Overall Quality & Stability

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,756 battles

Captains,

Please leave any  feedback regarding the overall quality and stability of update 0.7.2 public test.

[WGBD]
Players
26 posts
8,009 battles

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I'm trying to run at 4K settings to test the mini map size improvements, but I've had crashes at the end of every Operation Hermes I've done

Players
1 post
314 battles

Ive experienced unstable frame rates in the maps trap, neigbors and overall all maps have a light fps dip here n there. But i guess its something that will be ironed out. ive been playing at ultra 1080p

Players
5 posts

Can you make the minimap scalable or possible to deactivate the scaling in 4k ?

I'm playing with 4k DSR 1080p and the minimap size was ok for me before but the chat text size is to tiny. I can barely read it.

The best solution would be a scaling slider for the whole HUD if possible.

Players
366 posts

Hi Wg.

In test and main game there still is an issue with enemy ships at short ranges disappearing/reappearing with no reason at to why ie no island in the way or storms visual ranges taking effect.

Please shorten the waiting times to enter all battles etc.

As for those on about the minimap scaling don't take this wrongly but i was under the assumption that plus/minus keys are used to scale the minimap large/small, so why does no one know of this or have never read about this in the game and key control settings. 

Players
5 posts
12 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi Wg.

In test and main game there still is an issue with enemy ships at short ranges disappearing/reappearing with no reason at to why ie no island in the way or storms visual ranges taking effect.

Please shorten the waiting times to enter all battles etc.

As for those on about the minimap scaling don't take this wrongly but i was under the assumption that plus/minus keys are used to scale the minimap large/small, so why does no one know of this or have never read about this in the game and key control settings. 

Thank you very much, plus/minus keys work :cap_like:

Now I only need the same feature for chat text size.

Maybe thats why they reset the hotkeys in the last patch, to tell us about the new buttons instead of writing them in the patch notes :cap_rambo: 

Players
366 posts

Glad to help Streamer1337  i have no info on chat scale but you cloud try one of the official WG Mods there is chat options in one of them though unknown if scaling involved. 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,756 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 9:19 PM, streamer1337 said:

Thank you very much, plus/minus keys work :cap_like:

Now I only need the same feature for chat text size.

Maybe thats why they reset the hotkeys in the last patch, to tell us about the new buttons instead of writing them in the patch notes :cap_rambo: 

Unfortunately we cannot yet offer scaling for the rest of the interface due to the limitations with the system we are using. We are however hoping to address this later this year to let everyone play at 4K comfortably. (no promises yet though)

The minimap was the only thing we could quickly change without having to rework the UI.

[OCTO]
Players
164 posts
11,237 battles

Is the emblem/isigna option out is there ?

That d improve a lot the game, and would save a mod to use to disable it. :D

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,756 battles
2 hours ago, Steph246 said:

Is the emblem/isigna option out is there ?

That d improve a lot the game, and would save a mod to use to disable it. :D

If there is still a demand for this option once everyone has gotten used to the new feature, we might implement it. We think it gives the game another nice customization option though, so give it a shot or use the mod to disable them for now if you really cannot stand them.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
164 posts
11,237 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

If there is still a demand for this option once everyone has gotten used to the new feature, we might implement it. We think it gives the game another nice customization option though, so give it a shot or use the mod to disable them for now if you really cannot stand them.

The demand is qualitative, these players don't bother with the forum really. Most of complainers believe WG is able to remind the request, and that the option is currently into the scrum.

I sense players used to install mods on WoT to upgrade the game, for WoWs, it's gonna be the same thing, well this time to "downgrade".

I ll keep using the mod of course, until I find the game unentertaining, here s a link where it can be found.

Danke