Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

[idea] How to balance AP bombs better, without changing them!

6 comments in this topic

Players
2,741 posts
15,525 battles

HI,

the  Ap  bomb is a controversial topic and often a binary weapon

- either you delete a ship

- or you nearly incapable to harm it (or hit it)

this leaves the option eiteher unsuited for competetive, unfun, or OP 

two things i would want to balance out  are:

-no more single uncounterable single drop dev-strikes

-more flexibility for the CV 

but how to do it?

i think its easy. create mixed squads instead of pure ap squads!

e.g.: the cv could choose between squad options (numbers are only for explanation not final proposal):

-8 divebombers with HE (He Pattern)

-6 divebombers HE (with HE pattern) 2Dive bombers with AP (ap pattern, would have to be determined what is possible or makes sense)

this way he could trade of

the posibility to reliably tack fires/floodings and hit lit ships 

against

the posibility to alphastrike certain ships better at the lower chance to reliably create fires and drop light ships

ths whould make cvs more flexible and not shoehorn them into a verry narro playstyle and getting rid ofthe frustration geting autodrop deleted.

so basically a win win  for all 

what do you guys think?

-

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,381 posts
13,776 battles

I'd go down a different route instead.

- remove AP bombs (keep them on Enterprise and GZ if you want to preserve premium gimmicks if it's really necessary, but I'd remove them completely as part of a global change)

- make DBs more accurate but also skill based (something like the earlier you lock in the more accurate it is)

- make 1000lb HE bombs available to T7+ DBs instead of currently T8+, Ranger could use the love

This would ensure that those who can harness the power of the 1000lb HE bombs will be able to do so without relying too much on RNG while leaving ways to counterplay for the target via simple WASD hax.

Lets face it, AP bombs were an utterly unnecessary addition to the game. HE bombs are capable of doing the same amount or even more damage to most targets if RNG is favorable while offering a lot more utility. If they could consistently hit without much effort 1000lb HE bombs would actually be ludicrously overpowered (highest hit I've seen so far was a bit over 40k), thus you need a way to at least mitigate the damage just like with TBs, currently done via RNG which is stupid. That's why a skill based drop system as the one described above would be a perfect fit.

Players
2,741 posts
15,525 battles

well i fear a skill based drop system would consider the average skill be implemented in a way so that the situation would be actually worse if you play against a good cv :Smile_teethhappy:

thats why i like the idea i proposed it would go into the game without changing any mechanics but still improve the situation for both sides

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,707 battles
3 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

well i fear a skill based drop system would consider the average skill be implemented in a way so that the situation would be actually worse if you play against a good cv :Smile_teethhappy:

Manual DB drops without delay aren't that hard to pull off, even for beginners.

Players
2,741 posts
15,525 battles

well kinda irritated thes so little feedback on this.

i atleast expected 4-5 people to completely hate it :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this