Visual Effects

9 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,685 posts
2,615 battles

Captains,

Please leave any feedback regarding the visual effects changes in update 0.7.2 public test here.

[THEC]
Players
70 posts
10,664 battles

The gunfire water splashes are way too quick with dropping now. It gives the impression the entire game is sped up, even more so than average gameplay already does. The duration they have on live is just fine. Although I can understand that it's a game element which pretty much directly blocks the ability to properly aim at targets, the complaints about it just smell like typical baBBies whining about not being able to instagib stuff all day every day.

I play CA/BB/DD, and I think it's not an overpowered feature or game-breaking element in any way, whichever class I'm playing.

Players
3,772 posts
7,464 battles

The thunderstorm effects on the new operation are a bit too much, it's too hard to see enemy ships even at relatively short ranges.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,095 posts

I really like the effects of the thunderstorm. This is exactly what Cyclones should look like.

I don't like the 'nerfed' water splashes from shells. It was perfect the way it was.

It looks really stupid now, all sped up. If they're in the way, just wait a sec before you shoot long reloading guns. Really, I don't see the need for change here. If anything, it gave a nice albeit very small advantage to a highly focussed down ship. What's wrong with that?

• Cool 2

Players
2 posts
5,928 battles

The new wakes and the thunderstorm look great! The new splashes are too quick and consequently the scaling feels wrong, I prefer the current ones. I agree with the precedent comment, cyclones should really be reworked to ressemble this new weather, the currents ones are awful: 8km line of sight but absolutely no fog, islands other side of the map are perfectly visible... 

Players
13 posts
5,998 battles

The thunderstorm effect is just perfect..... exactly what a storm visibility is like.

The Bow waves are also a very nice addition, as are the higher waves on the ocean. BUT. In a storm as depicted in the Hermes Scenario, you would have swells of around 5 to 8 meters high, AND the ships would be pitching and rolling a great amount..... That is what is missing from this game Pitching and Rolling... this will give more realism and affect aiming.

In my opinion the stern wake should be longer and probably a little extra foam added.

As for shell splash, I agree with the others, please go back to the old way.

Players
97 posts
23,269 battles

The thunderstorm effects are good, but very demanding for low-level graphics (or integrated Intel graphics). The 40-60 fps collapse at 10 fps inside the storm / fog !!!

Sign in to follow this