Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Game Core Improvements

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,604 battles

Captains,

 

Please leave any feedback regarding the game core improvements in update 0.7.2 public test here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
933 posts
11,036 battles

Realy Bad idea with 75% of life- will be an other Battleship buff, while they got a low detonation chance now.

 

For other classes it will be no different- one salvo kills will be possible, after that change... 

Makes no different to get deotnation by first or 4th shell of a salvo.

 

Battleships can repair again above 75%, classes that need this buff, can´t repair most times.

 

At the end it will change nothing for ships that can be "clickkilled" by a battleship from 100% to 0.

 

 

Just another step to World of Battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
12 posts
2,846 battles

Just a general tugt. When you get sunk and stay to follow another ship, what are the logic behind which ship you get to when you click the left mouse button?

I would prefer to follow  ship close to where I got sunk. That is where I have been in the midst of battle and most often cooperating with other ships. Why am I moved to the ship furthest from the place I got sunk at?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,604 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, Tamalla said:

Realy Bad idea with 75% of life- will be an other Battleship buff, while they got a low detonation chance now.

 

For other classes it will be no different- one salvo kills will be possible, after that change... 

Makes no different to get deotnation by first or 4th shell of a salvo.

 

Battleships can repair again above 75%, classes that need this buff, can´t repair most times.

 

At the end it will change nothing for ships that can be "clickkilled" by a battleship from 100% to 0.

 

 

Just another step to World of Battleships.

 

Cruisers will of course still be able to get killed outright with good citadel hits, but random detonations caused by individual shells should be reduced drastically.

 

Don't sail in a straight line, don't sail broadside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
933 posts
11,036 battles

Makes no different, broeadside or not, at 21km+...they came from above.

 

@MrConway it should reduce frustration lvl to die by first salvo- but it will not work for crouisers and destroyer..

 

it makes not a different, to die by first salvo shell one or shell four, you die by first salvo.. (one to three reducle life below 75% fourth detonates you).

 

It is an other buff for battleships that got actual a very low detonation chance so, do they realy need this buff too? and realy hard to bring them below 75% health and detonate in one salvo- nearly impossible..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,604 battles
2 hours ago, Tamalla said:

Makes no different, broeadside or not, at 21km+...they came from above.

 

@MrConway it should reduce frustration lvl to die by first salvo- but it will not work for crouisers and destroyer..

 

it makes not a different, to die by first salvo shell one or shell four, you die by first salvo.. (one to three reducle life below 75% fourth detonates you).

 

It is an other buff for battleships that got actual a very low detonation chance so, do they realy need this buff too? and realy hard to bring them below 75% health and detonate in one salvo- nearly impossible..

 

The rate of detonations is actually very low already, especially for battleships, so it should definitely not buff them.

 

We will see how this change works out and make further changes if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
5,454 posts
11,634 battles
10 hours ago, MrConway said:

Don't sail in a straight line, don't sail broadside!

 

I remember times this would also be the case for BBs. But those times are long gone :Smile_sceptic:

 

 

OT: While it`s nice that ships might not explode with the first shell to hit them, putting it down to 75% won`t change much tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,604 battles
18 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

 

I remember times this would also be the case for BBs. But those times are long gone :Smile_sceptic:

 

 

OT: While it`s nice that ships might not explode with the first shell to hit them, putting it down to 75% won`t change much tbh.

 

I really do hope that you spawn on the enemy team and sail broadside in your Battleship to me if you think that is true :cap_rambo:

 

While we might have reduced the amount of citadels some battleships eat, the amount of damage done through broadside AP penetrations is still very nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
5,454 posts
11,634 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

I really do hope that you spawn on the enemy team and sail broadside in your Battleship to me if you think that is true :cap_rambo:

 

I don`t sail broadside, I shoot at players , who make such a mistake and I don`t feel like they`re punished enough for their misplay.

 

Sure, some of the BBs with their submerged citadel might take tons of normal pen damage, but instant wipes are (almost) impossible to archive with other BBs to punish this behavior.

The only BBs that can get reliable get punished by citadels are the dinosaurs of the IJN, Italian- and some US-BBs. The KM-BBs have that hard to hit citadel as bonus because they`re brawlers.

HT US BBs got them lowered because, yes why? Because the playerbase wanted it, to make them play easier?

Majority of the RN-BBs are just HE-spamming gameplay*. Sure, you might take a hard hit there and then, but real punishment for sailing in a straight line is not hard enough for them.

 

*Good players will know when to use AP, the majority doesn`t bother switching ammo.

 

I think it`s funny that only the BB-class is excluded for being punished hard by guns for making mistakes. Every other class is dead if they make similar mistakes, BBs often get a second chance to angle against the enemy.

 

2 hours ago, MrConway said:

While we might have reduced the amount of citadels some battleships eat, the amount of damage done through broadside AP penetrations is still very nasty.

 

Nasty, thats all. It`s not like any other class, who usually find themselves back in the harbour if they make such a mistake.

While I understand the BB should be the sturdiest ships in the game, I don`t agree with the certain recent trend to make them as easy to play* as they`re atm.

 

*(easy to play, hard to master)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×