Yaskaraxx

Shimakaze/YueYang - Demolition Expert

9 comments in this topic

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,834 battles

I noticed that many excellent players advise as best/optimal captain's skill build (both ships), for RANKS:

1) PM

2)AR + LS

3)SE + TAE

4)RL + CE

Question: I was wondering, playing RANDOM battles would it be same as good a build when one would change SE ---> DE? Thus:

1)PM

2)AR + LS

3) TAE + DE

4) RL + CE

I mean, we all now the key key strategy : hitting a ship (torps + flooding) ----> enemy ships uses Damage Control Party to stop flooding-----> try to set fires to enemy ship to get optimal fire damage result

Swithching SE ----> DE gives one an extra 2% HE but also means (above) that your health pool will be somewhat lower, but, maybe the extra damage (fire) makes good for that? Could well be,  don't know for sure.

I was wondering because I have the build with DE on my Akatasuki (=my very favourite destroyer: 38 knots/triple torp launchers/ 63 secs reload!/10 kms heavy torps/excellent rudder/excellent looking special camo(=+50% XP etc.) while I have the first build (the one without DE) for my Shimakaze. In practice I notice that my Akatsuki sets fires far more easily than my Shimakaze. Both my Shima and Akatsuki have separate permanent 19-points captains).

So, would it be a good possibility to change both my YueYang + Shimakaze 19 points captains to the second build (the one having DE insted of SE)?

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Just in gun duels, you can probably squeeze out more damage with the extra health of SE than with DE. However, DE is really more for getting just a little bit more fire damage. But how much fire damage do you generally do, compared to straight gun damage or torpedoes? I find that DE works with the American guns, but not with the Japanese guns. Overall, I'd still favour SE over DE in any DD.

[POI--]
Players
5,934 posts
7,236 battles
On 14.2.2018 at 4:01 PM, AnotherDuck said:

Just in gun duels, you can probably squeeze out more damage with the extra health of SE than with DE. However, DE is really more for getting just a little bit more fire damage. But how much fire damage do you generally do, compared to straight gun damage or torpedoes? I find that DE works with the American guns, but not with the Japanese guns. Overall, I'd still favour SE over DE in any DD.

Unless it's the Type 98 10 cm guns.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Riselotte sagte:

Unless it's the Type 98 10 cm guns.

Nah, the 10cm guns need IFHE and BFT, you won't have points left for DE.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
11 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Nah, the 10cm guns need IFHE and BFT, you won't have points left for DE.

Picking IFHE is mostly irrelevant for whether you pick DE on an Akiduki build. That's a 4p skill, while DE and BFT are 3p. Still, the choice is generally left to pick two of the three decent 3p skills, unless you want to give up CE to have all three, which I wouldn't recommend.

1: PM.

2: AR, LS.

3: Two of SE, BFT, and DE.

4: IFHE, CE.

This choice is more open than for the other IJN DDs. You've got a good base health already, so SE gives less of an advantage compared to for other DDs, but it's still a very solid pick. The choice between BFT and DE depends, as usual for DDs, on whether you fight mostly DDs or larger ships. The extra DPS of BFT is always welcome, but DE gives a substantial boost in fire chance, since it's not that high to begin with, and the boost is absolute rather than relative.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, AnotherDuck sagte:

The choice between BFT and DE depends

Honestly, no. BFT is far better than DE. Because with more shells, you get more fires as well. And more Alpha Damage for HE and AP shells.

Not to forget the 20% more AA.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
45 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Honestly, no. BFT is far better than DE. Because with more shells, you get more fires as well. And more Alpha Damage for HE and AP shells.

Not to forget the 20% more AA.

Well, I'd pick BFT for a DD over DE any day of the week.

The fire increase is 10% with BFT, but 40% (2% to the base 5%) with DE, so those aren't all that comparable. That's excluding how various fire resistances work, since I'm not sure how those work exactly.