very high. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks good games and good luck.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles

You should play some normal ships first.

Tirpitz, Alabama and Kii play similar to their respective silver ships Bismarck, North Carolina and Amagi. So if you want to know which premium ship you will like most, you should try these out before using real money on a ship you may not like after all.

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
2 saat önce, Commander_Cornflakes dedi:

You should play some normal ships first.

Tirpitz, Alabama and Kii play similar to their respective silver ships Bismarck, North Carolina and Amagi. So if you want to know which premium ship you will like most, you should try these out before using real money on a ship you may not like after all.

Thanks, i will try it. Well,  do you have any other recommendations?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles

OP: if you aren't a re-roll, I would suggest going for lower tier premiums to start with; after 165 battles (at time of writing), jumping straight to Tier 8 may be a bit much (in random battles, anyway).

I might suggest things around T5-6 (Warspite, or Dunk - things of that sort - if you want a BB) for a good return. Tirpitz in your list is reasonably newbie-friendly (at least a 10 point captain helps, and you'll be relying on your secondaries a lot), although it is notorious for being driven by people who really shouldn't...!

As said elsewhere, it's wise to play with a wider range of silver ships first too - to establish which class(es) suit you best; you'll make more silver and do better generally in ships from classes that suit your play style.

It's widely felt that it is wise not to buy any premium ship of a higher tier than you have in silver ships too; I might modify that to say that it is unwise to play premiums in randoms that are significantly higher tier than you have silver ships, but you won't do much harm doing so in Co-op mode.

Premium ships are expensive, especially the higher tier ones, so there is also a lot to be said for waiting until they're on special offer before buying. The other thing to have on the radar is that there are occasional missions for freebie premiums - the current one for Aigle might be worth a look, for example.

Ultimately, though, it's entirely your choice (of course): buy whatever ship you want, but just be aware that your first few games against real people (PvP) in a high tier premium may well come as rather a harsh baptism of fire (mainly due to things like radar, although you may be fully au fait with that via Sims).

If you haven't found it yet, check the wiki out: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships Although it's a bit inconsistent, it is a great resource for pros and cons of all the ships in the game; it also links to the LWM reviews of most (all?) premiums in the game, which are also worth reading before you buy anything...

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
48 dakika önce, Verblonde dedi:

OP: if you aren't a re-roll, I would suggest going for lower tier premiums to start with; after 165 battles (at time of writing), jumping straight to Tier 8 may be a bit much (in random battles, anyway).

I might suggest things around T5-6 (Warspite, or Dunk - things of that sort - if you want a BB) for a good return. Tirpitz in your list is reasonably newbie-friendly (at least a 10 point captain helps, and you'll be relying on your secondaries a lot), although it is notorious for being driven by people who really shouldn't...!

As said elsewhere, it's wise to play with a wider range of silver ships first too - to establish which class(es) suit you best; you'll make more silver and do better generally in ships from classes that suit your play style.

It's widely felt that it is wise not to buy any premium ship of a higher tier than you have in silver ships too; I might modify that to say that it is unwise to play premiums in randoms that are significantly higher tier than you have silver ships, but you won't do much harm doing so in Co-op mode.

Premium ships are expensive, especially the higher tier ones, so there is also a lot to be said for waiting until they're on special offer before buying. The other thing to have on the radar is that there are occasional missions for freebie premiums - the current one for Aigle might be worth a look, for example.

Ultimately, though, it's entirely your choice (of course): buy whatever ship you want, but just be aware that your first few games against real people (PvP) in a high tier premium may well come as rather a harsh baptism of fire (mainly due to things like radar, although you may be fully au fait with that via Sims).

If you haven't found it yet, check the wiki out: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships Although it's a bit inconsistent, it is a great resource for pros and cons of all the ships in the game; it also links to the LWM reviews of most (all?) premiums in the game, which are also worth reading before you buy anything...

This is the most descriptive answer I've ever received. God bless you sir.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

As Verblonde says, it is entirely up to you but you seriously should stick to low tiers until you work the game out better than you have so far.....getting a T7/T8 BB at this stage will just cause you grief and make you a liability to the rest of the team....learn the game before advancing as your experience in the Sims has already shown you.

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
8 dakika önce, bushwacker001 dedi:

As Verblonde says, it is entirely up to you but you seriously should stick to low tiers until you work the game out better than you have so far.....getting a T7/T8 BB at this stage will just cause you grief and make you a liability to the rest of the team....learn the game before advancing as your experience in the Sims has already shown you.

Yeah , very thanks.I  decided to play with low tiers (for a while).I need to more experience. Thanks again.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles

Hello. Why not try a cruiser? :) You learn to play in a different way than with Battleships. :) Rely on moving. The Yubari is an awesome cruiser. Fun. And laser accurate guns. BUT very fragile. Funniest ship in T4 imo :) 

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
17 dakika önce, darkstar73 dedi:

Hello. Why not try a cruiser? :) You learn to play in a different way than with Battleships. :) Rely on moving. The Yubari is an awesome cruiser. Fun. And laser accurate guns. BUT very fragile. Funniest ship in T4 imo :) 

Hm, i can try it. Very thanks.

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles

She Helped me a lot. Plus she is cheap :) A small tip. Move around much. And you will have so much fun :) 

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
46 dakika önce, darkstar73 dedi:

She Helped me a lot. Plus she is cheap :) A small tip. Move around much. And you will have so much fun :) 

Thank you so much.This forum is very helpful than Turkish forum.Most players share their experience.I m very grateful to this. :)

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles
2 hours ago, Braunschweige said:

Thank you so much.This forum is very helpful than Turkish forum.Most players share their experience.I m very grateful to this. :)

Really? That´s not nice :( But some here can be quite salty too. But here are many great players that love to share there knowlage :) Arizona is also a great Battleship. I have had many fun games with her. Very tough ship. Good if you want to learn American mid tier BB. Texas is also fun in her own way. AA is second to none in T5. But secondary. Well useless as best. But a fun ship indeed. Molotov is a great cruiser in T6. Awesome T9 guns. But so very fragile. Quite accurate guns. Good firestarter. Can Citadel T5 battleships. And T6 too if you aim. And if RNGesus is on your side :P Perth is a Leander with HE. Strange smoke. each puff only last like 10sec. But you can sail 1/4 speed when you lay a smokescreen. Very good ship indeed :D 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles
On 2018-02-14 at 4:40 PM, Braunschweige said:

Hello, my level is 15, i own the 9th level captain of the Sims from destroyer and tired of it. I want to buy a premium battleship. Which one should i choose? Tirpitz? Alabama? Kii?

What are their advantages and disadvantages? What is your choice?

In my country, Premium ship cost is (e.g. Tirpitz 172 money, think like your currency) very high. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks good games and good luck.

To OP:

I want to add to the others that to get more experience faster it is wiser to buy premium time for more credits and XP before you invest in premium ships. Id you like the game f.e. 6 months of premium is costwise the same as Tirpitz and will bring you more credits and XP on every ship. The cost of buying and maintaining ships rises depending on your quality as a player the break even on normal might go around Tier 7 so premium as the costs stay the same makes you afford premium consumables 22500 for repair f.e. easier which makes you stay in the game longer. If you on mid tiers encounter both newbies and veterans things get tougher higher up, even if there are plenty of newbie on say T8 you have many very experienced players with high end captains that will punish you hard.

Managing captains not playing stock ship is also a key to success. I am not saying that you should not dip the toes after all practice makes you progress if you can learn from it, but you should ytry to progress to say T6 and play until you feel reaonable comfortable there and remember at T6 you taste T8 ships so you will get a feeling for it, you may be slaughtered by them and feel that you must have the ship too but at T8 you will face T10. WOWs is a slowpaced game but it is also a slow paced grind. I have played for a year and several thousand games around 5000 before I reached my first T10 - well that was too slow but after that as I progressed the all lines (except Cvs) I reached the others in steady stream, it is very costly creditwise as I keep every ship. 

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
2 saat önce, Gnirf dedi:

To OP:

I want to add to the others that to get more experience faster it is wiser to buy premium time for more credits and XP before you invest in premium ships. Id you like the game f.e. 6 months of premium is costwise the same as Tirpitz and will bring you more credits and XP on every ship. The cost of buying and maintaining ships rises depending on your quality as a player the break even on normal might go around Tier 7 so premium as the costs stay the same makes you afford premium consumables 22500 for repair f.e. easier which makes you stay in the game longer. If you on mid tiers encounter both newbies and veterans things get tougher higher up, even if there are plenty of newbie on say T8 you have many very experienced players with high end captains that will punish you hard.

Managing captains not playing stock ship is also a key to success. I am not saying that you should not dip the toes after all practice makes you progress if you can learn from it, but you should ytry to progress to say T6 and play until you feel reaonable comfortable there and remember at T6 you taste T8 ships so you will get a feeling for it, you may be slaughtered by them and feel that you must have the ship too but at T8 you will face T10. WOWs is a slowpaced game but it is also a slow paced grind. I have played for a year and several thousand games around 5000 before I reached my first T10 - well that was too slow but after that as I progressed the all lines (except Cvs) I reached the others in steady stream, it is very costly creditwise as I keep every ship. 

Thank you very much for your advice. Now i play with Wyoming. I will go to  from this line. Yeah as you said, i get very little XP.Maybe next month i can get Tirpitz.

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles

It's time for the update to come, during this time I have opened 2 American Battleship and i play.With Sims I achieved a win rate of 47% to 50%, with the general win rate increased accordingly. I gained special ship character from German cruisers to Karlsruhe and opened Königsberg. I like cruisers. 8. Level Atago is a good choice? 

Arrangement:

How do we earn a rank? (Standing next to us, like the left side, some are silver, others are gold)

Beta Tester
1,342 posts
5,226 battles
2 hours ago, Braunschweige said:

It's time for the update to come, during this time I have opened 2 American Battleship and i play.With Sims I achieved a win rate of 47% to 50%, with the general win rate increased accordingly. I gained special ship character from German cruisers to Karlsruhe and opened Königsberg. I like cruisers. 8. Level Atago is a good choice? 

Arrangement:

How do we earn a rank? (Standing next to us, like the left side, some are silver, others are gold)

If you really really want to buy it no one can stop you. As a general response, yes the Atago is good. But for you at the current level of experience you have with the game, I would say it is probabbly going to be very frustrating and a bit of a waste of money since you probaly are not going to be able to fully utilise it. 

Any of the tier 6 premium cruisers are a better alternative for now if you feel the need for a premium. They are more similar to the ships you own, offer different playstyles and make more than enough money at your current level of grinding.

As for the Ranks, ranks can only be achieved during Ranked battles, you can read more about them here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes#Ranked_Battle

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
1,912 battles
12 dakika önce, ollonborre dedi:

If you really really want to buy it no one can stop you. As a general response, yes the Atago is good. But for you at the current level of experience you have with the game, I would say it is probabbly going to be very frustrating and a bit of a waste of money since you probaly are not going to be able to fully utilise it. 

Any of the tier 6 premium cruisers are a better alternative for now if you feel the need for a premium. They are more similar to the ships you own, offer different playstyles and make more than enough money at your current level of grinding.

As for the Ranks, ranks can only be achieved during Ranked battles, you can read more about them here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes#Ranked_Battle

Yes you are right.It took a long time to learn to play a 7th destroyer.I wait for next season.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles
7 hours ago, Braunschweige said:

I like cruisers. 8. Level Atago is a good choice? 

It might be worth having a look at the Dragon ships that are currently in the premium shop (although I don't know for how long) - they're T7s, so face less hideous opponents than Atago does; they also include a 10 point captain - as a relative newbie myself, I find these very helpful (although you can get 10 point captains free from some of the weekly operation things), as being able to afford a four point skill from the off can soften the difficulties of playing at a higher tier.

Caveat emptor though: you can't put cammo on the Dragon ships, so their concealment is worse than the silver ship that they're clones of (Myoko), if you put appropriate cammo on the latter.

My favourite premium cruiser, personally, is probably still Graf Spee though (run a close second by De Grasse) - a nice balance of decent guns, and usable torps.

• Cool 1