You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Overconfidence™ Mk.2

114 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,763 battles

Soo ... a little continuation from back then:

shot-18.02.13_17.21.22-0583.jpg

shot-18.02.13_17.21.24-0581.jpg
shot-18.02.13_17.21.30-0755.jpg
shot-18.02.13_17.21.33-0881.jpg

Got spotted by enemy DD, took one volley of BB AP from a Missouri, he hits me with 4 shells (that godlike dispersion RNG) ... *blap* -> *ded*.

Missouri AP does 13500 maximum damage, DDs don't have citadels (or so WG is telling us). So 4x(13500x0.33) would be 17820. Still plenty, but not enough to oneshot me.

When is that supposed BB AP vs DD fix coming?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

Bro. Gitgud. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

Inb4 more scrubs come in here to point and laugh. I do feel this thread has a big point. This was dumb. Reminds me of a CB game we had this weekend where after 10 overpenetrations I had done around 50k damage...

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,292 posts
12,472 battles
21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Soo ... a little continuation from back then:

sad, sad picture1

sad, sad picture2

sad, sad picture3

sad, sad picture4

Got spotted by enemy DD, took one volley of BB AP from a Missouri, he hits me with 4 shells (that godlike dispersion RNG) ... *blap* -> *ded*.

Missouri AP does 13500 maximum damage, DDs don't have citadels (or so WG is telling us). So 4x(13500x0.33) would be 17820. Still plenty, but not enough to oneshot me.

When is that supposed BB AP vs DD fix coming?

Knowing WG, i'd say probably some time after the great CV re-worktm (terms and conditions may apply)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Knowing WG, i'd say probably some time after the great CV re-worktm (terms and conditions may apply)

"Year of the CV" since 2015 :Smile_hiding:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i usually tell all the noobs to at least survive for 5 minutes... 2 minutes and 22 seconds... how useless can you get? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[CAIN]
Players
3,292 posts
12,472 battles
1 minute ago, Loran_Battle said:

"Year of the CV" since 2015 :Smile_hiding:

Well, let's mark this thread in a special browser folder named 'time capsule'.

Open this topic in 5 years from now on and talk about the good old times where we made fun about the CV rework and how things have changed, now that WG officially announced the rework for 2024 - the year of the CV- for realsies this time!

• Funny 2

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Bro. L2P 

13 minutes ago, robihr said:

i usually tell all the noobs to at least survive for 5 minutes... 2 minutes and 22 seconds... how useless can you get? :Smile_trollface:

Consider you need at least one minute and a half to 2 minutes to engage the enemy :Smile_trollface:

But totally agree with you Aoteras, playing Khaba a lot those days (It's relaxing + farming the average damage achievement) I know it 's a fat DD but still, the amount of 15k+ dmg volleys from BBs AP is BS.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles

I hate that Missouri. That goddamn RNG he has. I never get those. My shells just never hit a damn DD.

Oh and...

th_681577328_Snapshot15_123_416lo.jpg&ke

Or you can swim :)

fSGU09iyWP0.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,763 battles
33 minutes ago, respect_my_slavspace said:

Think of it as a detonation.

Funny considering I use my anti-detonation flags on all my DDs now.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

Oh come on, Conquerors need a reason to switch ammo. At least from time to time!

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,292 posts
12,472 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Oh come on, Conquerors need a reason to switch ammo. At least from time to time!

Oddly enough, in my BBs i always shoot AP at DDs, i even switch from HE to AP if iM hunting them or expect to be rushed by one.

I find its much more reliable...thx WG, these small quality of life improvements makes my BB games so much more enjoyable! :Smile_great:

But since i play mostly DDs (and CLs) i'd very much appreciate it if it didn't get blapped by random BB shells, so screw the CVs and fix that overpen bug.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,763 battles

Heh, it appears I have attracted a secret admirer who's busy tagging my posts as boring :Smile_hiding:

edit://

No, not you Pzycho.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles

Ah, the Misery strikes again.

If you think that is bad try playing high tier IJN DDs. If you are not running from radar everywhere, you are running from PA DDs. You spend 80% of the match running away from something. Pretty soon WG will start giving radar and hydro to catapult planes. Then we are truly f*cked.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,292 posts
12,472 battles
2 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

Ah, the Misery strikes again.

If you think that is bad try playing high tier IJN DDs. If you are not running from radar everywhere, you are running from PA DDs. You spend 80% of the match running away from something. Pretty soon WG will start giving radar and hydro to catapult planes. Then we are truly f*cked.

It's not running, it's called kiting. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,327 posts
3,693 battles

DISHONOR! DISHONOR!

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

Seriously bro, less than 5 minutes and dead already?

Seriously though. Freaking BB AP has to be adjusted against DD's, as it not only makes it absolutely unfun for DD players (and I don't care how historical it is for BB AP to kill stuff, this is a game balance issue), but it also to a certain degree elminate the need for screening cruisers, and make BB's real jacks of all trades. Which really isn't how it should be.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles

Clearly issue with a shell doing double dmg not X ships interaction with Y ship, because - newsflash! - any ship firing at any ship can get that bug happening, it's just that it becomes more noticeable when a high-damage shell hits a low-health target. Get your facts straight

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,763 battles
16 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Clearly issue with a shell doing double dmg not X ships interaction with Y ship, because - newsflash! - any ship firing at any ship can get that bug happening, it's just that it becomes more noticeable when a high-damage shell hits a low-health target. Get your facts straight

Who got your knickers in a twist to be so antagonistic?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles
14 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Who got your knickers in a twist to be so antagonistic?

A shell doing double damage has nothing to do with BB firing it or DD taking it - as I said

32 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Get your facts straight

Players
161 posts
9,012 battles

Apparently your ship wasn't BIG enough to take the punishment. Try a BB next time, preferably premium.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
2,260 posts
11,081 battles

Similar to the geniuses' argument to detonation:

It doesn't happen that often, so iz no problem. Makes you feel better? :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,763 battles
27 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

A shell doing double damage has nothing to do with BB firing it or DD taking it - as I said

And once again, who got your knickers in a twist for you to be so antagonistic about it?

My reaction to being on the receiving end of that volley was more chill than your comment. So tone down the level of condescension in your comments a couple notches mate.