Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drasnighta

I Love This Game

15 comments in this topic

[SAVVY]
Players
196 posts
2,917 battles

I seem to be having a spell of bad luck. I hadn't detonated in anything other than a destroyer for about a month, then it happens twice in two days.

6T3HXs1.png

First this in the Izumo on my other account, on Monday evening. Missouri opens up at about 14km at me with his front guns, I wasn't angled particularly well, but the first shell that hits me detonates me straight up. The first AP shell I'd been hit that game as well.

Bad luck eh? Can't happen more than once? Nope, apparently it can.

daL8LPa.png

My first game yesterday evening in my Bismarck. A previously unspotted Yamato opens up from about 19km at me, and I wasn't even exposing much broadside at all (I was preparing for a Z-52's torpedoes).  1st hit from the Yamato (and the first AP hit of the game on me) detonates me, just like that. I love you RNG. Never ever detonated in the Bismarck before,  in over 60 battles with it (granted that isn't a huge amount).

Does the first hit you take have a higher chance of detonating you, maybe catching your armor off-guard or something? ._.

Well, I got 20 flags out of it. I suppose that's something.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

According to PTS patch notes detonations are being changed such that you can only be detonated if you are 75% health or below so at least WG are 25% closer to how the game should really be. Should make DD life a little better as now it will be the second shell that detonates you instead of the first. Yay!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

eh it's rare so it is fine..... :Smile_trollface:

Even rarer to get it in BBs by normal AP and not Torpedoes. To get it twice in so short time must mean you are safe for the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

According to PTS patch notes detonations are being changed such that you can only be detonated if you are 75% health or below so at least WG are 25% closer to how the game should really be. Should make DD life a little better as now it will be the second shell that detonates you instead of the first. Yay!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if WG "accidentaly" gave BBs the same odds of detonation in this patch then DDs?

Oh boy imagine the salt.... :cap_haloween:

[ONE2]
Players
2,932 posts
17,492 battles

Don't worry mate... I had the same experience in Musashi... Some 2 min into the game, fired 1 salvo and did 7000+ damage. Then got hit by an Iowa in return - Directly from the front. But instead of a bounce or pen on superstructure I detonated on the spot. Fun and games! :fish_boom::cap_haloween::Smile_bajan2:

Oh well, packed it up, changed my drinks and the ship and continued in Mogami - Rather ironically she turned out to be much more durable. :cap_like:

change.jpg.60234b04bbe7cc8919d07d8cf18ae95f.jpg

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
21 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Even rarer to get it in BBs by normal AP and not Torpedoes. To get it twice in so short time must mean you are safe for the next 5 years.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if WG "accidentaly" gave BBs the same odds of detonation in this patch then DDs?

There would be a hotfix quicker than you can say, well, "hotfix". But yeah, we would quickly see the BB captains who insist that "Detonations are OK" suddenly realising that detonations are, in fact, pretty EDIT far from OK.

Edited by Kampa1987
Swear word

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles
23 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Need to hit the ammo racks, which on bbs and cruisers are in the citadel. Since dds don't have that kind of armor they detonate more frequently. 

Still think carriers should be able to detonate too, given that they store lots of bombs, torps and gasoline. I mean just look at the rl Taiho. ...

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Guys, so you mean that detonations are NOT fair, balanced, fun, engaging and Working As Intended(tm)? INTO THE GULAG YOU GO

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,932 posts
17,492 battles

Nono Boss @orzel286. WE LOVE DETONATIONS, GIVE US MORE.:fish_boom: Please don't kill us... :Smile_hiding:

BUT

Perhaps they could be enabled only after, you are down to under 50% health tho. Would give us a chance to get at the least something done before the inevitable. :Smile_Default:

OR

Maybe just activate the doomsday clock 8 minutes after the battle has started to give players a head start. :Smile_izmena:

Beta Tester
369 posts
1,516 battles

Got one just now. Game starts, i hit enemy BB for 16k then start turning away, he returns fire, the whole salvo misses except one RNG shell that hits my full HP Montana and detonates the ship. 

I hope they keep it in, it´s so immersive and really improve the gameplay enormously, gotta love those amazing flags as well that you get:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles

Detonations are messed up.

I got detonated when i got hit at stern, bow, mid ship, superstructure ... by a torpedo .... I think the only thing that did not detonate me yet are dive bombers and friendly rams (will probably edit this post within a week).

Seems like whole ship is one big magazine ... or the sailors are messy and they just drop shells everywhere in the ship.

[BBMM]
Players
934 posts
4,359 battles

I was detonated in my Atago the other day and a few battles later, I detonated an Edinburgh with a torpedo. What goes around comes around and the flags will come in handy for the next season of ranked. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Are you running the detonation module? 

No.

I dont want this RNG BS to force me to use the module that only provides partly (unproven) protection while I have to ditch a very useful module.

I am using deto signals on every DD game.

[N0RSE]
Players
1,735 posts
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No.

I dont want this RNG BS to force me to use the module that only provides partly (unproven) protection while I have to ditch a very useful module.

I am using deto signals on every DD game.

You have not read my detonation thread have you? :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this