You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Taliesn

Players Killing themselves

54 comments in this topic

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles

Ok, game last evening, less than 1 minute into the game the Tirpitz (pink before the game started) starts firing at the closest ship, our CV. No previous provocation or accidental crash whatsoever. Tirpitz starts to lose HP.

Tirpitz 1.jpg

Not happy with it, he launches his torps.

Tirpitz 2.jpg

And 3 minutes into the game he's gone. Now this is not a new player, he has more than 4k battles, bad player but not horribly bad, he has a 32% hit rate, I wonder if that includes firing at team mates at point blank.

Tirpitz 3.jpg

So what's the point? What crosses someone's mind to do something like this? If you want to suicide why don't you just sail full ahead towards the cap and serve as target practice for a couple of minutes?

• Funny 2

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Interesting, just yesterday a New York did the same thing bar the torps. It was a while when I saw something similar, so for a good second I did not even realize how it was even possible for a battleship to suicide. We lost that match, though I wouldn't give too much blame on a missing NY in a T7 match. Nonetheless, d*ck move.

Guess people start to get bored seriously. But then why log in...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not even the classic case of "Oh, XVM says win chance is 49%, time to kill myself."

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles

Yeah, there's a wealth of more interesting games around for those who find WoWs too boring. You know: The Farming Simulator, Goat Simulator, Knitting Simulator and Watching Paint Dry Simulator just to name a few. But then again, there are some people, who actually just WANT to be complete di*cks and can't be helped except by a professionally trained psychiatrist and a straight jacket, so there's that. :Smile_Default:

loon.jpg.f55fb8323c0ea89c8034bb8ac20225c9.jpg

• Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
3,834 posts
4,988 battles
17 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

And 3 minutes into the game he's gone. Now this is not a new player, he has more than 4k battles, bad player but not horribly bad, he has a 32% hit rate, I wonder if that includes firing at team mates at point blank.

32% is horribly bad. and TKing kind of explains how they got there, because even if you afk half your games and play potato the other half, you'd likely stay in the 40s.

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

32% is horribly bad. and TKing kind of explains how they got there, because even if you afk half your games and play potato the other half, you'd likely stay in the 40s.

32% GUN hit rate, not 32% win rate, which is utterly bad as in I've yet to come across someone THAT bad.

[POI--]
Players
3,834 posts
4,988 battles

Alright, my bad. Though I'd not be surprised at people existing with such win rates, given the quality of play shown.

Also, 32% hit rate on unsuspecting allies is poor, given they likely won't evade and spawn right next to you.

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

Alright, my bad. Though I'd not be surprised at people existing with such win rates, given the quality of play shown.

Also, 32% hit rate on unsuspecting allies is poor, given they likely won't evade and spawn right next to you.

Hmmm, I would hope the 32% hit rate would mostly be made up of shots fired at the enemy.

[POI--]
Players
3,834 posts
4,988 battles
Just now, Taliesn said:

Hmmm, I would hope the 32% hit rate would mostly be made up of shots fired at the enemy.

You would hope, but look at the evidence.

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles
5 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

32% GUN hit rate, not 32% win rate, which is utterly bad as in I've yet to come across someone THAT bad.

Bwahhahahah! Dude, you should have seen me in my earliest Potato Days. Totally nailed 28% winrate. Sadly, I have since somewhat lost my edge in Total Potato Awesomeness. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Bwahhahahah! Dude, you should have seen me in my earliest Potato Days. Totally nailed 28% winrate. Sadly, I have since somewhat lost my edge in Total Potato Awesomeness. :cap_haloween:

That's not Potato Days, that's a bad streak that accidentally happened when you started :cap_cool:

Happened to me as well.  

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles

Naah! @Taliesn But there you're wrong lad.:cap_old:

It lasted for almost 300 battles... Until I finally (quite accidentally) found out what something called "Torpedo range", "Torp Aiming" and "Binocular view" actually mean. :cap_look:

I'm not kidding. You know, not really the type to read manuals or maps (or to watch educational videos) type of thingy... :Smile_teethhappy:

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,609 posts
5,132 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

It lasted for almost 300 battles... Until I finally (quite accidentally) found out what something called "Torpedo range", "Torp Aiming" and "Binocular view" actually mean. :cap_look:

I'm not kidding. You know, not really the type to read manuals or maps (or to watch educational videos) type of thingy... :Smile_teethhappy:

I had that in WoT's - thought I could do stuff well without really trying to learn the game, until I started to question why other people could do stuff that I couldn't  (or were much better at it), then I discovered, 'eureka', the forums, where I actually started to learn stuff and take a more serious approach. No excuse for me in WoWs as I have been around since long before it even went into Alpha :).

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles

Heheh! @philjd in my case, it so happened that one day  I got drunk and in my stupor started to watch Youtube videos. One of them incidentally contained some advise on how to aim torps and by some even more amazing co-incidence I actually remembered it the following day... Admittedly, I've watched quite a few since with a predictable impact on my gameplay, was so encouraged in fact that I have even bothered to read the available in-game instructions too (voice message hotkeys and stuff).:Smile_great:

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles
19 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I think it took me 3000 battles to find out that if I double clicked I would fire all guns at the same time. There, I've said it.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles
23 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

I think it took me 3000 battles to find out that if I double clicked I would fire all guns at the same time. There, I've said it.

Hehehe! Incidentally.... I also (much later) have discovered that if you keep the mouse button down, your guns will actually keep firing in sequence until released. Ahh! The wonderful things we see and learn. :cap_wander_2::Smile_teethhappy:

Until then I had always religiously kept pressing the button separately for each individual turret. This of course meant that my aim went a bit off in-between each click of the mouse... 11% main gun hitrate anyone (it has improved now)?:Smile_facepalm:

The scary thing is, we DO have guys like that lurking in a Tirpitz near you! :Smile_ohmy:(I really don't mind low tiers, that's what they are for but).

panic.jpg.75caf040a7e82639282787e852369fe4.jpg

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Did the same when I started playing WoT a few years ago; on a laptop using the touchpad as didn't have a mouse, also, didn't realise you could actually zoom in until after I'd bought one and that was after 500ish battles. What a plonker!!!

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevbar said:

... also, didn't realise you could actually zoom in until after I'd bought one and that was after 500ish battles. What a plonker!!!

I can feel your pain, my previous mouse did not even have a mouse wheel (don't ask, it was OLD, probably even older than myself), so I just discovered this magical "Zooming" feature quite recently, perhaps 1 year ago, when I finally destroyed the old one and was forced to buy a "modern" mouse. :Smile_teethhappy:

And yeah, before anyone asks, my computer still works on pedals powered by a hidden midget. :fish_nerv:

• Funny 1

Players
1,657 posts
9,070 battles
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

not 32% win rate, which is utterly bad as in I've yet to come across someone THAT bad.

The only reason you could make that statement is because you're not looking close enough.

Install something that show you wr/wtr of all the people in your game, and come again please.

It's the main reason I stopped using it. I know most players are beyond r3tarded, but I didn't need to see it quantified :Smile_sad:

[BS4]
Players
762 posts
5,130 battles
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Are you saying 32% hit rate is bad or win rate 32%...because YOUR main battery hit rate is 31%??..according to your stats.:Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
726 posts
6,257 battles
3 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

Interesting, just yesterday a New York did the same thing bar the torps. It was a while when I saw something similar, so for a good second I did not even realize how it was even possible for a battleship to suicide. We lost that match, though I wouldn't give too much blame on a missing NY in a T7 match. Nonetheless, d*ck move.

Guess people start to get bored seriously. But then why log in...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not even the classic case of "Oh, XVM says win chance is 49%, time to kill myself."

This is why I quit Tanks, and I'm never going back.

If WoWs starts to succumb to this they can kiss my premium-buying, whale arse goodbye.

• Cool 1

Players
1,409 posts
12,953 battles

I had a game the other day where one Shima on our team torpedoed another Shima on our team and killed him. The Shima that got torped had a pink div friend in a Roon(?) that got pissed and killed the second line torping Shima and ended up killing himself aswell. 3 ships gone at the start of the game. Needless to say we lost.

Just the avg WoWs players. 

There is a special place in hell for players like that. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

There is a special place in hell for players like that. 

Yes, it is called the "Ocean" map... Bwahahahaha! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
4 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, there's a wealth of more interesting games around for those who find WoWs too boring. You know: The Farming Simulator, Goat Simulator, Knitting Simulator and Watching Paint Dry Simulator just to name a few.

I have a friend who finds WoWS far to difficult.

Could you send me links to these games please so that I can pass them on to him? Thank You.

I He would be interested in them.

[ONIX]
Players
1,085 posts
8,996 battles
1 hour ago, PzychoPanzer said:

The only reason you could make that statement is because you're not looking close enough.

Install something that show you wr/wtr of all the people in your game, and come again please.

It's the main reason I stopped using it. I know most players are beyond r3tarded, but I didn't need to see it quantified :Smile_sad:

Most bad players out there are (I'm guessing) somewhere around 40%. Even a player who is constantly afk would probably be around that 40% given a big enough sample because the impact of a single, very bad player is relatively small. The guy in that Tirpitz for example has a 45% wr. He's on 33% in Tirpitz, 60% or so in a couple of tier VI cruisers. 

But you may be right and I'm being way too optimistic about some players out there.