You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dlia_Katyushi

What is the Purpose of the GZ Hydro WG?

28 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
4 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Tell me WeeGee, why put hydro on a CV?

Bcuz planes aren't good enough to spot torps coming from a DD next to you :Smile_trollface:

Can't wait for all the "ME HAZ HIDRO" secondary build GZs rushing some cap together with DDs :fish_palm:

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
10 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

It's a brawler CV.

The planes are so $hitty, that they had to give it a gimmick which are Bismarck-esque secondaries for brawling. And you'll need hydro to dodge torps with your agility, so you'll get Hydro on top.

It's actually working as i managed to kill a DD with my secondaries while trying to cap, tho the enemy team had El2aZeR in his Enterprise on the enemy team. ^^

EDIT: just saw what wilkatis_LV posted...lel

• Funny 3

[AAO]
Players
2,116 posts
10,620 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

tho the team had El2aZeR in his Enterprise on the enemy team. ^^

at this point we say:

5663ee87c6f673d77bc09f4a4c5acf7f6edcad21

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
6 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

at this point we say:

5663ee87c6f673d77bc09f4a4c5acf7f6edcad21

Yep, that sums it up nicely. :cap_like:

He killed all my planes...and my teams DDs (which sucked anyway as they refused to enter the cap on epicenter)...and my teams BBs, so i was forced to cap when a wild Tashkent appeared!

Jethro used GZ secondary build...it was super effective  :Smile_great: ...but than my ship got sunk. :Smile_sad:

[ONE2]
Players
2,782 posts
16,028 battles
16 hours ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Dude, this is WG we are talking about. There IS no purpose. It is just there because it has been branded a "German Trait". Because you know, all German babies are born with a built-in Hydro (this is totally true, I swear) and a natural proclivity to submerge, when put on water. But if I have to start explaining where babies come from, you're on your own lad, sorry.:Smile_child:

Even my father's VW had a Hydro... :Smile_smile:

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
12 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Similar to the geniuses' argument to detonation:

It doesn't happen that often, so iz no problem. Makes you feel better? :Smile-_tongue:

To be fair, detonations are rare, while DDs take massive damage every time.

At least deteonations provide you with some flags as compensation while a bunch of overpens on your DD are a excellent source of frustration.

11 hours ago, aboomination said:

If only she also had Bismarck's armor :cap_hmm:

+

12 minutes ago, Gobbernator said:

Should've had the option to switch defensive fire out for repair. That would have been something truly great.:cap_tea:

If GZ had a bit more armor and as an addition the heal, she'd be quite a good ship and one that could play very aggressively.

Too bad WG didn't think that far.

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

If GZ had a bit more armor and as an addition the heal, she'd be quite a good ship and one that could play very aggressively.

Too bad WG didn't think that far.

To be honest, i had hoped they give the Enterprise the repair option instead of def fire - given the reputation of the ship. Its a good ship, but the way WG deals out the gimmicks is, for the most part, not very satisfying. 

Beta Tester
2,658 posts
10,271 battles

It is only useful, if you lost all your planes. 

I would prefer more range on the secondaries, since the weak fighters make it impossible to slot the secondary upgrade. 

• Cool 1

Privateer
291 posts
5,460 battles

preparation for 20km torp spam? 

Btw hydro is half way from radar :Smile_glasses:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,558 battles
8 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It is only useful, if you lost all your planes. 

I would prefer more range on the secondaries, since the weak fighters make it impossible to slot the secondary upgrade. 

Well tehy allready removed the need to man secendary skill by making them pinpoint without. its ratehr either for 19 point comanders or for those that can live without CE.... its a gimic anyway.

Beta Tester
2,658 posts
10,271 battles
Just now, Spellfire40 said:

Well tehy allready removed the need to man secendary skill by making them pinpoint without. its ratehr either for 19 point comanders or for those that can live without CE.... its a gimic anyway.

Not talking AFT skill here, but upgrade module. 

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts
10 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Not talking AFT skill here, but upgrade module. 

To be fair, i think the way the modules are distributed is overall rather bad and there is pretty much no real choice for CVs. Its one of those things that should be reworked but i have my doubts about that - remembering the year of the carrier and all.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,558 battles
3 minutes ago, Gobbernator said:

To be fair, i think the way the modules are distributed is overall rather bad and there is pretty much no real choice for CVs. Its one of those things that should be reworked but i have my doubts about that - remembering the year of the carrier and all.

Well thats a general problem with CVs. Skillwise they lowered Torp speed and them made a skill to increase it back too old standard too wich is uperly useless. IF skills or modules are reqired they should be in base hull. that would it make way easyer to balace. Skills like CE and last stand come to mind as is the Stealth mod. other lasses have more options drastically changing their utility for one option or another like Survival vs Secondary vs Anti Air. CVs ae stuck in one build 99% of the time unless your really dont care about your fighters. Whats even worse is that you basically forced to free exp planeupgrades to be even remotly on a even playing field compared to other classes.

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts
31 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Well thats a general problem with CVs. Skillwise they lowered Torp speed and them made a skill to increase it back too old standard too wich is uperly useless. IF skills or modules are reqired they should be in base hull. that would it make way easyer to balace. Skills like CE and last stand come to mind as is the Stealth mod. other lasses have more options drastically changing their utility for one option or another like Survival vs Secondary vs Anti Air. CVs ae stuck in one build 99% of the time unless your really dont care about your fighters. Whats even worse is that you basically forced to free exp planeupgrades to be even remotly on a even playing field compared to other classes.

Pretty much this. 

The plane upgrading is hilarious too. Its not even comparable to the Hull upgrades or AA upgrades of other classes. If you don't have your fighters on par with the enemy, you're getting rolled over, hard. 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,469 posts
9,924 battles
6 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Still not a carrier's job and only "relevant" when the crap already hit the fan and hardly relevant in any "competitive" mode. My problems with this ship are the loadouts, ammo capacity (fighters), plane capacity (fighters) and strike potential - short: I'd like her to be more "normal" and viable for ranked.

The way she is atm, she will be a meme machine for random and a frustrating experience on both ends because of inconsistency and lack of air control/utility. But I guess that random plebs will be amazed by blaping a Bismarck every 4th game and feel like farazelleth reborn.

The ability to kite ships in her secondaries or to push into near-dead enemies with hydro is appreciated and hilarious. Other CV can do that to a lesser (but sufficient) extent, tho.

But hey, I'm a CV noob - WG hopefully knows better.

ps: Oh - and I'd take away circular bombing areas from auto drops. Or maybe remove this feature for good even from (so, so hard to execute) manual attacks. So that skill and awareness matter more on both ends.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Hydro kinda makes sense when you consider the brawly undertones of the ship and the german national flavour is Hydro. Also its very situational so not that big of a deal to add.

On the other hand Repair party could have been more interesting.

[AAO]
Players
2,116 posts
10,620 battles
4 hours ago, aboomination said:

be a meme machine

the only valid answer to the question of this topic

• Cool 1

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles

Yo guys,

What you think when we might have GZ in shop for sale?

I was just wondering, but I dont want to trust my calculations... around half year? :cap_haloween:

Your opinions? Thanks

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,558 battles
6 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yo guys,

What you think when we might have GZ in shop for sale?

I was just wondering, but I dont want to trust my calculations... around half year? :cap_haloween:

Your opinions? Thanks

The Testmission is up to the 23.2 usally we get a questinarry at the end. This is the 1st time they gave a muti Flightcontroll GZ(no GZ II this testcycle)  so unless something drastical hapens it should be the finished product. 

So my Estimation would be like 2 to 4 Weeks after this Testround IF anything goes as they want.

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles
51 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

The Testmission is up to the 23.2 usally we get a questinarry at the end. This is the 1st time they gave a muti Flightcontroll GZ(no GZ II this testcycle)  so unless something drastical hapens it should be the finished product. 

So my Estimation would be like 2 to 4 Weeks after this Testround IF anything goes as they want.

She has 3 month blanko ban from shop, for premium users who bought her before ....

So 4 months AT least.